PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day (in da USA)

Rye
05-06-2010, 09:57 PM
And whatever other countries celebrate it this weekend, as opposed to months ago like the UK does!

Are you getting anything for your mother or grandmother, if you have one?

I'm making my Mom two more couch pillows. I made her one for her birthday and she wants a full set of them. They'd be really fast to sew up, except that one the one I made for her birthday, I added a nice decorative edge to the pillows by whip stitching around them in coordinating thread by hand, so now I have to do for the other two to be consistent, and it's taking ages. XD

Shlup
05-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I suppose I'll pick my mom up some flowers on the way to see her. Maybe a couple for my grandma too. The three of us stick together on Mother's Day. I hope my grandma doesn't make us go to her boring-ass church again though. And I really want to go see Babies.

Rye
05-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Babies is coming out this weekend?!!?

I want to go so badly, but I'd feel awkward telling my Mom I'm going to see that, because she'll think I'm secretly pregnant, between that and watching so much TLC and the eating thing today. XD

Depression Moon
05-06-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't really have any money this year, but I'll try and buy her dinner on Sunday, if I can't. I'm not really sure what else I can do.

Freya
05-06-2010, 10:29 PM
My brother bought and sent her flowers, my sister sent her chocolate covered strawberries and my dad bought her wine. I'm poor so I can... shampoo her carpet? D: I wish I had money :(

Chris
05-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Had dinner today, and flowers are probably on the way.

NorthernChaosGod
05-06-2010, 11:33 PM
I got my mother a bracelet and necklace set.

I'll be going to the cemetery and leaving flowers for my grandmother on my mom's side as well.

Madame Adequate
05-06-2010, 11:38 PM
We did it first so we love our mothers more :mymelbert:

Laddy
05-06-2010, 11:45 PM
I was produced in a lab. I have no mother. Thanks a fucking lot, bitches. :colbert:

~*~Celes~*~
05-07-2010, 12:24 AM
I shall be baking her cookies and brownies from scratch! I bought some special decorating gel (pink!) just for her cookies <3

Mo-Nercy
05-07-2010, 12:26 AM
I'm going to take my mother to yum cha, which I do more or less every year.

Miriel
05-07-2010, 01:54 AM
I got my Mom her favorite perfume, Miss Dior Cherie by Dior.

And also a pretty midnight blue cocktail/formal dress. Cause every girl, even Moms like to dress up and feel pretty.

Shorty
05-07-2010, 02:11 AM
I'll be mailing flowers.

Because nothing says I Love You like something that comes from a box.

Clo
05-07-2010, 02:55 AM
I'm going to... call my mother.

Is it just me, or does mother and father's day become a bigger deal every year? Or is it because I'm getting older?

Rad Bromance
05-07-2010, 03:16 AM
I just got home about 15 minutes ago...worked 7am to 9pm non stop because of friggin Mother's Day.

I'm going to send my mom flowers because I own a florist and I live several states away and Mother's Day is one of the busiest times of the year so it's really the only thing I have time to do. :love:

Breine
05-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I sent my mother a card inviting her to come up here, and then I'll take her to this place (http://www.dengamleby.dk/english.htm). She's been wanting to go there for ages.

After that I'll take her downtown to look around, take her to a café and such.

qwertysaur
05-07-2010, 02:28 PM
My family is taking Grandma for dinner that night with all of her kids (she doesn't know my uncle is coming up from Florida from Sunday to Tuesday) and my sister and I are going to make my Mom her favorite breakfast and surprise her with it. :p

~*~Celes~*~
05-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Breine: I'm coming to Denmark, that place looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Momiji
05-08-2010, 03:38 AM
I told my mom I'd get her some candles for the candelabra she asked for last year and I got her, but she hasn't used yet.

Knowing how picky she is with colors and scents and stuff, I decided it'd be best to let her pick them out.

She ended up choosing candles for a different candelabra that she bought herself. Go figure. :p

Breine
05-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Breine: I'm coming to Denmark, that place looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Yeah, it's a nice place. It's like this living exhibition of historical houses, and it shows how life was in Denmark back in the old times.

Raistlin
05-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm going to... call my mother.

Word. My mom will probably be surprised I managed that (though I may have forgotten without this thread). I have a difficult enough time remembering/caring about birthdays, including my own. Though if I was actually nearby I would give her a card (hastily bought that morning, of course).

My mom is accustomed to my holiday apathy and my dad doesn't give a crap either, so it works out.

Meat Puppet
05-08-2010, 05:15 PM
It’s mother’s day today here, too! I’m going to make her french toast for breakfast and garlic prawns for dinner. :)

Rye
05-08-2010, 07:08 PM
I decided I'd make my Mom another present because I found a really nice pattern tutorial of it on Skip to my Lou, and the fabric totally matches the purple interior of her nice Couch bag. I love this purple fabric.

Plus, I need some practice sewing pleats - this was my first time and they didn't come out half bad.

Not the most flattering pic because fabric I used is thin and it all looks flat, not the mention needing a better ironing, but meh, it'll look nicer after I give it a bit of an iron and put some treats in it for her. :jess:

Aerith's Knight
05-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I tell my mother I love her and give her a present.

It's what I always do, seeing as I never say or show it at any other time, not much anyway, cause that aint cool.