PDA

View Full Version : Plot Dino says, "Read the walk through."

Freya
05-01-2010, 05:17 AM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/title.jpg

This is a silly fun walkthrough meant to be entertaining and not such a serious sally walkthrough. It’ll also be slightly interactive but we’ll get to that part when we come to it. There will be images and scary dinos so don’t be frightened! I hope to cover a lot of well everything! It’s all meant for fun though so don’t be jerkfaces :mad2:. The walkthrough will progress as I play it and have your input on it! (which is really just what their names will be and who will be in the party and anything else I decide. ) There will be tips along with screenshots so you might actually learn something! SO ENJOY!

Game mechanics:

Okay so you picked up this game but you know smurf all about FF’s for some strange reason. So let’s go over the basics of it.

It’s an ATB type system. ATB is active time battle. This means that there is a pretty little bar that fills up until it hits the money spot. When it’s full you can attack! See simple. The same bar is used for Trance, which is a super omigawd thing you’ll learn about as you play. With trance instead of filling up it decreases with your turns in trance. There is the Active battle mode and the Wait battle mode. Active is when the characters just go when they have the chance and Wait is well, they wait till they can go. We’ll be using Active cause we’re bamfs like that.

There are the simple things like HP which is your health and MP which is your magic! This isn’t hard to understand right? Certain characters have certain moves. Pretty much they come down to magical and physical moves. When it’s a magic attack or one that uses MP, each spell has a number next to it. This number represents how much MP it will cost to use. And that should be self explanatory; you can only use however much MP you have!

There are two types of skills in IX; action and support. Action is summons, magic and weapon skills and support is well things like status effects and what not. You get these from items/equipment! When you get an item you equip it and you go to well your abilities. You have a certain amount of magic stone points you can assign. As you battle you get AP (ability points). If you have certain abilities assigned with the Magic stone points then your AP will be going to each thing you have selected. When you fill it up you’ll learn it permanently. Always remember to learn it permanently before you unequip whatever it is that has the ability if you wanna keep it. The AP goes to the support, the ones you have to assign, and the action ones. So you don’t have to worry about placing the points yourself. As you level up you get more points to assign more things! See not so hard. You’ll get the hang of it I’m sure.

Another fun thing about this game? We’re going back to having 4 characters fight in our battles! Fun times will be had!

You got all that? OK moving on.

Status aliments:

So this is the stuff that effects you in battle. LEARN IT!

Auto-Life – You automatically come back if you die!
Berserk – You get all strong-like but you have no control over the character. They just attack things.
Confuse- You can’t control the character
Darkness – They are blinded! They can’t really make attacks hit home.
Float – Well… they float? Earth things can’t hurt them
Freeze – They are frozen in a block of ICE! If they are attacked they shatter and are KO’d instantly. You can’t revive them or anything just POOF gone for the rest of the battle.
Haste – this makes your ATB fill up faster.
Heat – This is why they’re hot, this is why they’re hot. If they do any action they die.
KO – They die.
Mini – Honey you shrunk the characters! Ok i'll admit that was lame. Attack and defense go down but look how cute you are! :D
Petrify – You turn to stone! If hit sometimes they shatter and are lost for the rest of the battle :(
Poison – HP decreases over time.
Protect – Defense is raised! YAY!
Reflect – You get to play ping pong with magic. If someone has this on than a spell will fly back to the caster.
Regen - HP slowly restores overtime.
Shell – Magic Defense is raised! YAY!
Silence – You can’t cast any magical attacks :(
Slow - ATB gauge slowly fills up
Stop – You no longer can do any action on the character.
Trouble – When attacked, it also hits your other party members.
Vanish – Can’t be seen! Or hurt physically. You gotta pew pew them with lasers
Venom - No EXP & AP earned after battle & character can't move.
Virus - No EXP & AP earned after battle
Zombie – If you heal them it’ll hurt them D: Items or skills.

Elements:
Pretty much in every RPG ever made ever they have this thing so well here.

Fire>Ice
Ice>Fire
Thunder>Water
Water>Fire
Earth>Wind
Wind>Earth
Holy>Shadow
Shadow>Holy

Get it? Got it? Good.

ATE and Moogles:

ATE is Active time event. This is like mini cutscenes. You can skip some but others you have to watch. It’s all fun, so watch them if you want! Unless you’re going for Excalibur II then don’t worry about them.

Moogles are the save points in this game.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080309044933/finalfantasy/images/f/f6/FFIX-Moogle_Concept1.jpg

They also have this thing called Mognet! Mognet is pretty much a really long side quest. It’s kinda entertaining to see what the moogles write to each other cause guess what! You’re delivery boy! Thought you got out of that pizza job huh? The moogles in this game are probably the most entertaining out of any of the games so you might want to pay attention.

Field:
When in the field you get “!” or “?” marks. This means, “holy crap something is right there I’m so excited and questioning my existence at the same time!” There will be a world map to access much like many older games. You’ll eventually have a few modes of transportation throughout the game. You can travel by foot, chocobo, ship and airship. You’ll just have to progress the game to get everything!

Ok that’s our basics I think…. For now. I’m not going to go into items and weapons really right now. I’ll address certain things as we come to them like mini games and what not. Who knows we might get some help.

Characters:
Who are our leading ladies so far? (I’ll update this with info and what not as we progress)

Pierre

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/Pierre.jpg

Our main character Zidane, or Pierre in our case, is a thief! He can steal things and he has thievery skills. These come in handy throughout the entire game. Many creatures and bosses have some very unique items on them. He can use daggers or butterfly swords. He also tends to wear the leather type things. He can’t wear the heavy metals since he’s far from being a headbanger.

Chansey

WHITE MAGE!

Thunder

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/vivi.jpg

It's Vivi/Thunder! He's a black mage. This means he can use magics. Pew pew lasers. He tends tow ear cloth items and pew pew at things.

Irontoe

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/irontoe.jpg

Benard[u]

Blue mage loser face. Who is a HE!

[U]Walkthrough of happy fun time:

So you decided to play FF IX! Good choice. Well best choice, some EoFFers may say! The game begins with a lovely FMV. You get to see some hot boat action, some hot pole action and even some hot bird action. Great stuff.

Theater Ship:
So here we are, on a creaky airship, all dark and mysterious. So un-named tail boy what do you do? "Light the candle in the middle of the room!" Yeah don't listen to the screen yet. It lies. Ya know we need someone else to tell us what to do... what to pay attention too... a narrator... a... plot person... a dinosaur... A PLOT DINO! I do declare it's plot dino time!

Plot dino! What say you?

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino01.jpg

Well I guess there is that... Maybe we shouldn’t have enlisted him… I guess it’s too late now…

So now go light the candle and someone will call out asking who's there and you get to name your character. That’s where you lot come in! What’s the name of this character? :D Next section coming up!

Jessweeee♪
05-01-2010, 05:45 AM
Pierre!

Marshall Banana
05-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Oh, cool! I didn't expect a thread like this.

So now go light the candle and someone will call out asking who's there and you get to name your character. That’s where you lot come in! What’s the name of this character? :D
Hmm...

"Rain."

Vermachtnis
05-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Chandler!

Freya
05-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Oh hay it’s pierre! (How I pick the names, well it’s really what I find amusing. I was going to do chandler but it was too long. Pierre was the first suggestion so I went with that. If you like someone elses name pick support them and I’ll be more likely to use the name!)

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/Pierre.jpg

Blank, Cinna, and Marcus come out from the door and chat with you for a bit. I’m sure they had some crazy hawt stories to share being the man whores that the tantalus crew leads me to believe they are. BUT they are interrupted by this… thing.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough01.jpg

*Gobo wanted this to be Plot Dino but I personally like the current plot dino better.

OMG first battle! With some weird guy in a mask…. yeah… really exciting stuff here.

Boss: Masked Man
HP: 160
Steal: Mage Masher, Wrist, Potion

Alright this is probably the easiest fight in the entire game, it is the first though so it should be. All of the Tantalus crew can use steal so do so until you get all 3 items. The masked man doesn’t target any one character so you shouldn’t get near dying but if someone does just toss a potion up. He doesn’t hit for really much more than around 20 points so you don’t have to worry too much. Only one who could possibly get knocked out is Cinna and frankly I don’t give a smurf about Cinna. He annoys me. And since you’re reading this walkthrough, he now annoys you as well. The masked man does this bounce around thing where he trips and falls so sometimes he wont even make contact with your party. After you get your items from steal, well go ahead and beat the crap out of him. Don’t worry it’s easy.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough02.jpg

After the fight everyone will look hella tired and the man will announce himself as Baku. He calls a meeting and tells you his nefarious plan to kidnap the most babe-ilicious princess Garnet because they are all pedos since she’s like 16! But come on did you see that FMV she’s freaking jailbait walking.

Oh crap… did you hear that?... It sounded… oh Uh… Hi Plot Dino!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino02.jpg

Oh well I wasn’t as offended by that interaction, he is kinda helpful isn’t he? Guess he has a little bit of a charm in those googly eyes.

Now we’ve learned a little bit here.

Our main character Zidane, or Pierre in our case, is a thief! He can steal things and he has thievery skills. These come in handy throughout the entire game. Many creatures and bosses have some very unique items on them. He can use daggers or butterfly swords. He also tends to wear the leather type things. He can’t wear the heavy metals since he’s far from being a headbanger.

Alexandria:

We’re treated to another beautiful FMV! And guess what, we get to name another character. He’s the black mage and I’m telling you this now so I can get more of this done while you decide so when I come upon it, his name will be hot in the oven.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/vivi.jpg

Oh hay look a title, we need a title image. What's the black mage's name?

Marshall Banana
05-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Ooh, you're tempting me to play along. :vivi:

What's the black mage's name?
"Thunder."

Freya
05-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Oh i'd love it if you would play along! I hope my walkthrough actually helps and encourages people to play! :jess:

Marshall Banana
05-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Okay, I'm playing! :zidane:

Freya
05-01-2010, 08:05 AM
You can also post some of your own advice if you have any! Any tips are appreciated to make this walk-through the bombdiggity!:freya:

Marshall Banana
05-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Seeing Sakaguchi's name in the opening credits reminded me of this. (http://www.mistwalkercorp.com/album/album/album5.html)

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino02.jpg
I did this for the first time!

Is it just me or is alternating between http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/pixel/finalfantasy/x.gif and http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/pixel/finalfantasy/square.gif the fastest way to terminate text boxes?

Rantz
05-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Awesome! :D I stickied the thread for now, I'll make an announcement about it if you keep it up!

Yar
05-01-2010, 02:49 PM
The dinosaur is mean. :(

Freya
05-01-2010, 05:30 PM
So you dropped your ticket and a little girl helps you. She’s so nice. Now at this part; I know, I know I can’t avoid him but damnit do I try. I swerve right and left to try to avoid the rat boy but he always hits me. That jerk!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough03.jpg

Alright after he buggers off you can go find things; cards, items and such. There are 29 of these guys! Don’t forget to talk to people, I always love NPC’s and their idle chatter. Which irritated me about XIII. I couldn’t hear about how they were so excited for the play! Yeah they talked but it wasn’t nearly as fun as old school NPCs!

Any way…… South I guess to the previous screen. We’ll start there. There should be a statue with some Nobles hanging about in the middle of the square. Behind the statue a “!” should pop up. Click it! It’s a [Potion]. Now go straight back in the background. Still about behind the statue but along the wall of buildings. Another “!” will appear. It’s a [Lizard Man Card]! Now go Right and to what seems to be a door, another “!” will appear and you’ll get a [Sahagin Card]. Now if you go to the bottom left corner near the man with overalls you’ll get the last “!” of this area. It’s a [Zombie Card]. And we’re done with this area! Let’s go back to the one we were first in.

Right in across from the entrance to a house you’ll find another “!”. It’s a [Potion]. Head toward the north on the left side where there are some what I believe to be fruit you’ll get another “!”. It’s another [Potion]. Go back to the house that was opposite the first item in this area. Back in the corner near the table on the right side of the ladder is a “!” it contains a potion. Up the ladder and right at the desk you’ll find another “!” and it’s a [Fang Card]. Go near her bed and you’ll find “!” with 9 gil.

Alright leave and go further up the map! We’re onto the next area now. It should be outside the bar and you’ll have some nobles talking. In the Grass where you first enter the zone there is a “!”, yay 33 gil! Now if you walk as if you’re going to the next zone at the other grass knoll that Oswald is hiding in you’ll get another “!” and it’s a [Goblin Card]. Magic bullet my ass :mad2:. INTO THE BAR! In the very bottom right corner you’ll find a “!” and it has a [Potion] on the bottom left near the last table you’ll find a [Flan Card]. Near the stares against the wall with what I assume is a statue of something you’ll get one last “!” which is 27 gil on the floor. BACK OUTSIDE!

Leave the bar and then go to the next zone which should be to your left. Nothing here to find so INTO THE ITEM SHOP! Along the bottom right wall you’ll come across 38 gil on the floor. BACK OUTSIDE! So demanding, I know.

We’re in the main square now. DO NOT GO TO THE TICKET BOOTH YET. Instead go to your right and enter either the weapon or synthesis shop. In the bottom right corner of the Synth shop there is a “!” it has an [Ether]. In the Weapon shop, it’s kinda hard to get without going into the synth shop again but it’s in the right corner next to the counter. It’s a [Remedy]. Now in the main square, you need to go as if you’re going to see the guards at the top of the area. On the left side next to the wagon you’ll get a “!” and it’s [Phoenix Pinion]. If you go across and talk to hippaul he’ll tell you about 3 cards he’s hidden!

