PDA

View Full Version : I know no one in this little ole town...

Miss_Lulu
05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Yesterday, I was bored. So I decided to get in a van with my uncle, his wife and two children and go home with them. They live 7 hours away. I didn't even have time to really pack. I just grabbed a bunch of clothes and put them in a bag, I'm quite certain that I didn't bring anything that matches.

I'm quite excited to be here in the lovely state of Indiana, even though I'm going to be in the house all day long by myself all week.

So, topic: Have you ever taken a random, unplanned trip? Why or why not?

~*~Celes~*~
05-05-2010, 05:29 PM
No, I don't think I ever have but good god, I want to go to Savannah, Georgia someday! Oh it looks SO beautiful <3 Not exactly random if I've been thinking about it, but yeah xD

Bunny
05-05-2010, 05:32 PM
When I lived near Seattle, a friend and I took a four hour trip across the state, in the middle of winter, to visit a friend of his that he hadn't talked to for more than a year and a half and who I had never met. We didn't actually tell her we were coming until my friend sent her a text message saying we would meet her at the local grocery store. She didn't really believe us, which made for a big surprise when she saw the two of us standing in the magazine aisle while she was getting coffee at Starbucks.

We said hi, I introduced myself, and then we drove back to Seattle. More hijinks occurred (including two near death experiences and almost trashing his car's suspension) but that isn't really the point of this thread.

Zeldy
05-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Me and two mates went out one Wednesday forgetting that it was "gay night" in St Helens. Most places were empty anyway, so at 2am decided to get a taxi back to her house where we then all jumped in her car and she drove us to Liverpool where we partied for a few more hours.

It happened another time when instead of going home at 3am after being in St Helens on a weekend, me and a mate decided to drive again to Wigan and carry on there. When we got to Wigan, most places were shut ha! So my friend bought a burger and drove us home.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs237.snc1/8430_257495690596_630410596_8671007_8365350_n.jpg

rubah
05-05-2010, 07:48 PM
'hey, you want to go to louisiana next month?'

'omg, are you serious?' hmmm, I had fun the last time I went on a spontaneous trip...
'OKAY!'

(it was incredible)

Chris
05-05-2010, 07:50 PM
No. I wish, though. I plan everything meticulously, and every trip have its purpose. I would like to just drop everything, and go away for a couple of months. =P

Moon Rabbits
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM
montreal a week ago.

theundeadhero
05-05-2010, 09:52 PM
There's been many many times in my life where a group of my friends and I decided to take some time off work and go do something. Every time we didn't decide where or what that something was until after we were on the road going somewhere.

NorthernChaosGod
05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Hell no, I have to plan for stuff like that. If I just left, I'd drive myself nuts with any down time.