PDA

View Full Version : If you owned an XBox, GameCube and PS2 (and were an SC2 fan)

MJN SEIFER
05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Would you buy all three versions of the game so you could have all three "extra" characters?

I would.

VexNet
05-05-2010, 09:39 PM
you probably could pick all 3 up together for only £5 since they are pretty old now.
I own two versions I think, however they are both versions I'm not bothered about the extra character.

I think I picked one up when I only had a PS2 and then I picked the Xbox one up since I saw it for sale really cheap.

I wanted the Gamecube one for Link, I'll get it someday..

Laddy
05-05-2010, 09:49 PM
I liked all the characters, so yeah.

I Took the Red Pill
05-05-2010, 09:58 PM
haha hell no. I was content with kicking ass as Link. gtfo here with that Heihachi :bou::bou::bou::bou:, although I imagine playing as Spawn must be pretty liberating.

NorthernChaosGod
05-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Now? Maybe, it'd still be a hassle to switch consoles to play as the other characters.

I absolutely loved playing as Spawn, he was easily my best character. I knew every single one of his moves.

Madame Adequate
05-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Christ no. Link was :bou::bou::bou::bou:, Heihachi and Spawn were barely any better, nothing at all to get excited about. Only ever used any of them out of curiosity. Would have seen more Spawn if he was imitated by Charade, because Charade vs. Charade became the way to fight for me and Barry for the several years where we played this game regularly xD

NorthernChaosGod
05-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Dude, Spawn had a projectile. It was awesome, and it was quite possible to KO someone with like 3 hits.

Jessweeee♪
05-05-2010, 10:34 PM
No way. What's the point of having all of them if I can't have them all together?

Shiny
05-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Luckily I have a friend who has the Gamecube version already so I'd probably just purchase the Xbox or PS2 version since I do have both of those consoles. Out of those two, I would choose the Xbox version because Spawn conquers.

Mo-Nercy
05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Cassandra's in all three versions, so no, I'd stick to one. =]

But really, I had the PS2 version and rarely used Heihachi. I'm a Tekken fan too and I would've liked it better if they had left him with his Tekken controls instead of trying to convert his moveset to SC style. He was still really good though. The 10 hit combo was fun to use against friends.

black orb
05-05-2010, 11:11 PM
>>> If I were a SC obsessed fan, of course I would..:luca:

Slothy
05-05-2010, 11:41 PM
God no. I didn't care for any of the bonus characters and I'd rather play the game on a console that had a D-pad that didn't suck completely. AKA the PS2 D-Pad. It was far from perfect, but it was miles ahead of the other two controllers.

Madame Adequate
05-06-2010, 12:03 AM
idk there's something to be said for being able to play without developing callouses

Tavrobel
05-06-2010, 01:42 AM
For a minute there, I thought you were talking about Starcraft II and I was like "wat."

And no. I only had the PS2 version, which was borrowed anyways. My cousin had a copy of the XBox version, which had Spawn, and he always played Spawn. To put it simply: Kilik is better.

Vyk
05-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Played 'em all. And all the bonus characters, including Necrid, I found work-arounds for. Though admittedly none of my friends were more than mildly experienced button-mashers. So I had a distinct advantage, tactically. I knew my moves and combos and was patient and punishing. But I do remember Necrid and Spawn being either mildly over powered, or mildly more user-friendly for button mashers. Either way, they didn't matter. And between me and my brother we had all the games. So I've played all the characters. And I think I'd go for a Soul Calibur 2 without any of them as they were nothing to write home about. I never used Cassandra much, but I'm pretty sure Talim was fairly over-powered in her first appearance. Not why she was my main though. She was agile as fuck. Though she did have this one game-breaking combo that they later removed xD damn...

NorthernChaosGod
05-06-2010, 03:47 AM
Fuck all you Spawn haters, he dominated.

Madame Adequate
05-06-2010, 03:56 AM
smurf all you Spawn haters, he dominated.

Not if he was up against me he didn't, unless I was stuck with bloody Lizardman or something.

JKTrix
05-06-2010, 04:24 AM
I actually came to EoFF because of Soulcalibur.

I got all 3 versions when they were new. Wore out my Xbox version disc (Xbox was the only system I had working HD cables for at the time) and bought the Platinum version of it later on. PS2 version probably got the least play from me.

Kilik and Raphael are who I used the most. Raphael changed way too much after SC2, and I started using Setsuka in 3 anyway.