Alright so leave the main square to bottom left entrance past the jump ropers. We’ll get to them in a bit. Go down the alley way. In this next zone if you go all the way to the bottom of the area and on the docs, you’ll find a boy who is missing his cat. :( Poor kitty. The kitty will be back at the entrance of the first zone near the statue so run and get that and take it back to him and you’ll receive a [Bomb Card]. ALRIGHT now into the first house., in the bottom left corner you’ll find [Eye Drops] you can also get 3 gil when Ilia is out of the house. Just run up and down the previous area until she leaves.

Go to the church. Near the grass on the left is a [Tent] and on the right at the furthest grass spot is a [Potion]. Climb up the ladder and ring the bell! You’ll find Hippaul’s treasure! It’s an [Ironite Card], [Goblin card] and a [Fang Card]! Congrats you found all the items you can without progressing the story! Have a gif that shows you all the spots!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/alexandriaitems.gif

Now for the jump roping:

This minigame has always alluded me because I suck at it. But you might now. Just jump when it hits “!” on your screen. It increases in intervals. Prizes you get are
Jumps and rewards:
20 – 10 gil
50 – Cactuar Card
100 – Genji Card
200 – Alexandria Card
300 – Tiger Racket Card
1000 – King of Jump Rope

Alright so you jumped your little heart out and you found all your items. Let’s get this thing moving!

Go back to the ticket booth. You’ll find out your ticket is a fake. OH NOES! Well the guy is nice enough to give you three cards in return. You’ll get a [Fang Card], a [Skeleton Card], and a [Goblin Card].

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough04.jpg

He looks so sad :(.

Run back to where the guy was beating on the sign. You’ll trip and fall and the guy will break his sign he’s been working on for the last like 30 mins while you’ve been running around. He must really suck at his job. And that kid that was a jerk earlier who bumped into you asks for your help. You tell him your ticket was a fake and he asks if you want to be his slave. I dunno if this is some weird sex term or if he generally wants you as an indentured servant. I like to think it’s a sex slave which opens up a whole smurfed up outlook on this game. Accept his offer and do what he says! He’ll run off and the gil stealing Four Armed Man will bump into you and well steal gil. If you talk to him first though he’ll tell you he’s alleyway jack and teach you about Tetra master. I’m not going to go into that mini game because there are entire tutorials about that alone. Just read the in game tutorial and run with it!

You’ll then follow puck back to the church. This is where we meet your first moogles! Yah they are so cute! :jess: One of these days I’ll buy me a moogle plushy but until then I just have to look stary eyed at them. Stiltzkin the traveling moogle shows up!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino03.jpg

Talk to Kupo! Save it! Also talk to him about mognet! He’ll briefly explain it and ask you to deliver something for him. DO IT. First letter goes from Kupo to Monty! Shouldn’t be too hard. Climb the ladder and let’s get back on track. Our pointed hatted friend is scared of heights. You’ll almost fall to your death but oh well, that’s not important what’s important is the random crap you can find on the rooftops! Check the flower pots! The first one you see will have 29 gil. After you go further you’ll get to decide the name of Pointy hat!

We’re Thunder, he’s Puck.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/thunder.jpg

Now that we got that out of the way… MORE ITEMS! Go down the stairs and across the boards to find another flower pot it has 63 gil in it. Go back up the stairs and across some planks to the top right corner. You’ll find another pot. It has 92 gil in it! Wtf is with these people and storing gil on their rooftops in flower pots. Should I invest in a piggy flower pot bank?

Follow puck and you’ll start the FMV for the Play!

Meet miss scary queen. She’s big and scary and queeny.
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/scary.jpg

Also meet The Guard dude.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/steiner.jpg

He needs a name. What’s the name for this character?

Jessweeee♪
05-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Tiny Tim if it fits.

Freya
05-01-2010, 05:43 PM
You can only have 7 character so it'd have to be TinyTim.

Quindiana Jones
05-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Bernard. Bernard is a great name for a Knight. Adelbert Bernard.

But only if you say it properly! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IquAh2Tgi10&feature=PlayList&p=28A44E771CCD2D8D&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=15)

Psychotic
05-01-2010, 06:17 PM
The dinosaur is being mean and it's hurting my feelings.

This thread gets a 5-star rating from me.

Vermachtnis
05-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I second Bernard

Rantz
05-01-2010, 07:48 PM
I think Irontoe suits him.

Jessweeee♪
05-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Irontoe!

Clo
05-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Princess! :D

Dino, you have a big head. AND LITTLE ARMS.

EDIT: Wait, only seven characters? Darn. Okay, Irontoe.

Shoeberto
05-01-2010, 10:19 PM
This makes me wish they'd make another game in the FFIX world but without all of the drama and pretty much just let me live there forever. It's such an awesome place.

gj on the walkthrough so far :) Makes me want to start up a fresh game!

Marshall Banana
05-01-2010, 10:54 PM
"Despair?"

G13
05-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Hey cool, you're actually doing it. I thought this project wasn't gonna be for a while. I'll start up a game later and follow along. :monster:

McLovin'
05-01-2010, 11:04 PM
A variation of Princess, that'd be jokes. :D

Or call him Orgasmo. "PRINCESS, PRINCESSSS!"

Quindiana Jones
05-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Bernard. :colbert:

Freya
05-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Alexandria Castle:
So the play starts and you have all the blah blah canary blah blah.

WOO FIGHT!

BOSS: King Leo
HP: 200
Benero – HP: 40
Zenero – HP: 40

Your steal action is replaced by SFX. It really doesn’t do anything at all but look pretty. There is no point in using it unless you really feel like you should impress those fools in the audience. Benero and Zenero go down in about one hit. Who would have guess, Cinna could and probably will die in this fight. Don’t worry about it. He sucks anyway. It’ll take about 5 hits from the actual fighters to take King Leo down.

YAY MINI GAME! This mini game is hella fun. At least in my opinion.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough05.jpg

Depending on how you do you’ll get rewards.

Amuse – Rewards
00-49 = Ether
50-79 = Elixir
80-99 = Silk Shirt
AND
100 = Moonstone.

Don’t kick yourself if you can’t get the moonstone. I have never gotten it. I’ve only ever gotten 99 amused. You’ll be able to get another one later so don’t fret if you can’t get it. If you don’t like your outcome you can try again with an “ENCORE!” from the crowd. You’ll get [???] amount of gil depending on your performance. If you get a perfect 100 then you get 1000 gil if I remember and that’s a lot at the beginning.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough06.jpg

That jerk!

After you play the mini game it’ll change to Pierre/Zidane and Blank stealing some knocked out guards armor. You’ll run into the princess and have a little exchange. Soon after it’ll change to what’s his name? Oh yeah Irontoe. But not before we see the idiots Zorn and Thorn.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/irontoe.jpg

You’ll then have to play a game of rounding up all the Pluto Knights. Before you go anywhere though, go talk to Brahne and you’ll get whatever item reward it was that you earned when you impressed her from the previous mini game. As I said early I have never been able to get 100, I got 94 this time around but that’s good considering I’ve never played it emulated before. So I get the silk shirt

Time to find the Soldiers! Remember what they say or are doing because it will be important in a later disc. Talk to Kohel and Blutzen in the guardhouse. The first one we run into is Dojebon on the upper floor. To get him, wait in the middle until he goes to one side and rush him! The east room is a dining room. That’s where you’ll find Mullenkedheim. Go downstairs.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough07.jpg

In the library you’ll find Laudo. Tell him to go search leave the area and come back. He’s still in there and once you tell him to go again he’ll get his ass in gear. Go to the lakeside to get Haagen all worked up. Now head to the Left to find Weimar hitting on one of those skanky solider girls of Beatrix’s minions. It’s no wonder people love them. Go inside the tower. Lastly, climb the stairs to find Breireicht, talk to him twice and he’ll give you an [Elixir]. Keep on going up the stairs!

Laudo - In library; talk to him, then find him hiding there again
Kohel - In guardhouse with the moogle
Haagen - Sitting by the lakeside
Weimar - Talking to knight by west tower
Blutzen - In guardhouse with the moogle
Dojebon - In twin-stairway balcony
Breireicht - West tower's stairway
Mullenkedheim - In east wing dining room

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/garnet.jpg
Go ahead guess what class she is.

There is then an entertaining FMV and we’re all back to the Prima Vista! Talk to Ruby, who I’m convinced is the tantulas ho. I mean there is not a single other woman on that ship. She has to be bangin’ them all or at least someone, probably Blank. Then go to the next room. After we laugh at the idiot that is Cinna, he’ll lead you to an escape hatch. When you are in the Engine Room, turn the wheel to the right and to the left and two boxes will fall. You’ll see when they do. They have a [Phoenix Pinion] and a [Phoenix Down]. Equips Pierre with the Mage masher and go to the next room!

Boss Name: Steiner /Irontoe
HP: 175
Steal: Leather Hat, Silk Shirt

This is another easy fight. Just steal what you can like before because here in the beginning it’s pretty important to get these extra items. He might attack one character but he should attack everyone evenly. Again, no one cares about Cinna, use him to heal Pierre if his health gets low. Once you get him down 175 health he’ll use Armor break on blank and ooglops will go everywhere!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/ooglop.jpg

Everyone hates ooglops. ‘Cept Pierre and Garnet for some reason. They narrowly escape and go up the lifts and have to perform! Are you guys nervous for them? Oh hay look it’s thunder and Puck! Oh hay… FIGHT TIME!

Boss Name: Irontoe AGAIN
HP: 160

This is an easy fight again. You abilities are back to being SFX ones so no stealing. Just take out his soldiers and then him! Not too hard. “Bah only a flesh wound!”

After the battle a pretty FMV will come on.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough08.jpg

Boss Name: Irontoe AGAIN again
HP: ---

Oh why is there no health? Oh well because there is a Bomb Behind him, duh. You just have to survive three turns of the bomb growing. He wont listen to anyone but come on, “look out behind you” that’s so sincere

After it’s over there will be another FMV and you’ll crash and blah blah lots of fireworks. JUST WATCH.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/crash.jpg

STAY TUNED for when I get the next part up :P

Quindiana Jones
05-02-2010, 12:57 AM
You actually get 10,000 Gil and it's totally worth getting 100% of the nobles pleased. :D

Bah, Irontoe is still good. Though someone better be called Bernard. :mad:

Marshall Banana
05-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Trying to impress 100 nobles is so frustrating. =(

I've done it once before in the past, but it took me an hour or two of attempts. I can't seem to do it again.

Freya
05-02-2010, 04:13 AM
You know I guess this is also a "if you've never played IX here's the easy way to know the story" thread too...

Rantz
05-02-2010, 01:28 PM
I've never gotten 100 impressed! I've gotten 99 many times, though :( I always beat myself up about it since that Moonstone would really come in handy later.

Irontoe :D I'm tempted to fire up IX now just to play the beginning. It's my favourite part!

Rye
05-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I've only gotten 99. ;; Good job! =O Cool walkthrough, Plot Dino makes me rofl.

Breine
05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
This is a great idea!

Goldenboko
05-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Plot Dino says "Go Kaycee, go!"

Brennan
05-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I lol'd at Irontoe
Pierre reminds me of that French guy on Crono Cross (I think it's the same name)

Quindiana Jones
05-02-2010, 05:59 PM
I feel freaking smug as hell. I can get 100 after about 10 or so tries, usually. :D

And it's 10,000 Gil! Gragh!

Vivisteiner
05-02-2010, 07:30 PM
100 aint that hard. Although getting high 90s is always frustrating.

charliepanayi
05-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I've managed to get 100, there is something absurdly fun in doing a QTE-type swordfight.

Freya
05-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Thanks for all the comments ^_^ We’re gonna try to speed it up a bit cause taking all these screenshots is slowing this walkthrough down! And if I expect you lot to join in I better be able to keep up. The first disc is my favorite so it shouldn’t be too hard.

Evil forest:
It’s evily and foresty. The moogle comes up and will explain to you about ATE. You’ll see garnet and thunder! You know what’s about to happen! Alright so you’re all “I don’t need those fools! I’ll beat this game myself!” Well my friends, it’s not a level one Ozma challenge here. It’s just a plain ol’ walkthrough.

Ok so after the ATE you can save it if you want. Now in this next zone, I always try to level up a little bit to at least make the next area easier. I suggest it. You’ll actually appreciate the extra levels. Just run around in circles or up and down the area until it breaks away. Get to about level 3 or 4 and then move to the next zone. You can equipped the silk shirt on him if you would like. If you start to run low on HP while fighting, just toss a potion up. By just leveling up right here by yourself you’ll change the entire pace of the game. It’ll make everything easier and you honestly wont die as much having a stronger Zidane/Pierre in the party. If you don’t get those extra levels the next boss might be hard.

Oh look a boss fight!

Boss Name: Prison Cage
HP: 500

Ok so this fight can get annoying if you let it. Prison Cage absorbs health from Garnet. If she dies, Game over. It’s as simple as that. So just toss her a potion when her health is low. If you haven’t noticed, Pierre is now a fruity pink homosexual. This is trance, it’s like super saiyan. BAM you’re tranced cause it was so emotional! Use his Dyne abilities until you go out of trance. After that Pierre is used for healing garnet and attacking here and there. While Pierre is tranced use Irontoe to toss the potions and just hack away! It’ll be dead in no time If you’re level 4 it should only take two dynes and you’re done. SEE leveling doesn’t hurt :D

Alright so the plant took off with the princess! Crapola! Let’s take a step back and talk about trance real quick.

