PDA

View Full Version : Youtube has started to suck

*Laurelindo*
04-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Am I the only one who dislikes the new Youtube layout?
It seems like it's basically uglier and less user-friendly than ever before:
you can't rate videos anymore, you can't delete some of your Comments and it seems to take forever before you can see Good Comment and Poor Comment rating results.
Heck, I can't even read Comments anymore, they only seem to show up if I post a comment myself (and only sometimes) or if I enter the video through a reply to one of my own comments.
I hate when a great medium gets worse just because someone wanted to make lame epiq chang3s.

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2010, 07:18 PM
I hate the new comment layout. It's so disorganized! The only good thing about that is some comments really shouldn't be read xD

Clo
04-30-2010, 07:19 PM
The comment section is chaos anyway.

Værn
It took me forever to find out how to favorite videos D:

black orb
>>> I have never been a big fan of that place but atleast they still letting you upload videos for free..:luca:

BarelySeeAtAll
04-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Hate it, and what's with the vevo thing too? It's been around a little while but it takes forever for vids to load. That, and vids are still taking ages to load because of the changes.

It's like Twitter. They think they should upgrade to "keep with the times" and all that, but nine times out of ten it crashes or it was a waste of time. Never makes an improvement and just makes people cringe and never want to use it ever again.

True, though, the "favourite" button's disappearance stumped me momentarily; why did they bother? It didn't even make things easier; it takes MORE button clicks. We don't like that.

Slothy
04-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Am I the only one who dislikes the new Youtube layout?
It seems like it's basically uglier and less user-friendly than ever before:
you can't rate videos anymore, you can't delete some of your Comments and it seems to take forever before you can see Good Comment and Poor Comment rating results.
Heck, I can't even read Comments anymore, they only seem to show up if I post a comment myself (and only sometimes) or if I enter the video through a reply to one of my own comments.
I hate when a great medium gets worse just because someone wanted to make lame epiq chang3s.

I'll grant you the video rating thing, but complaining about the layout (and other issues) of Youtube's comments section is a bit like complaining about Nintendo Power's layout. It begs the question of why anyone is looking at them in the first place.

Youtube's comments are best left ignored even when the layout isn't crap and they actually work the way they should.

Captain Maxx Power
04-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Starting to? It's sucked for yonks. The only upside to it is the free upload service, and even that's being nixxed in such a way that only the most popular/corporate videos are the ones with any sort of front-page viewership. Give it a year or so and the place will be paid for.

Hollycat
04-30-2010, 07:42 PM
You tube is going down the path of xanga to myspace and then myspace to facebook. I wonder what will take over the video world?

Jings
04-30-2010, 08:04 PM
They should do away with the comments section altogether. Poison and evil is born there.

Vermachtnis
04-30-2010, 08:18 PM
I don't know how to view my history any more.

NorthernChaosGod
04-30-2010, 08:32 PM
It sucks ass, if I wasn't able to skin it I probably would stop going there.

Depression Moon
04-30-2010, 10:41 PM
It doesn't look as nice and as someone mentioned it takes more clicks to do certain things. I don't understand why it was even changed.

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2010, 10:49 PM
I just hope they don't turn into facebook and only fix things that aren't broken (yet :|).

Shlup
05-01-2010, 12:02 AM
I try to stay open-minded about format updates and such, but, yeah... it sucks.

Marshall Banana
05-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Me either. Is it even possible? It was a really useful function.

Shoeberto
05-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Samesies. I really tried to embrace some of the new stuff but I can't even see any logical reasoning behind most of it. It really sucks.

If they took away the ability to view history without an incredibly good reason, then they're retarded. That was way useful. Also, taking away stars for ratings? That's dumb. The whole overhaul is just bad.

And this is coming from a person who has been supportive of every Facebook redesign thus far while everyone else gripes. At least those updates mostly made sense.

Rye
05-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Samesies. I really tried to embrace some of the new stuff but I can't even see any logical reasoning behind most of it. It really sucks.

If they took away the ability to view history without an incredibly good reason, then they're retarded. That was way useful. Also, taking away stars for ratings? That's dumb. The whole overhaul is just bad.

And this is coming from a person who has been supportive of every Facebook redesign thus far while everyone else gripes. At least those updates mostly made sense.

Word. I actually always enjoy the Facebook redesigns - I don't care if it looks more like Twitter because Twitter has a really nice format - but this YouTube redesign is just kind of unnecessary.

