PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Enemy? (possible spoilers)

Karifean
04-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Who do you think is the hardest enemy/group of enemies in the game? Do you think Vercingetorix is tougher than the (Xiao) Long Guis?

Personally, I thought the Long Guis were the strongest enemies in the game. Vercingetorix was pretty simple. His only attack that could be a real threat was that Flame Tornado.

Shin Gouken
04-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Who do you think is the hardest enemy/group of enemies in the game? Do you think Vercingetorix is tougher than the (Xiao) Long Guis?

Personally, I thought the Long Guis were the strongest enemies in the game. Vercingetorix was pretty simple. His only attack that could be a real threat was that Flame Tornado.

I'm about to fight V-torix after i just beat the last mission that's left. Any tips?

Gigantaur gave me trouble, as did the two raktivija's. But i havn't fought a long gui or v-torix yet so they'll both likley knock me around a bit

Jings
04-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Gigantuar was the hardest enemy for me. He is the only one I couldn't kill during my playthrough, and once I finished the game I really had no desire to continue and go back to Pulse for round two.

Shin Gouken
04-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Gigantuar was the hardest enemy for me. He is the only one I couldn't kill during my playthrough, and once I finished the game I really had no desire to continue and go back to Pulse for round two.

He must of handed me my ass a half dozen times. In the end it was a simple case of having three tanks attack like smurfin crazy. Maxed out Crystarium allows them to take 2-3 hits each, when you're one hit away from dying, summon, which heals you up and you can just about finish him before he kills you. Obviously maxed out weapons and strength enhancing accessories are a must

TheSpoonyBard
04-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Who do you think is the hardest enemy/group of enemies in the game?
Shaolong Gui. The Long Guis can be brought down and rendered immobile while you stagger and attack them. The Shaolong Gui doesn't fall so can unleash Bay and Quake at any point.

I'm about to fight V-torix after i just beat the last mission that's left. Any tips?
Recuperation - SYN/SYN/MED
Countermeasure - SAB/SAB/SEN
Combat Clinic - MED/MED/SEN
Tortoise - SEN/SEN/SEN

Buff up, Poison Vercingetorix, stay in Tortoise. When he uses Impenetrable Aura refresh your buffs, heal, then ready a full bar of Poison for when he returns to attacking. Rinse and repeat.

Shin Gouken
04-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Who do you think is the hardest enemy/group of enemies in the game?
Shaolong Gui. The Long Guis can be brought down and rendered immobile while you stagger and attack them. The Shaolong Gui doesn't fall so can unleash Bay and Quake at any point.

Recuperation - SYN/SYN/MED
Countermeasure - SAB/SAB/SEN
Combat Clinic - MED/MED/SEN
Tortoise - SEN/SEN/SEN

Buff up, Poison Vercingetorix, stay in Tortoise. When he uses Impenetrable Aura refresh your buffs, heal, then ready a full bar of Poison for when he returns to attacking. Rinse and repeat.

He took me a second try and i scored a not so sexy 1 star but pfft, he was annoying as hell. Not in a hurry to go back and get that 5 star on him. Poisen FTW

TheSpoonyBard
04-30-2010, 10:42 PM
He took me a second try and i scored a not so sexy 1 star but pfft, he was annoying as hell. Not in a hurry to go back and get that 5 star on him. Poisen FTW
Equip the Gold Watch you received from that battle and try again with virgin weapons. You'll get five stars with no problems.

Shlup
05-01-2010, 12:01 AM
The only enemy I recall being an obnoxious piss off were the Behemoth Kings.

Shin Gouken
05-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Equip the Gold Watch you received from that battle and try again with virgin weapons. You'll get five stars with no problems.

Actually, you make a very good point =) Poisen does all the work so i can just dump the worst weapons on everyone.

Long Gui's were next to hand me my arse. Need some Def boosting accessories i think

No.78
05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Vercingetorix is far from easy, but Long Gui is obviously the strongest mob in the game.

Loony BoB
05-01-2010, 02:57 PM
All the enemies are easy once you get the hang of exactly what you're supposed to do, so I'm going to say Gigantuar on the basis that if I didn't have a guide, I think this is the one that would have given me the most problems, especially when trying to five star him (and even with a guide, five stars was based on luck).

Shin Gouken
05-01-2010, 05:25 PM
All the enemies are easy once you get the hang of exactly what you're supposed to do, so I'm going to say Gigantuar on the basis that if I didn't have a guide, I think this is the one that would have given me the most problems, especially when trying to five star him (and even with a guide, five stars was based on luck).

The guide was useless alot of the time. I would attempt enemies based on the strategies it offered only to find them fail and finding an easier way to do it myself.

For example, with gigantaur, it advises having Sazh use fire/flamestrike/fire/flamestrike, which has him step back each time until you're a safe distance. You'll be killed before you get far away enough and it wont get you a 5 star rank. Also, random chain is not a strategy.

No.78
05-01-2010, 05:51 PM
I beat Gigantuar without a guide...

Best I've gotten is 3 stars, though. =\

Loony BoB
05-01-2010, 08:01 PM

The guide was useless alot of the time. I would attempt enemies based on the strategies it offered only to find them fail and finding an easier way to do it myself.

For example, with gigantaur, it advises having Sazh use fire/flamestrike/fire/flamestrike, which has him step back each time until you're a safe distance. You'll be killed before you get far away enough and it wont get you a 5 star rank. Also, random chain is not a strategy.
I didn't say the guide. ;) I meant even when using a guide from the internet.

Random chain isn't a strategy so to speak, but it is a way of getting five stars. There are only two ways of getting five stars for Gigantuar from what I understand, and they both involve a bit of luck. I found random instant chain was easier/faster, so used that.

Future Esthar
05-01-2010, 10:59 PM
I am at Gigantuar right now and canīt beat him.
Is it possible to beat all the missions without beating him?

finaloblivion
05-01-2010, 11:26 PM
am i the only one who had a problem with neochu?!? the first half of the fight is simple enough but once he keeps spamming seed dispersal at regular intervals, the picochus just knock me around too much. i beat it, and i did a dance after, but it took a lot of trial and error and finding the right party. im doing a bit of grinding now so as to take on the other toughies...gigantuar, v-tix, long guis....

Future Esthar
05-01-2010, 11:31 PM
One word->Death.

EDIT: Defeated Gigantuar now.
Instant chain+Fang+Barfire=5 star win.

Karifean
05-02-2010, 09:05 AM
I defeated Gigantuar with Daze. Just stayed in MedSabSab till he was dazed, then switched to MedMedMed shortly, then to SynSynSyn and then to ComComCom. One full assault, then back to MedSabSab and daze him again. MedMedMed to 100% HP, then ComComCom till he's dead.

Future Esthar
05-02-2010, 02:12 PM
I am not a time loser anyway.
Impatience being my worst flaw.

No.78
05-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I am at Gigantuar right now and canīt beat him.
Is it possible to beat all the missions without beating him?

No, but you can kill him once you've maxxed the Crystarium.

Future Esthar
05-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Too late.