Trance:

Problem with trance in this game is it only rarely happens via story line and other wise it’s when your bar gets full. You can’t save your trance so if a random monster makes you trance right before it dies you waste your trance. There is currently a thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-ix/129043-trance-underused.html)about how under used it is! Go put your two cents in if you haven’t already.

Pierre has a specific trance list everyone else their abilities just double or their power just increase or they just jump a LITTLE higher. So I’ll list his stuff since it’s unique.

Dyne – Target – MP – You master it by learning….

Free Energy - One -10 – Flee
Tidal Flame - All - 12 – Detect
Scoop Art - One – 14 – What's That!?
Shift Break - All - 16 – Soul Blade
Stellar Circle 5 - One - 24 – Annoy
Meo Twister - All - 32 – Sacrifice
Solution 9 - One – 48 – Lucky Seven
Grand Lethal - All - 60 – Thievery

Irontoe/Steiner – his attack is raised by 300%
Garnet – She can summon without using MP
Vivi/Thunder – Dbl Blk - He can cast two black magic spells in a row

BACK TO THE STORY

The Prison cage stashes Garnet and comes back for thunder!

Boss Name: Prison Cage II
HP: 500
Steal: Broadsword, Leather Wrist

So he’s back, back again. Time to kill it, kill it again. This time you can steal which, of course, you don’t have to do but you might want to sell things. You might be thinking “oh this will be harder without Pierre in trance! Well it’s not. Vivi/thunder can cast fire while in the cage thing but he’s still being absorbed on so if he gets too low then toss a potion up. You’ll lose if he loses all his health. Otherwise just hack away and it’s dead in fairly quick.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough09copy.jpg

Ok so you got poisoned OH NO! And you’re back at the ship. You’ll be talking to Baku, on the bridge there is a box that has some [Bronze Gloves], get em! There is a box that’s obviously staring at you. It’s a [Wrist]. Watch the ATE’s and you’ll see how creepy Cinna is again.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough010.jpg
They are all pedos I swear.

In the bed you’ll find 116 gil. Get the chest in the northern part of the room also, it’s an [Ether]. You give Thunder a remedy and then Benero had given Irontoe one. Pierre makes a promise “I’ll find her!” but come on it’s like finding a needle in haystack in the forest, so he thinks about getting laid getting a kiss from her and it’s all good. The cutscene here shows up all throughout the game I swear so get use to it.

Blank will tell you Baku wants to meet with you and you’ll find him in the room where the meeting was held. There is a box in here so make sure to grab it, it’s just a [Potion] though so it’s not that important. Don’t talk to Baku yet and go to the top corner like you did in the beginning and you’ll get an [Rubber Helm]. Then you’ll have to omg fight him!

Boss Name: Baku
HP: 200
Steal: Iron Sword, Hi-Potion

Alright you NEED to steal that Iron sword, it’s so much better than what Steiner has currently. Like before, Baku trips and falls so he might not even make contact with you. After you get your stolen items just hack away. He only has 200 health so it wont take long at all.

Ok so after you fight he’ll tell you Irontoes door is unlocked. Go in there and get him. You’ll leave the room but go BACK in and grab the [Ether] and outside there is another [Ether] if you missed it before. Then you’ll go to talk to Thunder and him and Irontoe will chat about hiding something in Irontoes pants for thunder to find an ability. Which is the Magic sword. It’s based on Steiner/Irontoe’s MP. It’s Thunders magic plus a sword basically. You’ll go to leave and Blank will stop you. Give you a note which talks about abilities and Blank gives you more remedy for the poison and a world map. And check the box out…. It’s a [Leather Hat].

Now it’s “time for my adventure!” shouted a swede out of nowhere. So go back outside and talk to Cinna if you need to buy anything (you don’t) and save it at the moogle! If you talk to him about mognet you’ll get a letter from ruby about how she was left behind. I don’t get HOW she was on the ship earlier. Equip everyone with what you got. Make sure Thunder has the leather wrist though so he can learn Blizzard. You’ll go back the way where you encountered the prison cage but just keep on going! Try to level everyone up to at least level 3. It’ll make everything easier. I know some people don’t like the grind but don’t try to avoid fights, they actually help as you level. You’ll come to a spring that heals your MP and HP. It’s Monty. You have a letter for him! THUS YOUR MOGNET QUEST IS STARTED! Talk to him again and you should get a letter from Stiltzkin about being in a cold place.

You’ll have a FMV which I always find cool in this game, it transitions from normal play to an FMV and just looks cool. Make sure to equip people with Silk shirts that you have because it reduces thunder effects. You’ll have one more zone then you’ll come across garnet and the biggest weed ever!

Boss Name: Plant Brain
HP: 900
Steal: Iron Helm, Eye Drops

Ok you will want to steal Iron Helm. So this will really be the only bad part about this fight. If you use Thunder/Vivi’s Fire and Irontoe/Steiner’s Magic Sword Fire, (plant has a weakness to fire duh) then it’ll near wipe him out. After his health gets low Blank will appear. Once he does just have Pierre and Blank Steal until you get Iron Helm unless you already got it before Blank got there. After you get it just let loose! Plant Brain casts Thunder which will hit everyone and also Darkness if he gets hit with a physical attack. That’s really all you need to worry about. It isn’t too hard of a fight!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough011.jpg

So oh snap you killed the big guy now the whole forest is chasing you! Run away! Well actually this is an easy chance to level up. There really is no time limit or any impending doom besides the frantic music. So if you get attack don’t fret just kill. The things die in about one hit anyway. Eventually you’ll get to a FMV and it’s sad :( I don’t get how Irontoe, being one of the slowest characters in game, WHILE holding Garnet can outrun poor Blank but whatever.

So you’re out of the forest! YAY! Monty got out too! YAY! Moogle love :kaolove2:! There will be lots of dialogue and then Monty will give you the Moogle flute and show you the “Teach me, Mogster!” ATE thing which is a tutorial about, well, near everything. The flute will allow you to summon a Moogle to save on the world map. It’s Moguo!

Now we’re at the world map! And now it’s time for a dance break!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino04-1.png

You know you missed him ;)

Goldenboko
05-03-2010, 01:45 AM
I had no idea about the 9 times thing. Awesome.

Jessweeee♪
05-03-2010, 02:02 AM
Hahaha I went through the whole game looking out for the moogle who said that and he was right there all along!

Clo
05-03-2010, 04:38 AM
I have never done this 9 times thing! I need to go do it now! D:

Also, that Steiner screenshot is hilarious. :love:

Aydin
05-03-2010, 08:55 PM
You've got to continue this soon!!! This is definitely the greatest walkthrough ever!

The Plot Dino makes me LOL

Freya
05-04-2010, 06:05 AM
My power went out today while I was working on this so that’s why we’re a little late!

Ice Cavern:

“Ever heard of Ice cavern?” “Oh is this it?” “My grandpa told me about it.” “we’ll have to thank him later” “My grandpa is dead you dick.”

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino05.gif

Well isn’t that a great tip. I’ve actually played through the whole game a few times without ever knowing that.

Right away you’ll notice the breezy spots. It’s all misty cold arg! These spots cause you to fight monsters if you go through them so…. Go through them. I’m a purest at heart of “fight everything unless you really will lose if you die from this one battle cause you’re out of potions/mp so run”. So there is a box right from the get go in there, pick the [Tent] up.

Check the right side of the wall in the new zone and Thunder will melt it. There is a [Ether] and the other chest in the room is a [Potion]. If you keep heading up to a fakey wall that looks obviously fake like when you’re watching an older animation thing and you know exactly what is going to move cause it’s a different color than the rest of the stuff, yeah it’s like that. Anyway break the wall with Thunder, it’s an [Elixir]. Head to the right and go over the log for a [Potion] and use vivi/Thunder to fire it and get the Mage Masher. Equip it on Zidane/Pierre if you didn’t grab the one in the beginning of the game.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough012.jpg

We know you’re fake mister fakey wall! :colbert:

The next screen has a [Phoenix Down] and another fake wall on the west side which has a [Leather Wrist. Now the next screen you’ll have two paths. Go to the left and there will be a frozen Moogle! Unfreeze him and save. This is Mois! He’ll show you another “Teach me, Mogster! Lesson 2.” He also has a letter for you to deliver to Gumo! Save and maybe tent or just heal Zidane up. Make sure you’re at least level 7 before you go on to the next part though.

Head the other direction in the previous zone. Everyone will pass out but Zidane/Pierre will awaken and go to meet one of the best baddies in the entire game. :colbert: In my opinion anyway…

Boss Name: Black Waltz #1 & Sealion
HP: 250 (Black Waltz #1), 500 (Sealion)
Steal: Silk Shirt (Black Waltz #1), Ether, Mythril Dagger (Sealion)

Ok so Black Waltz 1 will summon the Sealion. He also uses blizzard on him which heals him for 150. Steal the [Ether] and the Mythril Dagger from the Sealion. You might think “Omg this battle will be so hard it’s just Zidane(Pierre)! But it’s not. Because it’s just you, you get hit a lot. You get hit a lot so you go into trance. Then it’s cake walk. If you have Detect then you should have the Dyne attack that hits all enemies. If you didn’t get the Mythril Dagger before you went into trance then reset the damn game and try again. It’s a very good weapon that you can’t get for a bit and it has the Bandit ability which if you have it learned then your rate of success when stealing is much better!. So just trance that :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Potion if you need to because both of them attack for around 75 and you should be good!

So you defeat them and Zorn and Thorn are like “BITCHES” or not, if they said that I’d love them so much more. Otherwise I just find them annoying. You’ll go back and everyone will awaken then you just keep heading up and eventually you come out on top. ;)

Now you’ll be overlooking Dali and Garnet needs to be a real boy girl so they try to teach her to talk normally. She also needs a new name. So team, what’s her new name?

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough013.jpg

Well ok plot dino!

After you name her when you’re on the world map go run around the forest right in front of Dali for a while until you come into contact with Mu. Mu is a friendly monster. By talking to mu and giving him [Ore] which you most likely have, he’ll reward you with 10 AP which can help level some of those abilities! It’ll also help in the long run if you want to try to fight Ozma! Also while you’re out here try to rack up some gil. I’ll show you all a trick later!

So tell us what her name should be and we can get this thing moving!

Jessweeee♪
05-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Ms Lady

Clo
05-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Lame-o.

leader of mortals
05-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Name her Freya and name Freya Lekana.

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Call her Not. Then she'll be Not Til Alexandros, and everyone'll be, like, "But whyyyy?".

Aydin
05-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Hm... What to name her...

And yeah, I agree, I hate the name Dagger...

How about "Ke$ha!"

ChickenHeart
05-04-2010, 02:11 PM
How about callin' her Kuja ;)

Vermachtnis
05-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Bighead

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2010, 06:57 PM
You could always go with the classic "Fagballs" option.

Or hey, call her Princess.

LunarWeaver
05-04-2010, 08:54 PM
I like the name (.Y.)

McLovin'
05-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Bernard.

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm wanting Quina to be Bernard, because s/he's the spit of Nursie. :D

Oh God, just thought. Chansey is the healing Pokémon. You guys following? CALL HER CHANSEY.

Freya
05-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Name her Freya and name Freya Lekana.
But then that means I have to change my name to dagger soon :(

Rantz
05-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Name her Dagmar.

Depression Moon
05-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Dang on it, one of you should've let me know this was going on as much as I love FFIX.

Marshall Banana
05-05-2010, 02:43 AM
Since I left Evil Forest, I've been keeping track of which items can be stolen from regular enemies. :zidane:

Gunitas Basin
(Evil Forest, North Gate, Ice Cavern)
Mu:PotionGoblin:PotionPython:Phoenix Pinion, Hi-Potion, Ore, Potion

Ice Cavern
Wyerd:Phoenix Down, Tent, PotionFlan:Ore, PotionCave Imp:Phoenix Down, Potion

Freya
05-05-2010, 08:15 AM
OH TABLES! I wish I could make pretty ones like you. Maybe you can help with some of these side quest lists.

I am not going to post today cause Dali starts like 5 sidequest so I wrote a lot of that today and i'm too tired to screenshot things so tomorrow i'll update it. :P

Marshall Banana
05-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Sure!

:kaocheer:

qwertysaur
05-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Template for the table that Monda used. Note that when posting the actual table you must write it all on one line, or you will have a large area of empty space above the table. (It's something with how the board reads html, I've no idea why it happens but it does.)

<center><font size="5"><b>AREA NAME</b></font><br/>(Heading for the table)

<table width="500" bgcolor="#848C84" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3"> (Start of table)

<tr> (Put this before each row, it starts a row)

<td bgcolor="#6c6c6c"><b>ENEMY NAME HERE:</b></td> (First cell in row. Monda is using this cell for enemy names this time)

<td align="center" bgcolor="#636363">ITEMS LISTED HERE</td> (Second cell in the row. Monda is using this cell for the items that can be stolen)

</tr> (Ends row. Make sure you have this every time you want to finish a row.)

(Copy the lines between the <tr> and the </tr> for each row that you want to include.)

</table> (Ends table. Make sure you have this every time you want to finish a table. It will do really weird things to the forums if you forget to put it!)

If you have any questions just ask. I set it up so all you have to do is replace the parts where I typed in caps with whatever you want to put and then make sure all the html is on one line and your ready to go. :p

Freya
05-06-2010, 04:48 AM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/chansey.jpg

OK I think Chansey is the best because I love pokemon.

So go to the observatory before you enter and talk to the guy with the airship. He tells you he’ll give it to you if you get him three types of rare coffee… OH YAY another side quest! :D There is a [Hi-Potion] near the wagon and 135 gil near the tiny mounts base. I’ll tell you more when we get to the time you can get the first one! You do have to get them all before disc 3 though!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/mu.jpg

So cute!

