PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Flash Tournament Week 3 - Robot Unicorn Attack

Madame Adequate
05-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Hello friends and fellow computronular gaming aficiandos! I, I'm my own MILF, have decided to run a little event. Each week I will choose an online flash game, and anyone who wishes can enter a little competition to see who can get the best scores, times, or what have you. Or if you just want to play some fun little time killers, I hope you have fun :)

-------

Robot Unicorn Attack (http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-twitchy-online-game.html)

Robot Unicorn Attack is the greatest game ever made, bar none. You are the eponymous (ho HO!) Robot Unicorn and your job is to get as far to the right as you are able to, Hitler-style, before you meet your inevitable doom at the hands of Amurrcuh Soviet Union falling into oblivion or running into something unyielding! Use your sacred Unicorn magical powers of dash attack and double jump to leap pits and crash headlong through stars!

You have three runs, and at the end your scores from these are cumulatively tallied to give your final score.

Also you will be a happier person when you play this game.

Scoring: Nothing outside the regular score.

http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/MILFRUAExample.jpg

-------

THE RULES:
1) If you wish to enter a score, please PM me a screenshot of your entry! If they're strewn about the thread I might miss them. Oh, and mention the game or contest week in the PM title if you'd be so kind. At the end of the week I will see what I've got and I'll draw up a leaderboard. (If you submit, and then get a better score, you can send the new one, but please don't send me loads of iterative improvements - you can talk about what your current best is in the thread!)

2) Have fun and be nice. We all like to feel our gaming p3n0rs grow when we prove our superiority but this event is to have fun, so please share your tips and tricks in these threads!

THE PRIZE:
All your wishes will come true*

* Void except in Nebraska

Rye
05-05-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm actually OK at this game!

My best score is about 35K!

Captain Maxx Power
05-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Don't think I'll be able to post a decent score with this one. It's giving me a migraine. :S

Jings
05-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Game's smurfing harder than it looks.

Mo-Nercy
05-06-2010, 02:20 AM
It gets pretty fast as you go over 15K in a wish. And at that point, you really have to keep your eyes peeled for fairies to guide your landing. That's typically the time when I fail.

There's also one particular rock formation that's giving me grief. It's like a cliff you have to do a mini-jump up onto just before you reach the end of the platform and have to do the big jump. The cliff is always higher than I expect it to be and even if I do time the jump right, I bash into the star just beyond it.

I don't know if that's a good enough description of it. I'll take a shot of it next time it kills me if I can.

Rye
05-06-2010, 02:22 AM
It gets pretty fast as you go over 15K in a wish. And at that point, you really have to keep your eyes peeled for fairies to guide your landing. That's typically the time when I fail.

There's also one particular rock formation that's giving me grief. It's like a cliff you have to do a mini-jump up onto just before you reach the end of the platform and have to do the big jump. The cliff is always higher than I expect it to be and even if I do time the jump right, I bash into the star just beyond it.

I don't know if that's a good enough description of it. I'll take a shot of it next time it kills me if I can.

I know the one you speak of. It always ruins it for me!

Jings
05-06-2010, 03:48 AM
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/MozartsGhost11/UnicornScore.jpg

After a bit of messing around I hit a semi-decent score. Time to give up for now, it's giving me a headache.

Also, there is only so much Erasure one can take.

Raistlin
05-06-2010, 04:30 AM
That's actually a pretty cool game. And yeah, it gets pretty tough when you get close to 15k.

Captain Maxx Power
05-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Tried playing this game again today. After a while this happened;

http://browncardigan.com/imagesfarm/0Yutp41rROoX0cv.jpg

Dignified Pauper
05-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Tried playing this game again today. After a while this happened;

http://browncardigan.com/imagesfarm/0Yutp41rROoX0cv.jpg

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLWAYs I WANT TO BE WITH YOU!

Madame Adequate
05-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Sorry for my poor attention to this thread, folks! I'm right in the middle of finals; four, three hour exams, in the space of eight days, is kind of an ass-kicker.

I've not seen too much interest in RUA so far. I do hope you're all saving up your entries for the last day so that this contest will be, well, a contest :jess: Do play!

Madame Adequate
05-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Double post doesn't matter because I'm Harry Potter and I mean every word I say ever it's stickied anyway and I am in charge in here :smug: don't hurt me mr. paul they need to see that a new post has occurred

Okay due to spending hours and hours yesterday revising, and following the news, and then my final exam EVER* today, I completely neglected this. Sorry! :shobon: As I've only got three entries so far though, I'm going to keep this contest going until tomorrow (Thursday). So enter! You might have a better shot than you thought :jess:

* Until I inevitably go get more degrees in future once I can afford them.

Mo-Nercy
05-13-2010, 02:07 AM
Woo! At the moment, the worst I can be is 3rd.

Jings
05-13-2010, 02:12 AM
Hmm seeing as I'm the only one who posted their score I'm pretty certain I'm going to be third. You cowards!

I managed to do a little better but I really can't be bothered uploading it so I'll stick with what I've got.

Mo-Nercy
05-13-2010, 02:27 AM
No, I did worse than you, Jings. xD

Madame Adequate
05-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Well, the time has come for all three of this week's contestants to revel in the fact that even the lowest score takes bronze! That's what you get for not entering people - communism. Everyone winning. I hope you are all happy :colbert: (I did expect this to be rather more popular than it was, tbh. I wonder why folks don't like this most amazing of games!)

Our weiner, with 90006 points, is Jings!

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/MozartsGhost11/UnicornScore.jpg

In second and third place,
Inferno – 69422
Mo-Nercy - 40412

Congrats to all entrants :D I hope you all had fun, whether you took part in the Super Duper Arcade-Style Old School Hi-Score Leaderboard Mk. III!

rubah
05-14-2010, 08:27 AM
oh man, I didn't even see this thread xD and I love this game :D

Just for reference, here's a low score ;)

(it's really fun for two people to play at the same time, but you have to start at the same time for the music to sync, else it gets pretty cacophonous)

Rye
05-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Good job Jings!