NorthernChaosGod
05-06-2010, 04:41 AM
smurf all you Spawn haters, he dominated.

Not if he was up against me he didn't, unless I was stuck with bloody Lizardman or something.

I'll fight you. :mad2:

Mo-Nercy
05-06-2010, 04:50 AM
Raphael changed way too much after SC2, and I started using Setsuka in 3 anyway.
They all did! That was my biggest gripe with SC3. Siegfried was nowhere near as good as SC2 Nightmare. Ivy became much harder to use. Ditto Raphael and Talim.

Luckily, Cassandra was not only largely unchanged but made even more broken =]

By the time SC4 rolled around, I was used to everyone again though. I still can't really use Raph, Talim and Ivy like I used to.

Slothy
05-06-2010, 11:46 AM
idk there's something to be said for being able to play without developing callouses

Not really a problem in a game with no real qcf movements or anything of that sort. :p

Mirage
05-06-2010, 11:11 PM
No
I didn't even use Heihachi

Mo-Nercy
05-07-2010, 12:38 AM

Not really a problem in a game with no real qcf movements or anything of that sort. :p
Lizardman's, Sophitia's and Cassandra's qcf/qcb moves are pretty much their staples.

Slothy
05-07-2010, 01:30 AM

Lizardman's, Sophitia's and Cassandra's qcf/qcb moves are pretty much their staples.

Almost never used them and never made any attempt to use them, so chalk the ignorance of that statement up to me hating the sword and shield people.

Madame Adequate
05-07-2010, 02:37 AM

Try playing it for five hours straight itbt. If not for the glory that was the XBox controller pain would have resulted.

Mo-Nercy
05-07-2010, 02:56 AM

Almost never used them and never made any attempt to use them, so chalk the ignorance of that statement up to me hating the sword and shield people.
Fair enough. They're not really popular characters. Probably because as well as not really being fast, they lack range too. It's the qcf crouch dashing that makes up for that disadvantage though.

Callouses will also come from doing Ivy's Summon Suffering. df, ub, f, d, df, db+A+B (changed to A+G since SC3, or maybe it was B+G) =]

Vyk
05-07-2010, 03:01 AM
I actually liked the original Sophitia. But she started becoming an unlockable character and I couldn't get back into playing with her. I switched to Taki and after mastering her I got into Talim and haven't looked back since. I goof around with other characters. Though Seong Mi-Na has been my main through the whole series. But typically I pick Talim 'cause her speed is pretty balanced by her lack of strength. So its fair. Seong Mi-Na has reach, speed, and strength. And none of my friends can beat me when I play as her. I kinda grew out of Taki, but she's still pretty devastating and people hate it when I get her while doing a random select. So yeah. Talim for me. Though I did get into using Tira for a bit in 4. She's just fun. But I'd never be able to be much of a threat with her. She's totally not my style so its hard for me

Rad Bromance
05-07-2010, 03:02 AM
I had a Gamecube and a PS2 and I got it for PS2 because I thought the GC controller was atrocious for fighting games.

But I agree with everyone else on the Hehatchi thing. I mean seriously, he originates from a fighting game. Why does Xbox get awesome Spawn and GC get endearing Link?

PS2 should of got Crash Bandicoot. :D

Vyk
05-07-2010, 03:28 AM
I've always wondered why Namco makes the choices they do in situations like that. I mean Spawn couldn't be played in very many other games. I don't know how or why he was chosen for XBox but at least that was something. Link could only be played in one other fighting game at the time (a game I hate). Heihachi was already established in another series. Another Namco series. They could have picked some other comic book character if the PS2 exclusives didn't give them any incentive

I've always been a little weirded out by the addition of the Star Wars characters as well

Though oddly enough I was completely amused by the fact you could play as KOS-MOS lol

Slothy
05-07-2010, 03:39 AM
Try playing it for five hours straight itbt. If not for the glory that was the XBox controller pain would have resulted.

How you could manage five straight hours without ripping out that crappy D-pad or bleeding because the extra hard buttons tore the skin off your thumb is beyond me. :p

I'm not kidding about the bleeding either. I know at least one person who lost skin because of how craptacular those buttons were.

Vyk
05-07-2010, 04:17 AM
I've never developed a callous no matter how long I'd play a D-pad fighting game. Some people must be mashing too hard on the pad. The bigger problem I seem to have is cramps in my pinkies or sometimes ring fingers from gripping under the controller too hard for too long (long strings of intense fights. Boo)