ALSO while you’re looking for the Mu, you very well may come across the Ragtime guy. Now this can happen in any forest at any point in the world. It can only happen four times on this first disc though. I’ll give you the answers to the questions he asks for this now so if you ever run into him you’ll have them!

01) The 15th Lindblum War started in 1600 - False
02) "I Want to Be Your Canary" was written by Lord Afon - False
03) The theater ship Prima Vista was built in Artania Shipyards - False
04) Chocobo Forest is located between Lindblum and South Gate - True
05) Some Mus are friendly and won't attack - True
06) Berkmea Cable Cars have been running for 8 years - True
07) The theater ship Prima Vista uses Mist as its energy -True
08) Lindblum Castle is larger than Alexandria Castle - True
09) Lindblum's air cabs operate around the clock -True
10) Fossil Roo is an underground tunnel that connects Treno and Alexandria - False
11) Prima Vista means 'love at first sight' - False
12) The Bobo bird is a bird that brings you fortune -False
13) Only one desert exists in the entire world - False
14) Treno's cafe, Cafe Carta, is members-only -True
15) Conde Petie is a village of Goblins - False
16) You can defeat Ragtimer - True

It’s not always in this order though. You can find him 4 times on disc one, 6 times on disc 2 and 7 times on disc 3 and 4.
If you answer him 13 times and more you’ll get a [Protect Ring].

Here’s your rewards for how many questions right you’ll get by the end.

1 - 3 = 1000g
4 - 5 = 2000g
6 - 7 = 3000g
8 – 9 = 4000g
10 – 11 = 5000g
12 – 13 = 6000g
14 – 15 = 7000g
16 = 10,000g

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/ragtime.jpg

And as I’m playing through I’ve gotten him all 4 times and the Mu zero :mad2: Oh there he is! YAY! Anyway at least for me no more ragtime for this disc :p You might want to try and get him the 4 times as well so you don’t have to worry later.

Dali:

So you’re in Dali and you need to rest for some reason even though everyone just passed out. Maybe it’s like how medical induced sleeps are. You’re still tired cause you were forced to sleep or something. You go to the Inn and the guy is all suspicious you know… suspicious guy is suspicious.

Everyone will go to the room and all pass out. Z/Pierre will be woken up by a singing voice. In the room there should be a [Potion] and a [Antidote]Now leave and talk to Gumo! You have a letter for them! Oh hey it’s about Stiltzkin, guess he barely missed us. Gumo doesn’t have a letter for you though :/ There will be some ATE’s one is about Dagger trying to speak another is about V/Thunder and another is about S/Irontoe trying to find the parents.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough014.jpg

Find V/Thunder near the windmill and you’ll both hear a chocobo! Go to the shop where dagger is and she’ll go back and then worry about where Thunder is. But before you leave buy 3 feather hats. Outside there should be 120 gil. Now to go to look for Thunder. Enter the building to the left of where Thunder was , the windmill. Look behind the crank shaft and OH MY it’s the key item [Aries]! Oh here is another side quest explanation xP

When you get to Treno there will be somewhere to turn these puppies in! Stellazzio Coins! “But why Freya do we need these coins?” Because I told you to :mad2: And you get rewards, whatevs

Name – Location
Aries – Inside windmill in Dali
Taurus – Behind item shop in Treno
Gemini – Check Treno’s fountain and throw 10 gil in each time consecutively for 13 times.
Cancer – At the entrance of Burmecia, behind an overturned cart
Leo – Search the Neptune Stature, it’ll transport you to the Alexandria harbor. It’s in the west tower of Alexandria
Virgo – In black Mage Village Inn
Libra – Search the right side of Madain Sari’s fountain
Scorpio – Search the bottom right corner of the screen in quan’s dwelling where the restoring spring is.
Sagittarius – In lindblum on the left side of the Gysahl cart. You can only find this on the 3rd disc after the construction period.
Capricorn – From Daguerreo’s entrance, keep heading right to the waters. Search there.
Aquarius – gosh typing this all out o.o At the entrance of Ipsen’s Castle, open the treasure chest near the right hand pillar
Pisces – The chest on the left side of the screen inside the Invincible. You get the ship in the end of disc 3 but you can’t get to the coin till disc 4.
Ophiuchus – After you found the first 12 talk to Queen Stella you can search for the 13th. Return to Quan’s Dwelling where you found Scorpio and well yeah!

Now when you get one you need to give it to Queen Stella and she gives you a prize!

Coin – Reward

01 - 1000 Gil
02 - Phoenix Pinion
03 - 2000 Gil
04 - Blood Sword
05 - 5000 Gil
06 - Elixir
07 - 10000 Gil
08 - Black Belt
09 - 20000 Gil
10 - Rosetta Ring
11 - 30000 Gil
12 - Robe of Lords
13 – Hammer

What’s so great about a hammer you ask. Why should we give a flying smurf about cinna’s hammer? He sucks anyway! Because dear readers, it lets you do things at the end of the game! Guess they felt bad for how useless he was.

OK BACK TO IT

Go down the manhole and then down the lift. Get the 156 gil then go see the cut scene. They’ll have Thunder/vivi and Chansey will pull you to the last section cause, I dunno when you’re in a new zone they can’t see you? Go in where Vivi was and you’ll find a [Potion] and half hidden by the gate is some [Eye drops]. Go to the Next zone and there is some box hoppin to do. Just hop the boxes and you get the loots, a [Potion] and an [Ether]. You’ll find Kumop in a barrel. He has a letter for you to give to Mogki. In the next room you’ll find a [Leather Wrist] and [Iron Helm]. Next you’ll get Thunder back. Make sure to give him the feather hat as well as everyone else :p

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough015.jpg

There is 95 gil near the egg machine. If you open the door you’ll have to fight bears OH MY! Or monsters, whatever. Behind the door is a [Phoenix Down] and [Potion/i]]. And then there is a [[i]Phoenix Pinion] half obscured by the machine. Ext the room and go check out the secrets of the Machine! If you opened the door you’ll be attacked all the way through. There will be some dialogue and you’ll get trapped in a barrel!

Irontoe is being the asshat he is. Poor Mr. Morrid :( if you haven’t already then get the [Hi-Potion] near the wagon and 135 gil near the tiny mounts base. You’ll get some info and Irontoe will run away and you can stab a barrel that has the other party members in it. Then HOLY HELL ANOTHER BLACK WALTZ!

Boss Name: Black Waltz #2
HP: 1,000
Steal:Leather Plate, Steepled Hat

Alright #2 will use Fire, Blizzard and Thunder until you get him low enough in health then he’ll use the stronger Ra forms of them. Don’t use Vivi/Thunder to attack with magic. He’ll just counter attack with the same spell. Get Z/Pierre to steal that leather plate cause it’s platey and then just Use Irontoe’s fire sword and Chansey to cure! Once you get the Plate just hack away! It’s not too difficult.

Next I recommend you go back to town before you leave. Maybe rest at the inn. ALRIGHT NOW FOR THAT TRICK. Go to the shop and buy as many [Wrist]’s as you can. JUST DO IT. Mooolah here we come! We’ll get back to this trick later.

Alright now leave to get on the plane. It’s a “should we shouldn’t we” and then one of the best things said in this entire game.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough016.jpg

You’ll be in the ship and there will be lots of dialogue. You’ll go up top and Irontoe will be like “Oh no I left them!” and you’re all “Oh no you didn’t bish”.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino06.jpg

There will be an FMV but before then make sure you have bandit equipped! The FMV is sad, even has sad music :(

Boss Name: Black Waltz #3
HP: 1,150
Steal: Linen Cuirass, Silver Gloves, Steepled Hat

You only have the three battling this time. V/Thunder will trance this time and he can use Double Black magic. Hit him Fire because it tends to do the most damage. Z/Pierre should Stick to stealing and healing if needed. You want the Linen Cuirass and the Silver Gloves. It shouldn’t take long if you have Bandit. S/Irontoe should use Fire sword because it does the most damage. Just wack away and you’re good! He does the Ra’s Thundera, Fira and Blizzardra.

There goes my fav baddies of the entire game :( Then we get to see a chase scene which is an awesome FMV. Then you’ll get to lindbulm! To another FMA which I never get to watch cause my cd is scratch where it freezes and I have to open and close the thing.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/lindblum.jpg

And seeing as how that’s another city I’ma have to screenshot extensive “!” things >.< TILL NEXT TIME!

Oh wait, I know we're gonna have to name the character my username is after! What's Freya's name?

Too lazy atm to make tables xD

Yar
05-06-2010, 05:05 AM
Kaycee

no

Gaycee :bigsmile:

G13
05-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Lekana. Because I can't think of anything else, and it made me chuckle.

:monster:

Marshall Banana
05-06-2010, 05:19 AM
The scene in which Black Waltz #3 destroys the Black Mages makes me cry a little. =(

Nolrich Heights
(Ice Cavern, South Gate, Observatory Mountain, Dali)
Carve Spider:Ore, Tent, PotionPython:Phoenix Pinion, Hi-Potion, Ore, Potion

Dali/Underground
Ghost:Phoenix Pinion, Hi-Potion, Ore, PotionVice:Potion, Echo Screen

Vermachtnis
05-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Raticate

Jessweeee♪
05-06-2010, 05:59 AM
Horsey.

Jiro
05-06-2010, 06:19 AM
I vote Gaycee also :)

I kid. Name Freya.. Judith.

Quindiana Jones
05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Haha I think it'd be awesome naming her Lekana. xD

Clo
05-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Wait, if we're talking Pokemon...

it has to be Ratatat!

Also, I am angry that this is the only spot where Zidane uses that awesome tail. :mad2:

gao
05-06-2010, 03:19 PM
I demand Pierre be made canon!

Now that IX is almost assuredly heading to the PSN and I'll get to play through this game again on the PSP, I'm going to do my best to follow Plot Dino's advice to the letter!!

Hot Shot
05-06-2010, 05:22 PM
How bout Ratchel or Helga. You know, one of the names Zidane calls Freya when they first meet in the game.

Quindiana Jones
05-06-2010, 05:29 PM
^ Okay, now I want that.

Ratchel would be a brilliant name. :D

G13
05-07-2010, 12:48 AM
I have been asked to inform you all that Freya has a family emergency that needs her attention right now. She'll be back in a few days so until then just... I dunno she didn't tell me that part. Do some sidequests or leveling-up or something.

Breine
05-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Name her Lekana! You have to do it! HAVE TO.

Also, Plot Dino is my new favourite thing xD

Quindiana Jones
05-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Hope everything's okay, Freya. Take as long as you want, m'dear.

But when you do get back, you HAVE TO name her Lekana. :D

mindfray
05-08-2010, 04:17 AM
walkthrough is amazing and like nothing else i have ever read or seen. keep up the amazing work.

Marshall Banana
05-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Is anyone else playing? I just reached the Outer Continent.

I'm happy to finally have the Mug ability!

Edit: No, I'm not. It does barely any damage! PFFFT!

Jessweeee♪
05-09-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm holding out for the PSN release!

Aydin
05-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Continue this nau!!! >:O

mindfray
05-14-2010, 03:20 AM
I hope this gets finished. This is exactly the type of walkthrough i was looking for.

Clo
05-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Plot Dino, I miss you!

Hot Shot
05-14-2010, 08:01 AM
I miss plot dino and Freya. Let's all hope that everything is ok with her and her family. But for now, lets just vote for Freya's name or try and help out in some way.

Jiro
05-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Throwing my hat in with the "Lekana" votes now, that seems the only logical thing to do! Eagerly awaiting the return of our illustrious host!

Freya
05-14-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm sorry i've been away! I had a funeral to go to and i've spent more than 2 days in 3 different states now o.o I'm home but I have a lot to do but i'll try to get some plot dino out! Maybe tonight or tomorrow!

Quindiana Jones
05-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Sorry for the funeral, Freya. Although, on a lighter side, I totally beat you! I had a funeral weeks ago now! :D

leader of mortals
05-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Sorry for the funeral, Freya. Although, on a lighter side, I totally beat you! I had a funeral weeks ago now! :D

I had a funeral on April 6th or 7th I think.

Quindiana Jones
05-15-2010, 02:22 AM
Late March. Boom. :smug:

Laddy
05-15-2010, 04:12 AM
Furry.

'Cause she is. :colbert:

Hot Shot
05-15-2010, 03:37 PM
I still think she should be called ratchel or helga or one of the names Zidane called her. But Lekana is also a cool name.

Oh and welcome back Freya! We missed ya and I'm sorry for your loss.

Quindiana Jones
05-16-2010, 06:27 PM
When did Freya get her name changed? For those who don't know, our Freya used to be called Lekana.

Hence why FF Freya should totally be Lekana. :D

Freya
05-17-2010, 04:36 AM
Ok sorry guys that whole “life” thing got in the way. Wtf is up with that right? I mean some one who’s working on a FF walkthrough should not have a life. This makes no sense it’s like a paradox.

OH NO Explosion Sunday?

Lindblum:

You get off the ship and are greeted by guards! Those jerks. Dagger shows them her tits and then you’re allowed to go see Cid. Turns out he’s an ooglop! He gets bitch slapped for that though of course. Nobody likes his kind roun’ hurr.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough017.jpg

After you chit chat go past the fountain and to the guest room, here you can get the glass [Glass Armlet] and an [Ether]. Then talk to Mogki and give him a letter! Talk to him again and he’ll ask you to deliver one to Atla! Go back to the elevator and then Z/Pierre will leave to go find his own food. Because I’m vain a lot of you suggested it, Freya is now Lekana. :)

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/lekana.jpg

You’ll wake up in an inn and at that time it’s another Moogleness! The teach me mogster thing AGAIN. Talk to Moodan and he’ll give you a letter from Ruby. Oh... lovely. Alright now it’s another Screenshot and object adventure! Your goal really is to get to the theater district so we’ll save that for last.

