PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Cinna and others

Freya
05-04-2010, 09:10 AM
About the secondary characters. I hate Cinna, if you've read my walk through at all you'll know that xD He dies too easily and he is just an annoying pedo.

Zorn and Thorn I also dislike. I never really found them amusing just annoying.

Anyone have some dislike for some of the secondary characters?

G13
05-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Those Alexandrian guard bitches. They think they're sooo much better than the Knights of Pluto. :mad2:

Mo-Nercy
05-04-2010, 11:08 AM
I wasn't particularly fond of Cinna either. He always came across as the weakest link compared to Marcus and Blank.

Clo
05-04-2010, 02:59 PM
I don't understand why they made Cinna look like such a dang freak. And you just want to end his name with "mon" when you say it.

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2010, 03:04 PM
My opinion from the stuff in-game tells me that Cinna is the thinker. Marcus and Blank are the hero types who dive into the action, whereas Cinna is the one who plans all the stuff out.

Clo
05-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah, but he sometimes seemed dopey. Like, sometimes his thinking worked, and sometimes it produced less than desirable stuff.

I really liked Mikoto (was it Mikoto? You'd think I would know, I just beat the game again). I thought she was a very interesting character, and I wish there had been more time to delve into her "sister" status with Zidane, or even what she was going to do on Gaia. I dunno! She was really cool to me.

Vermachtnis
05-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I didn't like Cinna's eyes. They were freaky.

Imperfectionist
05-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I was never a fan of Cinna. He looked like he'd be greasy if you touched him.

Doctor Tot was pimpin' though.

Depression Moon
05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
He had eyes?

Also I agree on wanting to add mon to his name. The top of his head also looks like the shaker of a cinnamon bottle.

Vermachtnis
05-04-2010, 06:09 PM
He had eyes?

Also I agree on wanting to add mon to his name. The top of his head also looks like the shaker of a cinnamon bottle.

Good point. Well, what ever those yellow dots were, they freaked me out.

Clo
05-04-2010, 07:14 PM
The disproportion of some of the races (Dr. Tot's freaky nose, the HIPPO PEOPLE) made me wonder if there's any interspecies lovin' going on in FFIX-land, because it would just not be easy for the people doing it. Or are the races completely segregated?

"I can't date him. He's Alexandran. He's a hippo."

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Tot's nose. Quina's tongue. Zidane's tail. This whole game is clearly about pleasing the ladies.

Freya
05-04-2010, 09:07 PM
The disproportion of some of the races (Dr. Tot's freaky nose, the HIPPO PEOPLE) made me wonder if there's any interspecies lovin' going on in FFIX-land, because it would just not be easy for the people doing it. Or are the races completely segregated?

"I can't date him. He's Alexandran. He's a hippo."

IX is the most racially diverse FF. There are only two main characters that are human :D! Amarant and Steiner. There are also only two blue people ever shown, Queen Brahne and Armarant. THE MORE YOU KNOW.

You don't see any half somethings around so they probably can't reproduce or it's highly looked down on.

Depression Moon
05-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Amarant is human? I thought he's the same thing as Mystique.

Clo
05-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Racially diverse, but still segregated. They don't HAVE to reproduce... and anyway, it would have been pretty obvious that Garnet was adopted to the entire kingdom if it's true that they can't reproduce with other species. Blue hippo should not = pretty white girl.

:upsidedow

Rantz
05-05-2010, 01:41 AM
Grandma Potpourri :nonono:

Breine
05-07-2010, 07:19 PM
I like Cinna. Come to think of it, I don't think there's really a secondary character I don't like..? Maybe I'm just forgetting, though.

Hot Shot
05-07-2010, 07:23 PM
I didn't like the Cleyrans and Burmecians (especially the kids, they were stupid and annoying). I actually liked Cinna and the whole of Tantalus, they were freakin' awesome!

black orb
05-24-2010, 02:15 AM
>>> I like the FF9 secondary characters, the most gruesome is Queen Brahne. and Cinna is my fav from Tantalus..:luca:

Vivisteiner
05-24-2010, 03:01 PM
I love pretty much all the secondary characters. And I really don't get the Cinna hate - he's entertaining, funny and generally a nice guy. Sure, he sucks in battle but it's not like that matters anyway.

I also love Zorn and Thorn. They're cool:

"Bastards we may be but clever are we!"

Jiro
05-27-2010, 03:14 PM
I found that some of Zorn and Thorn's dialogue grated on me last time, but that may be purely because I've read it half a million times before :p

I didn't hate any secondary characters really, I thought there was quite a bit of room for development though. Baku's deal with kicking Zidane out and their father-son relationship could've been explored deeper etc etc.