PDA

View Full Version : Kids are stupid. Point and laugh at them.

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Clunk (http://www.etni.org.il/farside/analogies.htm). I love how often Russell BELLEND Beland appears. xD

Discuss other stupid things children do. I want to hear at least a dozen stories from you, Shlup. :D

Cuchulainn
05-04-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't know why this thread title make me chuckle so much...but it did.

Imperfectionist
05-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Russel Beland's first one is genius :D

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2010, 09:16 PM
I might just change this into a Russell Beland appreciation thread.

Freya
05-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah the bowling ball one is great.

Peegee
05-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Kids do not understand the word 'give' versus 'lend' or 'borrow'. And it doesn't help when I, an ESL kid, know the word give to mean give...

pedant mode:

In pedantic tone: Dictionary dot calm defines 'give' as "to present voluntarily and without expecting compensation; bestow: to give a birthday present to someone."

In grade 1 I noticed a person had a nice toy. It was probably a Gundam or 'Robotech' (Robotech is not a real franchaise WTF), because it was a robot that turns into an airplane. Maybe it was Macross. Either way, I liked it a lot and the kid asked me if I wanted to have it [meaning he wanted to lend it to me for a bit]. Well he said he wanted me to have it so I took it home. Oops.

Anyway when I failed to return it the following day there was a dispute which reached up to teacher. Eventually I gave it back and I forget the rest of the story because that kid fails english :mad2::mad2:

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2010, 09:25 PM
I once borrowed Toy Story from my friend. Then we moved house.

...about 3 months after.

Jessweeee♪
05-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Ahahaha those lists never get old.

I remember this one time in fourth grade I got this weird toy as a prize for this fundraiser thing. It was like a sack thing filled with a bunch of balls (I know how that sounds and it's tempting to just run with it for the rest of this post xD) so you could make it into all of these weird shapes. It was a lot of fun to play with! This kid asked if he could play with it and I was like "yeah sure :</>D!" Then the girl who was my best friend at the time was pissed because she wasn't the first person to play with it. She never expressed any desire to do so! She made hissing noises and clawed at the poor little boy that had the toy so I yelled at her and then she hissed at me and said I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND ANYMOOOOORE!

:(

oddler
05-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Come on, some of those are just downright fantastic. I'd be proud that these children can use humor to summarize the point they're trying to get across while using correct spelling and grammar. Obviously, all of those aren't groundbreaking...

He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree. :greenie:

NorthernChaosGod
05-05-2010, 01:27 AM
McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty Bag filled with vegetable soup.

Pure brilliance. :monster:

Bunny
05-05-2010, 02:19 AM
This thread is awesome like something equally as awesome as this thread.

Rye
05-05-2010, 02:19 AM
Hahaha, I love those.

My cousin says some great stuff, though it's all really precocious and not so much stupid.

We were eating in Applebees and by our booth was a mural of photos of a nearby high school, photos of students and the books and transportation and such of the school.

Samantha: Jess, why is there a bus on the wall?
Me: Oh, it's because this wall is full of pictures of school and school kids who ride the bus, just like you do now.
Samantha: NO! I ride the SHORT bus. That's a COLLEGE kid bus. Jess, when I graduate High School, I'm going to college too. That's 100th grade, right?

Bunny
05-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Samantha: NO! I ride the SHORT bus. That's a COLLEGE kid bus. Jess, when I graduate High School, I'm going to college too. That's 100th grade, right?

wait what