Business District:

We are in the business district! In the lower left hand corner, as you go down the stairs, there will be 163 gil. If you go up the street to the Zone where the lady is selling pickles, enter the only house you can. :p You’ll steal a [Hi-Potion and an [ Echo Screen while the guy watches you loot his house. Next take the alley on the left of the house. It goes to a church. Near the door, by a tree, there is a [Tent]. If you go inside and climb above the organ you can find a totally wicked awesome… [Leather Plate].

Go back to Pickle Party Square. There are all the shops!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino07-1.gif

You should also get one of the weapons for Pierre but don’t equip it yet until you get the bandit skill from the weapon you have equipped now. After you do all that then check by the back bench for some [Silver Gloves]. Now return to where the inn was but go directly across from it to reach the station. TO THE INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT!

Industrial District:

Check the blind spot by the stairway to find a [Leather Wrist]. Go near the pub, keep going to the house beyond. Inside you’ll find some chests with a [Mimic Card] and a [Steepled Hat]. On your way back pick up the [Bronze Vest] between the over head bridge and the pub. Now back to the station to go to the Theater District.

Theater District:

Check the fence when you first get there to find 127 gil. If you go into the house there you’ll meet a painter guy. He also has [Ore] so that’s cool I guess. Go to the next area but don’t’ go into the big clock tower/tantalus hideout yet. Talk to the women waiting for her friend and go see the Lowell fiasco. Follow him back to the first house. If you talk to him he’ll give you a [Autograph and there should be a [Moogle Suit] on the ground. Go to the hide out!
You’ll have an ATE and then after that raid the chests. There will be 282, 68, and 97 gil. NOW DON’T FORGET! Check on the bed and you’ll get one of the rare key items that you’re working so hard to get by doing the coffee quest and other things, you’ll find the [Mini-Burmecia]. Now back to visit Chansey!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/lindblumitems.gif

You’ll find out that Chansey isn’t there! Oh noes! Try to go to the elevator and it turns out you can’t. Go find a guard in the previous area before the guest room and you’ll steal his stuff and get up the elevator. Go all the way up to the tippy top and you’ll find her singing. You get to look through the telescope and you have to find 6 Things. I wont tell because, come on it’s not that hard. You’ll see the chocobo forest which we get to go to in the next section! Are you guys excited for Chocobo hot and cold like me!? You better be :colbert:. You’ll talk about the festival of the hunt and she’ll be all “I’ll go on a date with you!” and you’ll be all “you better bitch”. AND YEAH next section!

Festival of the Hunt:

Alright here’s the basics:

:choc2:12 min countdown
:choc2: No xp/ap/loot is rewarded for fights
:choc2: Can’t go into buildings
:choc2: You get points for killing monsters
:choc2: Person with the highest amount of points wins
:choc2: Only way the timer stops is if you pause it.

If Lek/Freya wins, she gets an Add-on which is the [Coral Ring]
If Vivi/Thunder wins, he gets the [Theater Ship Card]
If Zidane wins, he gets 5000 Gil

Now if you did the cotton robe trick you don’t need the 5000 gil and you can always get the card at another time I believe. SO MY SUGGESTION, go for the ring. It absorbs thunder-elemental damage and lets her learn Lancer! :D

Pretty much to get Lek to win you need to have her in the lead when the time goes up or Pierre is KO’d. For Pierre to win Zaghnol is defeated. And for Thunder to win the other two have to get KO’d. If you want Zidane/Pierre to win so he can score a date, well it never happens so you’re out of luck.

You’ll start in the theater district if you equip whatever weapon you got, the ogre hopefully, it should run smoothly. You just kill :bou::bou::bou::bou:. When you the timer gets to below 4:30ish in the shop area the big optional boss will be bullying some kids.

HP: 1500
STEAL: Mythril Gloves, Needle Fork

Steal the Needle fork you’ll need it for a future character. Zidane WILL get the last blow and will win. So pretty much just use Lekana to hit and then like Zidane die or make him go insane and kill yourself. “Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself.” He’ll be KO’d and disqualified and Freya will win! :D

When it’s all done you’ll get whatever item whoever wanted and the master hunter title. Tra-la-la we’re all happy, we had a fun contest, OMG dead rat! Turns out you guys have to go save the day! Who’d have guessed.

Go get equipped with awesome. I’ll let you guys figure out who has what and why cause well I have to let you lot do something on your own!

Go down the elevator to the base level. On one side, “Serpent’s Gate” where you can find a chest with a [Wyerd Card]. Go to the other trolley, the “Dragon’s Gate”. You can save at the moogle and there is a hidden [Tent] on the right side of the door. Buy your goods and such. It’s time to go kill :bou::bou::bou::bou:!

(I'll get more pictures here in a bit photobucket decided it hated me now for some reason)

And get a Qu! What’s quina’s name going to be?

Jiro
05-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Quina should be known as Andro. Short for androgynous.

Rantz
05-17-2010, 11:33 AM
AwardQu

Unbreakable Will
05-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Loving this thread! Makes me want to play FFIX again, so I think I will!!!

Hot Shot
05-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Quina should be known as Andro. Short for androgynous.
I second that!

Quindiana Jones
05-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Bernard! You promised to make Quina Bernard! :love:

Freya
05-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah I did didn't I..... :shifty:

Hot Shot
05-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Hahaha, Bernard will suit Quina so much! You have to call him/her that Freya. And I know it's a long way off, but can Eiko be called Chibi?

Jiro
05-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Andro will be saved for another time then. BRING ON BERNARD!

Araciel
05-18-2010, 04:18 PM
O great now I have to play ff9

Marshall Banana
05-20-2010, 08:21 PM
I let Freya win the Festival of the Hunt, too. I didn't defeat Zaghnol before time expired, so Freya won automatically.

Lindblum Plateau
Carve Spider:Ore, Tent, PotionAxe Beak:Ether, Hi-Potion, OreBomb (forests):Ether, Hi-Potion, Ore

Festival of the Hunt
Mu:NothingTrick Sparrow:OreFang:Nothing

Clo
05-21-2010, 05:09 AM
I am SO excited for Chocobo Hot & Cold! :tongue:

I would name Quina Frog, but a promise is a promise.

Freya
05-21-2010, 05:26 AM
Worldmap/Qu’s Marsh/Chocobo Forest:

Here we go! If you haven’t gotten bandit from the Mythril Dagger reequip them until you do. You have 3 things to do today! Get Quina, Go play Chocobo hot and cold and get your first coffee! We’ll head over to chocobo hot and cold first. Go across the bridge to the east I guess o.o to the chocobo forest!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/ChocobosForest.jpg

Chocobo Hot and Cold:

Alright this is the best mini game ever. And if you disagree than well you’re a poopy head and have no right to call yourself an FF fan. Yes that means you are in fact a liar and you don’t belong on EoFF, gtfo.

OK so Hot and cold. The point of this game is dig :bou::bou::bou::bou: up to get chocographs and those show you to special wicked awesome loot around the world. You are an archeologist! LOOK AT YOU! A profession and everything! Man, you save the world and have a nice cushy job to fall back on. I’m so proud :).

You actually get points and with these points you can exchange them for stuff. YAY STUFF!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/chocoboitems.jpg

You’ll enter the forest, Mene will give you gyshal greens and choco will leave. Go outside of the forest to the foot prints. When you see these on the world map, if you have Gyshal Greens, You can summon your chocobo. Summon Choco and go back into the forest. Now it’s time for Chocobo hot and cold!

There are only 3 places to get chocographs. But two of the places you revisit later so really I guess it’s 5. We’ll start with just this one since it’s all you can get to for a while.

Chocobo Forest:
Streamside
Between the Mountains
Uncultivated Land
Healing Shore
Abandoned Beach
Cold Field
Faraway Lagoon
Bird’s-eye Lagoon
Small Beach
AND you’ll get a part of a chocograph the Upper Left Piece

Alright now I’ll tell you the first few you can get to on this disc.

Disc -1-

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/chocograph01.jpg

Stream side - Go check where the river meets the ocean, Kupo.
It’s across the brigde southwest of the Chocobo Forest.
Contains: 2 [Elixir], 3[Hi-Potion], 4 [Ether] and 2 [Germinas Boots]

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/chocograph02.jpg

Between the Mountains - Go look near the mountains facing the ocean on the southwest side of the mist continent.
Coast between two mountains (who’d have guessed) northwest of lindblum.
Contains: 5 [Potion], 5 [Hi-Potion], 2 [Tent], 2 [Cotton Robe]

Healing Shore – I’ve seen a beach that looks like this near a city with high winds, kupo.
Beach west of Cleyra or really west from Burmecia.
Contains: Blue chocobo upgrade! Or the Reef one. This will allow you to walk in shallow water!

Now if you go back through Gizamaluke after you get this blue you can get two more but otherwise just wait till disc two. And for the reason of continuing the walkthrough story we’ll save them for disc 2.

ALRIGHT now that we’ve got all the chocographs and before you go searching for them let’s head over to south gate. Why head to south gate you say? COFFEE!!!

South Gate:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/moocha.jpg

At the entrance of the south gate Examine the bottom right of the screen and you’ll find it! TADA KAFFEE! There is also a [Ether] Near the gate on the right side. Now go find those chocographs you can on this side of gizamaluke.

Qu’s Marsh:

Alright so there is a thing walking around. This thing is a blue mage. Blue mages are the most stupidest class ever! :mad2: Whatever. We’ll get them. Catch a frog. JUST DO IT. Catch one and then talk to it. It’ll want to eat your frog, you'll name it.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/Bernard.jpg

It's master comes out then you chit chat and he/she/it joins your group! Yay Bernard!

Frog catching:

Another minigame! Frog catching! You get items for the amount of frogs you catch! Make sure there is a Male and a Female frog left, adults of course, and when you spend enough time IN GAME they will have made babies! Then you can catch more frogs! Oh but how do we know if they are male or female without catching them? Males have yellow feet and females have red! :D

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino08.jpg

[center]Frog catching
2 Frogs:Ore5 Frogs:Ether9 Frogs:Silk Robe15 Frogs:Elixir23 Frogs:Silver Fork33 Frogs:Bistro Fork45 Frogs:Battle Boots[td][td]99 Frogs:Quale fight, Gastro Fork (Ultimate Weapon)

If you catch 99 frogs, an optional boss, Quale, will appear. If you beat him he has Quina’s Best weapon. Because I hate Quina, I don’t feel the need to tell you what abilities get what. I’ll tell you though that while you’re in the marsh, try to find a Gigan Toad and eat that. You’ll get frog drop. Frog drop’s damage depends on how many frogs you catch! You can only get the frog here soo….. yeah eat it.

Damnit, I can’t just not do something xP

[center]Blue Magic!
Bomb:Lindblum PlateauMustard BombSerpion:Qu’s Marsh/World MapMighty GuardAxe Beak:Lindblum PlateauLimit GloveCarve Spider:Lindblum PlateauLV3 Def-lessIronite:South Gate World Map RegionAngel’s SnackVice:South Gate World Map RegionVanishAxolotl:Qu’s Marsh/World mapAqua BreathGigan Toad:Qu’s MarshFrog DropHedgehog Pie:
Qu’s marsh region, in forestsPumpkin Head

Make sure to equip Bernard with stuff, it has nothing on.

ON TO GIZAMALUKE!

Clo
05-21-2010, 05:36 AM
Woohoo! I love the music in Gizamaluke.

And I never knew that about the golden frog. :|

Marshall Banana
05-21-2010, 07:17 AM
I recently traded in enough points for the Robe of Lords! :dagger:

It's really cool that you're taking screenshots of the locations of Chocograph treasures! I meant to ask if you would.

Eunorus Plains
(Lindblum Dragon's Gate, Qu's Marsh, Gizamaluke's Grotto)
Serpion:AntidoteVice:Potion, Echo ScreenLadybug:Phoenix Pinion, Hi-Potion, Tent, Eye DropsHedgehog Pie (forests):Phoenix Pinion, Hi-Potion, Ore

Qu's Marsh
Axolotl:Phoenix Pinion, Hi-Potion, PotionGigan Toad:Ore

King Ed Plains
(South Gate, Chocobo's Forest)
Serpion:AntidoteVice:Potion, Echo ScreenIronite:Soft, Hi-PotionMandragora (forests):Phoenix Pinion, Hi-Potion, Tent, Echo Screen

charliepanayi
05-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Chocobo Hot and Cold is indeed brilliant, and absurdly addictive.

Breine
05-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Oooooh, I love Hot & Cold and catching frogs!

Ah yes, all that time spent on those two mini-games. Indeed good times :holmes:

Anyway, keep up the good work! I really enjoy reading this.

Hot Shot
05-25-2010, 04:31 PM
FF IX had the best minigames, except maybe VII, but they definately the most unique. Tetra Master, Chocobo Hot and Cold and the frog catching games freakin' rock!

Jiro
05-27-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm so glad you have screenshots of those darn locations, they always confuse me!

Laddy
06-13-2010, 01:26 AM
Name Eiko Vagina, because it looks like she's wearing no pants. :D

Freya
06-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Dirty laddy is dirty. I have the next part written out but I haven't had time to screenshot cause WORLD CUP :D

Aydin
06-15-2010, 12:26 PM
This needs to be continued again... :D

G13
07-16-2010, 12:25 PM
So, Kaycee, when are you gonna get back on this? :D

Breine
07-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Why did this stop? :(

Jiro
07-28-2010, 03:38 AM
Continue plox Kaycee!

