PDA

View Full Version : Demons Souls

Taquadris
05-05-2010, 05:56 AM
Hello people. I just picked up a game called Demons Souls. My friend says it was all the rage here when it first came out. So, I was wondering if you can play together with someone on this game and I also have gone through the tutorial twice (one at my friends house and one here now that I own the game) and some of the stats confuse me. For instance, Dexterity. Is this super important to my character? Does it effect speed? From the RPGs I've play it affects dodge rate and stuff, but there are buttons on the controller for doing that, all I need is good timing.

Other than that, what are your thoughts on the game, if you've played it? Got any tips for me? Want to play with me? (if possible):D

NeoCracker
05-05-2010, 05:58 AM
Yeah, don't bother trying to set up a game with specific people. It's a damned hastle. The multiplayer is fully intended to be anonymous.

That said, its a damned fun game, though hard as sin.

Dignified Pauper
05-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Dexterity helps with damage done with quick weapons.

JKTrix
05-05-2010, 12:40 PM
You also need a certain level of stats in order to wield certain weapons. One-handed weapons/shields that have a high strength requirement that you lack can be clumsily wielded by holding it with two hands, but I don't think that works for Dexterity.

Eventually, certain weapons will become much more powerful depending on what stats you have built up. My weapons in the game all revolve around my Magic stat and deal Magic damage, which many enemies are vulnerable to.

You can kind of arrange multiplayer if you have a way to communicate outside of the game. Basically, you say 'meet me at this place, and I'll drop a stone to summon you'. One of you (the summoner) has to be alive, and the other one must be a spirit in order for you to meet up.

ljkkjlcm9
05-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Weapons also get bonuses based on Stats that increase damage. As you upgrade weapons they have different branches/paths that you can upgrade down. Dexterity is most helpful down the "Sharp" path of weapons. Secondly, most bows damage is also boosted by dexterity, and bows are pretty much the most broken thing in the game.

Dexterity ended up becoming my most important stat, and then I geared all my equipment to getting the best bonus from it.
This site will prove to be quite helpful: Demon's Souls English Wiki: Demon's Souls for PlayStation 3 (http://demonssouls.wikidot.com)

THE JACKEL

Taquadris
05-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Thank you so much, everyone. By the way, I made a barbarian class. It seemed the most interesting to me. And one question, what does a soul level mean? When I was selecting my class, there were soul levels. Like, the barbarian was 9, wanderer was 4, and so on. What is a soul level?

Taquadris
05-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Weapons also get bonuses based on Stats that increase damage. As you upgrade weapons they have different branches/paths that you can upgrade down. Dexterity is most helpful down the "Sharp" path of weapons. Secondly, most bows damage is also boosted by dexterity, and bows are pretty much the most broken thing in the game.

Dexterity ended up becoming my most important stat, and then I geared all my equipment to getting the best bonus from it.
This site will prove to be quite helpful: Demon's Souls English Wiki: Demon's Souls for PlayStation 3 (http://demonssouls.wikidot.com)

THE JACKAL

And you, Jackal, how do you add friends on playstation?

ljkkjlcm9
05-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Thank you so much, everyone. By the way, I made a barbarian class. It seemed the most interesting to me. And one question, what does a soul level mean? When I was selecting my class, there were soul levels. Like, the barbarian was 9, wanderer was 4, and so on. What is a soul level?

You collect souls as you go through the game and slay enemies. After you beat the first actual level, you can use these souls to increase a stat of your choice. Each point given to a stat is 1 soul level. Each stat can get to 99... hence the max level of 792. The characters start at different soul levels because they already have stat distribution. This is one of the many reasons that most people consider the Royal to be the best starting class (Plus starts with magic and a Mana regen ring).

As for adding friends, you do it on the main PS3 homepage, the last option to the right is concerning friends and the like. It's in there somewhere.

EDIT: Don't double post, edit your posts in the future.

THE JACKAL

Taquadris
05-07-2010, 06:58 AM
So, yeah, everyone. Update on my character: I changed characters, I started out as The Wanderer this time. I beat the first boss, died to the Tower Knight. And I saved that golden knight guy 2 times.

Can all characters equip any kind of armor or do I have to put in stats to strength to equip Plate? All my guy starts with is Rugged Leather. Plus, where can I find better stuff in general?

Dignified Pauper
05-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I love this game so much, and every time I hear someone talk about it, I get the inkling to play it again.