Old Manus
05-01-2010, 01:11 AM
ITT we badmouth one of the greatest revolutions in web 2.0 in the last 10 years for having a difficult to read comments section

Jessweeee♪
05-01-2010, 02:46 AM
Facebook redesigns never really seem to better anything. It's always like "oh well this is different now but I guess it'll be fine once I readjust." xD

ANGRYWOLF
05-01-2010, 03:00 AM
but the content is the most important thing.

For me vintage songs like Sultan of Swing...videos of games I like and of games I don't....that I can watch. Weird stuff like people jumping through hoops to get multiple ribbons /zodiac spears and shields in FFXII and Nat from Australia...Ms Community channel as she loses weight.I worry about her a bit.Maybe some of you aussie players can check up on her for me.:roll2

So while it could be better it still has a lot of good stuff.

NorthernChaosGod
05-01-2010, 05:31 AM
ITT we badmouth one of the greatest revolutions in web 2.0 in the last 10 years for having a difficult to read comments section

Fuck web 2.0.

MJN SEIFER
05-02-2010, 10:28 PM
It took me forever to find out how to favorite videos D:

No offence but, really? I saw the words "Save To" and thought, "yeah, that's how I do it."

They should do away with the comments section altogether. Poison and evil is born there.

Even though there are some stupid coments made by stupid people, I think they should keep it becuase there are still people who make genuine coments that talk about the video that the uploader has made/uploaded - if the uploader has a problem with any coments s/he can delete them - infact you can even set things up so comments will only appear after you accept them - that's a top way to avoid spam.

To be honest, I think, your all kind of exagerating; The worst part about this new lay out is that it is some times hard to spot that a particular coment is a reply to another (unless, they have "@Whoever" at the top). Bottom Line is, I still love YouTube - It's doing mostly fine, at the moment - and what it does wrong is down to the comunity.

Ultima Shadow
05-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Hey, YouTube people going to ridiculous lengths while fighting over small, pointless matters tends to be more amusing than the actual videos themselves. :p

Meat Puppet
05-02-2010, 11:05 PM
My favorite part is how all the people in their old videos would point off to the side when talking about the video description box, but as if just to fuck with them YouTube but it below

Rostum
05-04-2010, 06:43 AM
Me either. Is it even possible? It was a really useful function.

Go to My Videos and 'History' will be listed in the left side menu.

Btw. Youtube has always sucked. :(

Jessweeee♪
05-04-2010, 07:18 AM
My favorite part is how all the people in their old videos would point off to the side when talking about the video description box, but as if just to smurf with them YouTube but it below

Ahahahahaha

Breine
05-04-2010, 09:46 AM
The new layout hasn't bothered me, as of yet anyway.

Loony BoB
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
YouTube comments are a cesspool. Any movement away from ease-of-use when commenting or reading comments is doing the internet a favour.

Depression Moon
05-04-2010, 06:11 PM
The comments on FF songs don't ever seem to go out of hand.

DK
05-04-2010, 10:00 PM
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/my_history)

Rianoa
05-06-2010, 11:23 AM
I hate the new youtube the fact there is not subscription box, just what your subscriptions are watching quite frankly i dont give a :bou::bou::bou::bou: about "sxephil favourited britney spears 3" :@

*Laurelindo*
05-15-2010, 12:58 PM
One of the most annoying things with Youtube that has always happened to me is when you randomly just can't submit posts to lots of videos, why the hell is this?
It's like "no you can't submit this", then I try on lots of other videos and some stupid "error" always occurs; "couldn't submit post" or something.
And yes, I am allowed to submit comments to those videos.

ReloadPsi
05-15-2010, 02:46 PM
At least the Annotated Series are amusing, having helped me through a rough time. Seriously, look up CAD Annotated or Mario Annotated.

One of the most annoying things with Youtube that has always happened to me is when you randomly just can't submit posts to lots of videos, why the hell is this?
It's like "no you can't submit this", then I try on lots of other videos and some stupid "error" always occurs; "couldn't submit post" or something.
And yes, I am allowed to submit comments to those videos.

They now seem to block harsh language, and they've always blocked anything they suspect to be a URL.

Chris
05-15-2010, 02:57 PM
The only thing that bothers me about YouTube is that they removed the option of having another website host your profile picture. When you upload a profile picture, it gets really, really blurry, even if you stick to the restrictions. So. Freaking. Annoying.

*Laurelindo*
05-15-2010, 03:15 PM
They now seem to block harsh language, and they've always blocked anything they suspect to be a URL.Oh, that explains it then.
I was trying to post a URL that referred to several videos, and all of them refused to submit that particular message. :p