Freya
09-07-2010, 05:21 AM
ON TO

GIZAMALUKE!

Sorry about not posting i've just been procrastinating :D

Gizamaluke gets kinda annoying. NOT GONNA LIE. So be prepared to be annoyed.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough021.jpg

You’ll enter, go to the right and you’ll come across an injured solider. He’ll give you a bell which will open the door. You’ll be doing this for the rest of the time. Finding bells to open doors. Through the door you’ll get in a fight with some black mages. It shouldn’t be too hard but their spells can hurt if you let em. Don’t try to eat them with Quina because they wont give you anything. Kill the other black mage wandering around the room and you’ll get another bell. Go to the far left door and talk to the Burmecian that is near dead. You’ll get a [Bronze Vest] from a “!” at the first corner and another bell from the guy.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough020.jpg

This thing is a bitch to kill if you let it. It’ll entice you and constantly strengthen with might so it will rape you if you’re not paying attention. Just kill it as quick as you can and don’t worry about eating it, cause that’ll get you killed.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough019.jpg

Go to the furthest right Door and go through there. You’ll loop around and come upon an “!” in the NE corner and another under the bridge. You’ll find [Mythril Gloves] and [Magus Hat]. Go to the bell and a small cut scene with moogles will happen! He’ll bust open the bell, open the box and go to the right door. You’ll be able to save and shop.

From now on every time you deliver a message you’ll get one kupo nut. If you have one already then you wont get another. Usually you get Elixir/Phoenix Pinion/tent, you can get two equipment items too though, The last aloha shirt and an extension. You can get an aloha shirt pretty much if you give him a kupo nut anytime past the 4th disc.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino09.jpg

If you talk to both of them and then go to leave you’ll get stopped and he’ll give you a bell. Make sure you tent and sleep up cause it’s boss time! just go to the other door!

If you'e not fond of power leveling then well don't go up the vines. IF YOU DO, you'll come across really strong monsters. Freya's Dragon's Crest's damage is based on how many dragons she's killed. So you'll kill dragons here! No wonder huh? It's best if you have the coral ring from the festival because it negates ZZZzzzts of lightning! best if you have quina's limit glove as well but don't try this unless you want to, ya know, die a lot.

Gizamaluke!

Boss Name: Gizamaluke
HP: 3100
Steal: Magus Hat, Elixir, Ice Staff

This One will be the hardest battle you’ve had so far and it might actually give you some troubles. He can attack with a party wide water attack so this may get difficult. He is vulnerable to silence though so woo on that! You can use a tent on him to get hit with the poison/silence/darkness snake! The poison wont work cause he's a bitch like that but the others will!

Do that at the start of the battle, this will give you time to steal all your items. Freya/lek should jump/lancer, quina/benard can be the item healer unless you got some nifty spells from eating crap and vivi/thunder can focus a few times and cast thunder (which he’s vulnerable to) and slow. Gizamaluke will retaliate with Silent voice though so be careful. Just kick his ass! Shouldn’t be too hard if you’ve been leveling when you’re on your adventures.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough022.jpg

You’ll get cut off! And taken to Irontoe and Chansey.

Rantz
09-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Woo it's back! :D

It should be mentioned that while you can learn Lvl 3 Def-less for Quina by eating Lamia, you can also learn it by eating the monster Lizard Man who can be found just outside the grotto - this is much less troublesome, and the spell in question doesn't work on Gizamaluke anyway, as he's lvl 16. So yes, don't bother eating Lamia. xD She's one of the hardest common enemies on the first disc (not counting the Garudas and Grand Dragons on Popos Heights).

Marshall Banana
09-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I still have my text file of stealables! :zidane:

Gizamaluke's Grotto
Skeleton:Ether, Hi-Potion, OreHornet:PotionType A Black Mage:Tent, Phoenix DownLamia:Phoenix Down, Ore

Freya
09-07-2010, 11:58 PM
South Gate Bohden Arch :

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough023.jpg

Equip Irontoe with anything but remember that with the things you equip them with now will be stuck on them for a while so if there is anything you don’t want them to have then don’t give it to them. First Talk to the human animal guy who is cleaning the gate, then be a snitch and tell on him to the man wearing overalls. THEN talk to Jobless Jeff and then finally Part-time Worker Mary. There is a chest on top of the wagon but you can’t get it yet. Attempt to go to the alley and a guy will talk to you and you’ll get your [Gate Pass]. Now you can go to the alley, get the [Multina Racket] before you go to the changing area it’s in the lower-left area.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough024.jpg

Once Chansey is done, and if you peeked you perv, equip her with stuff. Get the [Potion] from the box near the cable car. Also talk to Grimo! Get a letter that goes to Nazna. Buy some things if you need to! Get a seat and it’s….

BACK TO THE GANG

If you hug the eastern wall cliff thing, you’ll arrive at the north gate. You’ll be able to find the [Hi-Potion] and [Tent]. Not much else there besides proof that quina is a boy. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-ix/134173-quinas-boy.html)

Chocographs! You'll find tracks near the beach where you'll find the choco graph. just go through the pass in the mountains past cleyra.

-Disc 1 cont-

Healing Shore –I’ve seen a beach that looks like this near a city with highwinds, kupo.
Beach west of Burmecia! Or really Clerya :P
It’s the blue one!
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/chocograph03.jpg

Go get yourself some blue chocobo!

If you want you can go back through gizamaluke and get the others. I’ll put those in a spoiler tag just incase you don’t want to get them yet. I know I said I wouldn't and just hold off on them till later but hell, i'm doing it anyway.

Bird’s-eye Lagoon
There are so many small islands surrounding the Mist Continent, kupo!
It’s an island off the beach that’s east of Qu’s Marsh.
Contains: 8 Potion, 4 Phoenix Down, 3 Ether, 1 Magician Robe

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/chocograph04.jpg

Small beach
It’s a beach on a small island! A great place to vacation, kupo!
Contains: 4 Remedy, 2 Elixir, 8 Rising Sun, 1 Oak Staff
The oak staff will let you learn "Bio" "Drain" and "stop" so if you want those earlier than normal then go dig this one up!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/chocograph05.jpg

After all that fun it's on to Burmecia!

Rantz
09-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Everytime I see pictures from either Chocobo Hot & Cold or Chocograph hunting, I get a strong urge to load up a file just to complete that quest.

Levian
09-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah, it's the best side quest evar! and it's so rewarding as well with all those great equipments.

Great walkthrough :up: This is exactly how walkthroughs should be like.

Depression Moon
09-08-2010, 02:34 AM
I usually wait to get that treasure until after Cleyra or did I do it after Burmecia? Well it wasn't before I got to Burmecia though. On my first playthrough I didn't get that one til late.

charliepanayi
09-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Chocobo Hot and Cold is so great.

Freya
09-10-2010, 05:33 AM
First thing’s first! I would like to thank Marshall Banana for helping with the items you can get off each monster! That’s been helpful to me actually! Secondly, Guardian XIII put all the hard work into getting the blue magic list written down for me. For you see I hate Quina. Yup, I said it. But I felt I should at least try to give HIM all his magics. So GXII here stepped up and wrote out all the magics you can get and from whom, and where their locations are! Isn’t he swell? Thanks Marshall Banana and GuardianXIII!

1000 Needles - Learn From - Cactuar (Outer & Forgotten Continent)

Angel's Snack - Learn From - Ironite (Burmecian Kingdom), Mistodon (All over the continent - disc 4), Behemoth (Memoria), Epitaph (Oeilvert)

Aqua Breath - Learn from - Axolotl (Qu's marsh near chocobo forest), Sahagin (Qu's Marsh)

Auto Life - Learn From - Stilva (Memoria), Yan (Vile Island), Gimme Cat (Outside Daguerreo), Carrion Worm (Cleyra's Trunk), Cerberus (Ipsen's Castle)

Bad Breath - Learn From - Malboro (Pandemonium, In the continent north of black mage village (Cazedil Plains)- disc 4), Worm Hydra (Mount Gulug, northwest of chocobo's lagoon, Forest Outside Daguerreo, in Uaho Island near Chocobo's Paradise ), Anemone (Qu's Marsh on the Forgotten Continent)

Doom - Learn From - Ash (Memoria), Veteran (Ipsen's castle,Memoria)

Earth Shake - Learn from - Earth Guardian (Earth Shrine), Shell Dragon (Pandemonium), Adamantoise (Dark plains outside Qu's Marsh Lanar Island southwest continent near chocobo's lagoon, Uaho Island near Chocobo's Paradise)

Frog Drop - Learn From - Gigan Toad (Qu's Marsh near chocobo forest)

Frost - Learn From - Chimera (Memoria), Kraken (Memoria), Wraith (Mount Gulug)

Goblin Punch - Learn From - Goblin (Mist Continent), Goblin Mage (Outer Continent)

Limit Glove - Learn From - Mandragora (Patch of forest to the west of south gate), Axe Break (Outside Lindblum), Jabberwock (Forgotten Continent), Blazer Beattle (Shores outside Madain Sari), Mu (Outside Village of Dali)

Level 3 Def-Less - Learn From - Lamia (Gizamaluke's Grotto), Grand Dragon (Outside Daguerreo), Ochu (Madain Sari Mountain Path), Lizard Man (Near Cleyra), Sand Scorpion (Pinnacle Rocks), Carve Spider (Near Dali, Outside Treno, Outside Linblum)

Level 4 Holy - Learn From - Feather Circle (Fossil Roo, East of lost continent (icy continent)), Torama (Desert Palace)

Level 5 Death - Learn From - Draco Zombie (Lifa Tree), Lich (Memoria), Whale Zombie (Shore outside Esto Gaza), Stropper (Lifa Tree)

Magic Hammer - Learn From - Magic Vice (Burmecian Kingdom), Ring Commander (Terra)

Matra Magic - Learn From - Zaghnol (Pinnacle Rocks, Outer Continent), Armstrong (Forgotten Continent, Outside Ipsen's Castle), Trick Sparrow (Outside Treno), Ogre (Oeilvert, Desert Palace), Dragon Fly (Cleyra)

Mighty Guard - Learn From - Myconid (Forest Maze, Lifa Tree), Serpion (Outside Linblum Dragon's gate forest/shore), Ant Lion (Outside Desert Palace, Cleyra), Gigan Octopus (In the shores near Esto Gaza), Gargoyle (Ipsen's Castle)

Mustard Bomb - Learn From - Bomb (Forest outside Linblum), Grenade (Mount Gulug), Red Vepal (Esto Gaza, Mount Gulug)

Night - From - Grim Lock (Desert Palace), Nymph (Shoreline path west of Cleyra), Seeker Bat (Fossil Roo), Abomination (Fossil Roo)

Pumpkin Head - Learn From - Hedgehog Pie (Outside Linblum Dragon's Gate), Lady Bug (Outside Gizamaluke's Grotto), Basilisk (Burmecian Kingdom), Skeleton (Gizamaluke's Grotto), Yeti (Outside Burmecian Kingdom), Python (Mist Continent), Bandersnatch (Near Alexandria)

Roulette - Learn From - Zombie (Lifa Tree), Hectoeyes (Terra, Forgotten Continent, Black mage village forest, Disc 4), Ghost (Outside Treno, Outside Village of Dali)

Twister - Learn From - Abadon (Pandemonium), Red Dragon (Mount Gulug), Tiamat (Memoria)

Vanish - Learn From - Vice (Outside Gizamaluke's Grotto), Hornet (Gizamaluke's Grotto), Drakan (Desert Palace), Troll (All over the continent - disc 4 or area near Lifa Tree (Pualei Plains))

White Wind - Learn From - Zuu (Cleyra's Trunk), Griffin (Fossil Roo, Forest outside Black mage village, outer continent), Garuda (Esto Gaza, Forest from alternate exit of Gizamaluke's Grotto), Zemzelett (Forest Maze)

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/Burmecia.jpg

Burmecia:

First thing you need to do is look for the overturned cart it should have a Stellazzio coin. Stellazzio coins are a side quest item. You collect them then give them to some bird lady and she’ll give you shit.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino010.jpg

[Cancer]
Cancer headed to the cape where Virgo waited. The sun was setting into the ocean. Will he finally see her? – CANCER

ALRIGHT Now just keep heading north and you’ll run into the two idiots again. They’ll be like “OH HELLS NO” and you’ll be like “Bitch… bring it.” And you’ll be fighting some Type A black mages. You can silence them if you want but if you’ve been doing as much running around as I have the battle shouldn’t be too hard. Then proceed to the house up the stairs.

You’ll see a boxes, it will have [Soft]. Exit at the balcony. DO NOT OPEN THE CHEST THERE. It’s a mimic so unless you wanna fight one then don’t try opening it you loot whore. There is a door you can’t open so just go to the third floor of the house you first entered. Walk VERY SLOWLY across the path. If you don’t then the walkway will fall. The chest has [Germinas Boots] then you need to make it fall but get the boots first! Exit back down where you came in back to the streets.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough025.jpg

Go to the left side house this time. Avoid the box you see at the top it’s just a mimic again. At the bottom of the stairs is a[Soft] and a [Potion]. When you enter the room with balcony, go to the balcony and you’ll go to the room that’s next over. Talk to the wounded solider, he’ll be like “Yo they tried to steal my shit and I was like ‘Don’t tase me bro’ and then did it anyway. I left my bell thing under the bed!” and he did. Go steal it. Also get the [Elixir] in the dark scary corner. Go BACK to the locked door with the big bell you saw before you had to creep along sacrificing your life (or boots) if you failed. Yeah go back to that door with the big bell.

After a blah blah scene, you’ll be at a house that’s all torn up. Enter the ground-floor doorway. You’ll have a scene where you’re like a superman hero. This will allow an ATE scene later in the game to happen. If you miss it, no baby rats! Go back out side and up the stairs and cross the balcony. There will be a [Phoenix Down] and a [Tent]. The chest at the dead end is another mimic. So unless you wanna fight it, avoid it.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/Mythrilspear.jpg

In the plaza, go to the armory which is on the left side of the screen. Lekana/Freya will find the weapon, the [Mythril Spear]. Now the other door in the plaza leads to a save moogle. Open the chest in the back, it’s a [Lightning Staff]. It should allow Thunder (hehe) to use Thundara. At this time the loveable STILTZKIN will come in. http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/stiltzkinwalkingsprite.gif Give your letter to Atla, you'll get a letter to Monev. Then buy what you need from her moogle shop. Make sure you have a [Needle Fork], (if you don’t already have one) and as many of anything else you need of course. If you talk to Stiltzkin, you can buy from him for 333 Gil, [Soft], [Hi-Potion], and [Ether]. If you don’t help poor stiltzky out he can’t travel and that’s just a jerk move. If you did the cotton robe trick you should have more than enough to help the poor guy out.
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/stiltzkinweather2.gif

If you take the time to go back to Moguta in Gizamaluke’s Grotto he’ll exchange the Kupo nut for a random item. If you don’t do this now you’ll miss out on the next kupo nut. You get one every time you deliver a letter but you can only carry one so go back if you want. It might also level you up, get your abilities, and or get Quina’s blue magic!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/kuponut.jpg

Just go up the way and you’ll have a scene with that half naked guy and the best chick ever, Beatrix. WHO YOU HAVE TO FIGHT! *flashy transition*

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/Beatrix.jpg

Boss Name: Beatrix
HP: 3600
Steal: Phoenix Down, Chain Plate, Mythril Sword

You can’t win. Just, don’t get your hopes up, you can’t. Just heal yourself up like crazy. She can be affected by slow so cast that and just wack away. Freya-Lek now has Reis’s Wind, which is a Heal over time or as us MMO’s call it, a HOT. Cast that and it’ll help your healing. Try to steal everything. The Mythril Sword might be hard to get but it should help a lot in the next disc. Eventually you’ll come upon the end and she’ll kick your ass.

Pretty FMV with Kuja! Cause he's a girl-boy. A Giroy.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/kuja01.jpg

and

[B]DISC 1 END!

I'll try to get everything in order in the first post.

Rantz
09-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't bother trying to steal the Mythril Sword unless you're doing a perfect game that involves getting all boss steals or getting all equipment at the first opportunity. The item is a very rare steal - a 1/128 chance of getting it with each steal, I think, and you can buy the sword in Treno which is just around the corner.

Laddy
09-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Name Amarant Laddy. "I am the Flaming Laddy."

Marshall Banana
09-11-2010, 04:00 AM
Daines-horse Basin
(Gizamaluke's Grotto, North Gate, Burmecia)
Lizard Man:Tent, OreSkeleton:Ether, Hi-Potion, OreYeti:Hi-Potion, Ore, Eye Drops

Burmecia
Basilisk:Hi-Potion, SoftType A Black Mage:Tent, Phoenix DownMagic Vice:Ether, Echo ScreenMimic:Antidote, Hi-PotionIronite:Soft, Hi-Potion

Freya
09-11-2010, 08:25 PM
South Gate:

After your cross country train ride you’ll eventually reach The mountain side station. There will be hardly anyone there (must have seen your ugly face ZING! http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdinogif.gif) Talk to Nazna and give them their letter! In which they’ll hand over a [Kupo Nut if you went back to gizamaluke, and get the letter to Mochos from Nazna. There is a chest near the attendant’s booth, pop that sucker open and loot a [Phoenix Down]. Buy what you can, a Barbut for Steiner if you haven’t already and a mythril Rod for the lady.

GUESS WHAT YOU CAN DO AGAIN! :D Cotton robe trick! This time you can buy the [Steepled hat]s here and you’ll be able to visit Dali once more for the [Wrist]s. Then one you get to Treno you can synth them :D Yay for awesome money tricks!!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough026.jpg

Alright, now talk to the attendant guy in the waiting area to get the car to depart from Lindblum. Exit the waiting area and re-enter and you’ll find some “old friends” ;) Talk to a member of Tantalus and then yell at Steiner for being an ass hat. Go board the Alexandria-bound cable car and Marcus will come along rambling about “supersoft” which can cure blank of his statue-like state. The car will stall and he’ll join your party.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/blackwaltz3.jpg

Boss: Black Waltz #3
Hp: 1200
Steal: Steepled Hat, Lightning Staff, Flame staff

You can’t really lose this fight. Even though he’s gone crazy he still wont hurt Dagger/Chansey. If for some reason everyone does die and leaves her, he’ll just hit himself. He’ll have all his tricks form before but this time he’ll have “freeze” if you’re hit with this then hit with an attack you’ll be instantly KO’d. Had you equipped Dagger/Chansey with stuff at the Summit you should have Life/shell spells so it’ll make the fight much easier. Use Marcus to steal stuff and huzzah! Should be done in no time.

After the fight is over Marcus will join your group for a while. For now you can equip him with stuff but we’ll have to take it all off (;)) eventually lest you lose your stuff forever!

After you get to Alexandria you can visit the Store there if you need. Head down the forked path. The right way leads to Treno and the left to Dali.

Go to Dali if you want a Stellazzio coin and that box that eluded you cause of the fat old Oglop lady. You’ll also be able to buy a bunch of [Wrists] for the cotton robe trick. You can get the Stellazzio coin [Ares] near the windmills crankshaft. If you didn't get it when you were there the first time.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough027.jpg

To the right is Treno, a scary looking bridge will be there for you to cross. There is a chest on an offshoot that has [1610 gil]. The gate keeper will let you through and you justw ell head toward Treno… UNLESSSSS…………………….

You wanna visit Quan’s Dwelling for additional stuff. Plus there should be a friendly monster about in this area, a “ghost” . ALSO we’re on disc two now, this means you can get the ragtime mouse 6 more times for this disc.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/ghost.jpg

At Quan’s Dwelling there is a chest that has an [Ether] then lower Dagger/chansey to the hot springs part via the rope and you can find [Scorpio] on the southern rim and another [Ether]. Also the hot springs can replenish your HP/MP. In the Kitchen area you can find ANOTHER [Ether] at the top of the ladder where the cupboard is. You can notice some foam at the bottom of the cliff and this will be something important later on. Back to Treno!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough028.jpg

FFIX Choco Boy
09-11-2010, 09:29 PM
[CENTER]http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino010.jpg

lawl...

Logie
09-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Great walkthrough so far, Freya! :D I hope you'll continue to update it. Plot Dino ftw. :love:

Jiro
09-13-2010, 09:31 AM
I've never been so happy to be called a whore in my life! :jess:

Shotgunnova
09-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Hah, it's always fun to read the "Received Cancer" message.

G13
11-06-2010, 11:23 AM
RIOT! :mad2:

sephireland
04-16-2011, 03:59 PM
We miss you Freya, come back soon :)

Freya
04-16-2011, 08:53 PM
I plan on trying this again in a few weeks. I have a few jobs now so I don't have very much free time and when i do have free time, I'm so pooped from working all the time that I don't wanna do anything. lol. I do plan on getting back to this soon though.

Jiro
04-17-2011, 02:50 AM
Good news at last!

Freya
08-20-2011, 03:57 AM
I've been bored which means I'm being productive again. Before I had an excuse for not doing this, I had 4 jobs and worked 7 days a week. Now I have 3 and only work 4 days a week. Granted those are full 12 hour days but STILL. Anyway here you guys go, plus I already have the next few posts sorta out and everything I'll just space them out so it's not so wall-o-texty.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/Treno.jpg

Treno:

Everyone leaves Steiner/Irontoe cause well come on, it’s Steiner/Irontoe, so that’s who you’ll be in charge of. Now some ATE’s will play and if you follow this exactly then you’ll be able to get the [Power Belt]

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif Watch ‘Treno Tradition’ ATE in the first screen.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif Watch ‘Pursuit’ ATE then go west where Dagger/Chansey went. DO NOT do an ATE at the next screen.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif As Iron toe, enter the synthesis shop’s hallway (first door on the left) and talk to the four-armed man.

You’ll get money stolen from you no matter what so don’t’ fret. You can do your cotton robe trick here if you want more moneys. Also synth the Cachusha so Dagger can learn Life and a Gold Choker for the fight club.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/stellazziocoins.gif

As Irontoe, you want to find the two Stellazzio coins that are here. You’ll be able to turn them in here as well! How awesome is that? You should have 5 by the end of this area if you spent the time to find them. At the first screen here you came in, if you throw gil in the fountain 13 times you’ll get [Gemini]. Go to the slum, the way Marcus went, and look behind the Item shop stall, you’ll find [Taurus] there.

If you go to Queen Stella’s You can turn in all your Stellazzio coins you’ve collected so far. You’ll get in order: [1000 gil], [Phoenix Pinion], [2000 gil], [Blood Sword], and [5000 gil]. If you don’t have that many then go get you some at Dali and Quan’s Dwelling!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/Trenoitems.gif

There’s a [Yeti card] and [1 gil] in a chest nearby. In the west, by the locked tower, a [Mythril Dagger] sits all alone like. Near Queen Stella’s you can find an [Ether] and near the Auction house you can find [2225 gil].

Now it’s time to shop! Whoopie! Go to the synth shop, which is the first shop on the left side before Queen Stella’s house if you didn't get the power belt. Do your Cotton robe trick! I highly advise that you buy the Mythril Sword for Steiner/Irontoe. You can only learn “Armor Break” from it even though you have the Blood sword from the Stellazzio coins. You could check the Treno Auction house if you like. There are some items you can’t get by Synthing. You can talk to the moogle Mogrich in front of the armory but you’ll have to catch him! He wont have anything for you to deliver but he does have a letter to read.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/walkthrough031.jpg

Knight House Fight Club: First rule of fight club, you don’t talk about blah blah. In the Armory you can talk to the old lady for the option of fighting the monster below (Griffin). Equip Steiner with the Blood sword (Drains HP), a Gold Choker (halves wind damage, and Bird Killer ability. The monster uses wind attacks so the choker should help against that. Bird killer will of course help kill him. If you win you’ll get [Tonberry Card]

Treno Auction House:

You don’t NEED the AH but you can get some cool rare stuff early on plus some of the items you can sell off to nobles around Treno.

There should be:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif Mini-cid
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif Une’s Mirror
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif Griffin’s Heart
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif Fairy Earrings
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif Reflect ring
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif Doga’s Artifact
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif Pearl Rogue
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif Magicians Robe
And
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdinogif.gif Madain’s ring.

You have to bid on them of course but as I said you can sell some of them for a profit. There will be more items up for auction in later discs. You can also re-buy the items you sell after you sell them to the people around town, just go back to the auction house.

Une’s mirror will go to a ‘Nobleman’ by the synth shop’s exterior for a max of 15,000g

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/walkthrough0030.jpg

Griffin’s Heart can be sold to the ‘Adventurer by the synth shop’s exterior for 10,000g

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/plotdino011.jpg

Once all that fun stuff is done you can go to the AH to find Chansey/dagger and the Inn to find Marcus. The art direction in this game is awesome. You’ll then take a boat and a friend of Dagger’s will be all “hey homegirl! You guys wanna party with me?” And you’ll have to go to the tower where you found the lone box. Finish up anything you need to before you go talk to him. Talk to the doc and he’ll tell you about Gargan Roo! Also a flash back. Enter the sewer grate and you’ll be on your way!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF IX/walkthrough032.jpg

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Kuja's theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2spjqRmQGRA)? Well I do. I love it. the FF's always have great music.

CimminyCricket
08-20-2011, 09:22 AM
I like that the dinosaur gets to be included.

demondude
08-20-2011, 03:16 PM
:)

Depression Moon
08-20-2011, 05:14 PM
4 jobs and seven days a week? Damn, and I thought my mother worked hard back when I was a child. You must be a mother working all those jobs because I don't see why anyone else would need to work so much. I enjoy reading your playthrough. Keep on keeping on.

Freya
08-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Heh nah, I just have immense debt due to medical bills o.o MORE PLOT DINO TO COME! This one is just picture heavy. I didn't want the last part to go any longer nor the next part. So it's short and picturey!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/GarganRoo.jpg

Gargan Roo:

First off, talk to Mochos the Moogle. You have a letter for him from Nazna. He wont have one for you but you can save. If you haven’t been running around much you’ll really want to do so. Got to the left first and you’ll find two boxes.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/garganrooitems.gif

One is [Chain Plate] and the other is a [Pheonix Down]. After you grab those, pull the lever and head back to the room with the moogle. If you haven’t leveled up much, run around back and forth and you’ll start random battles to level with. These guys give decent AP and XP and gil! So just grind a bit and you'll be back in tip top form.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough034.jpg

Make sure everyone is equipped and ready for a fight. Make sure you have the antibody ability on, you’ll need it. If you don’t have it quite learnededed yet, feel free to grind for AP. Go to the Right and pull the lever. Follow Doctor Tot and a Gargant will appear. These guys will be prevalent later in the game too! You’ll all hop on for a ride and… BADDIE!

Boss: Ralvurahva
Hp: 2500
Steal: Bone Wrist, Mythril Fork

You can use this nifty Tent trick if you’d like, it might make it easier, PLOT DINO TAKE IT AWAY!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/plotdino012.jpg

If you purchased the Madain Ring at the AH in Treno, and have this equipped on Dagger/Chanser, you’ll absorb his most powerful attack, Blizzara. She also has Panacea so she can cure anyone who doesn’t have antibody and gets poisoned. Steiner’s blood sword will pretty much do a heck of a job if you got it. The items are kinda hard to steal but they are actual good items so that might be why. Eventually he’ll run off and leave you without any fun loot. Lame.

Once you defeat him you’ll appear at the bottom of Alexandria castle. And those assholes trap you, cause they are ass holes.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/walkthrough035.jpg

G13
08-21-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm going to start tallying how often you mention your jobs.

Freya
08-21-2011, 06:36 PM
I'ma tally how many times... YEAH! YER MOM!

Shotgunnova
08-22-2011, 10:35 AM
You'd think someone with military expertise like Steiner would be able to avoid walking right into an obvious trap.

Rantz
08-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Military... expertise, yeah :D

Jiro
08-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Zorn and Thorn, evil masterminds!

Depression Moon
08-22-2011, 09:26 PM
You'd think someone with military expertise like Steiner would be able to avoid walking right into an obvious trap.

Well you know. He never dreamed of the Queen setting him up.

Freya
08-23-2011, 06:20 AM
I never understood how he got to be captain of the guard, i mean the intro shows he was pretty inept at it .these are powerful countries we're talking about! How is such a crappy captain xD

G13
08-24-2011, 06:14 AM
The other Knights of Pluto aren't much to look at either. You are what you eat, or in this case, what you are the captain of.

Quindiana Jones
12-22-2011, 02:14 AM
MOAR. Quit your job, live on benefits, just give me MOAR.

Freya
12-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Yah I can't quinny benny. My comp crashed and I lost everything. I might end up having to manually take pictures with a camera and catch up with myself :(

G13
12-24-2011, 02:32 PM
R.I.P. Plot Dino.

Tigmafuzz
01-03-2012, 11:17 AM
So... that's it? D:

Freya
02-15-2012, 04:49 AM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/PIERRE-1.jpg

I may or may not be catching back up to restart this :shifty:

Tigmafuzz
02-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please

Jiro
02-15-2012, 07:55 AM
You would be closer to catching up if you didn't go to the effort of capturing that one scene with Cinna

Tigmafuzz
02-15-2012, 09:35 AM
I like the part where time was wasted.

Quindiana Jones
02-15-2012, 10:55 AM
FUCK. YES. AMERICA. YES.

Freya
02-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh man did it take me forever to get this thing all reloaded and whatnot. I spent 3 hours fiddling with settings and WHATNOT. JUST so I can get you guys screenshots. You better love me. YOU BETTER.

Jessweeee♪
02-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Yay!

Jiro
02-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Since when have I not loved you? Women, huh. ​Women.

Depression Moon
02-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Good to see you back on this.

Tigmafuzz
02-16-2012, 05:34 AM
Damn right we better! Plot Dino :love:

Rantz
02-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Yaaaay! Do it!

Freya
02-16-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm following my own walkthrough to catch up so it's all the same as it was before. I have to say, I am awesome :cool: I don't know how I got the ragtime mouse that easily 4 times in a row the first time cause ugh i've only got him twice now. But really, my walkthrough is awesome and actually helps xD

Also also, I'm hilarious. Why have you lot never noticed?

You tell him your ticket was a fake and he asks if you want to be his slave. I dunno if this is some weird sex term or if he generally wants you as an indentured servant. I like to think it’s a sex slave which opens up a whole smurfed up outlook on this game.

You’ll almost fall to your death but oh well, that’s not important what’s important is the random crap you can find on the rooftops!

I'm cracking up rereading the things i've wrote xD Is that sad? Laughing at your own stuff?

Those jerks. Dagger shows them her tits and then you’re allowed to go see Cid.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/Whaaaaaaat.jpg

Freya
06-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah I know, I've procrastinated enough. I spent all night catching up with all the extra stuff and what not so here you go!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/IXwalkthrough01.png

Clerya Trunk:

First off,

Blue magic! The spells you can get here on the trunk is White Wind from a Zuu, Mantra Magic from the Dragon Fly, and Auto-life from the Carrion Worm. Otherwise, don't bother eating anything. If you haven't gotten the Chocographs I listed earlier yet, you can go do so now. Now back to the actual walkthrough bit. Head to the west to the Cleyra Trunk. More rats! How often do you get to say that? If you haven't already, equip all your fancy new stuff you bought when you were in Treno earlier.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/CleryaTrunkitems.gif

Go to the main door and climb the stairs. There'll be a lever on the right, pull it. In the next room, on the right side, you'll find a chest with [Pheonix DOwn]. You'll need to head to the next screen where you'll find a chest at the bottom of the screen with [Magician Shoes] in it. Another hard to find chest is at the top and it has [Ice Staff] in it.

Go up the hill and inside. There is a chest that has an [Ether] Grab it! You'll see a hole, the only logical conclusion is to stick your arm into said hole. It's a switch. Lucky you it wasn't home to some vicious arm eating creature. Activate it. Return to the previous area and climb the vine next to where the sand is coming out. Continue through on the left side to the next area. There is a chest in this one that contains [Needle Fork]. Up the hill you'll find a [Tent].

You'll run into a moogle. You have a letter for him! Now for the first time since you've met the moogles, you wont have any mognet mail! Go left at the fork and you can get a [Flame Staff]. Now if you go across the bridge you'll get to a new area. This one has a lot of stuff. IT's cavey! In the middle there is a chest with [Desert Boots] inside. On the right there is a chest with [Remedy]. Take the path going up, it leads to the back where there's a secret path at the edge that'll take you to a chest containing [Mythril Gloves]. Also to a large crank Device. Pull the lever and go back to the big room!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/sandgolem.png

Try to get your characters to at least level 15 here and make sure to eat the three monsters you can but mostly, a Zuu. You will want White Wind, it's handy! If you run into any sand golems with this running around, just hit them with a blizzara on their core. They'll die really easily. Otherwise they counter a lot.

Just left of that secret path there is a hidden chest with [Mythril Vest] in it. Take the left path and go up to the next screen! The box in front of you has a [Potion A right at the fork will lead you to an [Elixir]. The next zone has whirlpools. If you get close you'll get sucked in and have to mash the x button. Slow and steady wins the race. You don't NEED these boxes right now because later, the pools will be still and you can get them then. But one contains [900 Gil] and the other has a [Hi-Potion] in it. You'll have to fall in and hope you jump out the right direction to get out of these things. Once you do there is a chest by the ladder. It has some [Gysahl Greens] and that's the last bit before you climb up to the actual town of Cleyra!

Jinx
06-15-2012, 10:35 PM
I fucking hate sand golems.

Freya
06-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Clerya!

When you get there, Freya will greet the other rats and you'll be offered a tour. You can take it but you might have more fun running around on your own. You can do whatever you feel like. Up the steps and to the right you'll find a [Pheonix Pinion]. Continue up and take a right at the fork toward the front of a house. On your right, among some flowers, you'll find some [Ore]. If you continue up the stairs you'll find Dan. You met him in Burmecia. He'll sell you some new equipment so you might want to upgrade. Go into the Inn and on the back left corner is an [Echo Screen]. On the lower right you'll find [1250 Gil]. Go up stairs and you can find an [Ether] in the cabinet. Talk to the moogle and there is a letter from Ruby to Zidane/Pierre.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/Cleryaitems.gif

Go back outside and on the right side of the inn you'll find [Remedy]. Continue up to the next zone. At the fork go up again and you'll find the churchy thing. I think of these rats as like cultist. Don't progress the game though. In front of the place though there is an [Echo Screen and inside it on the left is a [Yellow Scarf]. [Gysahl greens][i] can be found as you're leaving the area to the left. Go down the path and you'll run into a girl who'll sell you items. to the right of here there will be a [i][Phoenix Pinion] Take the left path to the area with the water well. On the right you'll find [Thunder Gloves]. Now you've done pretty much all you can right now!

You can just go from area to area if you want to watch all the ATEs. To progress the story, go to the Church thing and talk to the people inside. Then return to the inn. There's a scene and you have to return to the entrance of the town 'cause of a possible murder! You'll see it's your(Vivi's) Mastah from the beginning of the game, Puck! Then.... it's.... BOSS TIME

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/antlion.png

Boss Name: Antlion
HP: 4000
Steal: Annoyntment, Mythril Vest, Gold Helm

This fight isn't terribly hard. He has four attacks. Fira, Sandstorm, trouble mucus and Counter Horn. Sandstorm likes to bring your health to a critical Yellow so be careful of that. To battle it, make sure to use Quina's White wind or Freya's Reis Wind. This fight is pretty easy. It takes around 4 blizzara's but You will want that Gold Helm. You can't get it for a while normally so it really helps. Problem is, it is a hard steal. If you have spells such as sleep then it makes it really easy. You may want to use the tent trick but if you just keep using White Wind when you get down, you should be fine. The battle isn't a hard one.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/IXwalkthrough03.png

You'll have a dancy scene! Yay dancing! And then things start to go wrong. Bad omens omg!

Alexandria

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/IXwalkthrough04.png

We'll be back to Irontoe and Marcus who have gotten themselves trapped in a cage. Opps! They'll chat a bit about that fat cow of a queen and then it'll take you to Dagger. Zorn and Thorn are being assholes and demand she goes to her momma. Queen Fattie comes in and tells you some bull story and you can choose to believe her or not. Kuja comes in and puts you to sleep with roofies while her mom stands and watches. This game is really creepy when you think about it.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/IXwalkthrough05.png

Then they have her passed out on a slap, possibly going to gangrape her, when they start performing voodoo magics. They're taking your eidolons!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/FF%20IX/IXwalkthrough06.png

Jinx
06-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Bullshit. Antlion is fucking brutal!

Freya
06-18-2012, 01:30 AM
I have never had trouble with the antlion. You must be bad at this game. It's okay, follow my walktrhough and you too can be a badass!

Tigmafuzz
06-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Plot Dino is back again ^o^

Jiro
06-22-2012, 08:49 AM
I almost didn't notice! Welcome back Plot Dino, let's all become badasses at Final Fantasy IX!

Rantz
06-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Hoyeah!

Antlion is pretty annoying when you're trying to steal his shit, but I don't find him very tough to beat.

Depression Moon
06-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah IX just isn't hard in general. Good to see you back on this Freya.

Freya
06-22-2012, 09:04 PM
I usually accidentally kill him before I can steal anything. Which is what happened in the walkthrough :( I'm pacing myself better this time so I don't get burnt out on posting these. heh

Freya
07-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Clerya

Check behind the harp for a random Eidolon drop. Once you have control of Freya, go to the Inn. You'll run into Stiltzkin. He'll have [Hi-Potion], [Ether], and [Phoenix Pinion] for 444 Gil. Save your game and you'll have some mail waiting for you. Start down the trunk and you'll run into Alexandrian Soilders. They aren't hard. Make sure to equip all those fancy new things you bought. If you didn't get the chests from the whirlpools already you have a chance to so so right now. Keep heading to the truck of Clerya. You'll eventually trigger a scene and have to head back to where the Antlion was. The moogle there will need you to deliver something for him. Save and it's time to pick directions! People who say that this game is kiddie hasn't played it because the black mages are just murdering people all over the place! Kiddy my butt!

You'll have a couple of Black Mages and Guards to fight but after this you'll have to make some decisions. If you do this correctly
you can save everyone and get STUFF! First off, go right. When you meet with Dan's Family have them go left. Kill more guys and on the next screen tell them to cross the bridge to the right. Say that it's not safe yet and watch a scene. I wont spoil it for you! Talk to all the people you saved and you can get [Remedy], [Phoenix Down],Elixir], [Nymph Card], [Zuu Card], [Ether] and a [Phoenix Pinion]. Speak to Mopli the moogle and use a tent and save your game. BOSS TIME when you go outside

36411Boss Name: Beatrix
HP: N/A
Steal: Phoenix Down, Thunder Gloves, Ice Brand
This is a timed one like the one you fought before. It's very similar. She has Ice Brand you might want but don't fret when you don't get it. Just stay alive and you'll finish this battle. Equip anything that is resistant to Thunder attacks and it'll be easier. Just survive!

Then they just leave poor Quina and don't even fret about it :( Jerks. Only one who says anything is Vivi.

The Red Rose

Not much to do here but some important plot points and cutscenes so pay attention! Climb the stairs and go west down the walk way. Watch the scene. It seems Beatrix has a heart you didn't know about! Oh she's so lovely *swoons*. Go back to where you were listening in to find the moogle, Serino. You have a letter for him! He'll give you a letter for Moodon. Find Vivi and agree to his plan.

Jinx
07-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Quina should be left behind. It's the worst.

Jiro
07-09-2012, 03:00 PM
I always feel super bad if I don't protect all the Cleyrans :(

Tigmafuzz
07-09-2012, 03:54 PM
I think I'm going to call it "Clerya" now in a redneck accent. Sounds so much better than "Cleyra." And much less snobby.

Depression Moon
07-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Well of course you don't want anyone to die. Sometimes I'm tempted to restart it, but that'll take too long. It's easy to figure out which are the correct paths though. I think it's anything you can't see on screen?

Jinx
07-09-2012, 08:16 PM
I always feel super bad if I don't protect all the Cleyrans :(

Me too. Last time I played, I got it right, and I didn't look at a walkthrough or anything! I felt like a hero.