PDA

View Full Version : procrastina-a-a-a-a-tion

missaira
05-07-2010, 07:33 AM
surely i'm not the only procrastinator on eoff? i'm after some novel examples of extreme procrastination, or else some suggestions/remedies of breaking through procrastination (i think it's aka motivation?) if you care to share :)

Pheesh
05-07-2010, 07:37 AM
I have no idea how to deal with procrastination. No matter how many times I had to stay up through the night typing an essay, and then go to school having had no sleep, I would still make the same mistakes. I am just not good with time management.

Raistlin
05-07-2010, 07:46 AM
I'm a really terrible procrastinator and am usually incapable of doing anything until the last moment possible. This makes law school poorly suited for me, as you're really required to keep up with the work throughout the semester (if you want to do well on the final, anyway). The only solution I have found is simple: just suck it up and do the work. I have not discovered anything else to work.

No, I'm not always successful with that solution. Not even generally.

Breine
05-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Procrastination is one of my favourite hobbies.

Zeldy
05-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I do worse than procrastination. I just.. don't do the work.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I procrastinated for three hours, then I went and got some beer.

Currently procrastinating on getting more beer.

Procrastination is a long and arduous process, but must be accepted by all.

Hot Shot
05-07-2010, 01:05 PM
There's nothing wrong with procrastination. Why do today what you can leave for tomorrow?

My worst example of procrastination is when I had this long essay for history which was 20% of my final grade. We had to choose a topic and complete it (we had many many months). The essay had required us to do research, add footnotes, compile our bibiography and write a unique answer (as well as choose a unique topic) but I ended up choosing somebody else's last resort topic and I started it on the last two days and I onlly managed to get a D, which is better than what I thought I would get.

Clo
05-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm procrastinating right now. And doing a good job of it. What's up, thread?

Peegee
05-07-2010, 03:26 PM
The only thing you'll ever be measured on is the final product, so whether you complete it now or yesterday or 5 seconds before it's due, as long as it's on time and under budget, you'll never get in trouble for it.

Imperfectionist
05-07-2010, 03:38 PM
I am Queen Procrastination :(

It makes me so miserable! Nothing ever gets done! My room is always cluttered because I keep putting off tidying it, my coursework is always handed in late. And then it makes me feel guilty while i'm procrastinating, because I know I should be doing something else.

Despite all these things, I just can't seem to give it up. I'm such a lazy bum.

Unbreakable Will
05-07-2010, 03:54 PM
The only thing you'll ever be measured on is the final product, so whether you complete it now or yesterday or 5 seconds before it's due, as long as it's on time and under budget, you'll never get in trouble for it.
:doublecolbert:

Shlup
05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm not a procrastinator, I just work better under pressure. :jess:

Bunny
05-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm not a procrastinator, I just work better under pressure. :jess:

This.

I had two papers, three presentations and a final this semester. I knew about them at the beginning of the semester and had all year to properly prepare them to be turned in at some point during this week (that's roughly 4 months).

I finished the two papers the day they were due (including finishing the rough drafts the day they were supposed to be due), the presentations the day they were supposed to be given and I have yet to study for the final which is today in about 3 hours.

~*~Celes~*~
05-07-2010, 06:41 PM
My finest example of procrastination ever:

We were reading The Sound and the Fury in my English AP class, and we were given a packet with essay options. I put it aside.

I stayed home sick both the day it was due and the day after, and ended up coming to school on a Friday, plus we had that upcoming Monday off for Labor day or something. Anyway. I ended up putting it off cause the only essay option I cared to do was about Quentin and his idealism, and I hadn't read Quentin's section of the book yet because that whole book was just hella confusing and I seriously got headaches trying to read it and make sense of it. Those who have read it may understand what I mean. Possibly.

Monday night I finally decided to start the paper. Book in hand, I browsed the intarwebz, searching for the definition of an idealist. Once I found it, I wrote my little heart out, not very confident that I would do well because I hadn't read the required section of the book yet, so I was trying to read it the best that I could as I worked. (Side note: this actually helped me to absorb the information better, who knew :D) we ended up delaying the start of school due to fog, which bought me 2 more hours, so I wrapped it up and turned it in as soon as I got into school.

I got an A, and the teacher was impressed with my original thoughts and the flow of the essay :D I barely got any sleep (I think like 2-3 hours, got up in time for the start of school before I knew it was delayed), but it was well worth the A.

I could just tell from the way my teacher talked to me that she saw me as the lazy kid with loads of potential and smarts who did the best work ever under immense pressure :greenie:

Citizen Bleys
05-10-2010, 07:04 AM
I'll respond to this thread later.

Cloudane
05-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Curses!! Beaten to it again!!

Well yeah I'm supposed to be working right now so...

Just find that when I'm tired I simply can't bring myself to do any work.

Can't even be bothered to finish my

leader of mortals
05-13-2010, 11:40 AM
I have a research paper in AP English for next friday, an essay in Econ for the same day(lol, this will be real difficult:roll2), and a presentation in Econ for Monday.

I have 3 sources for the english paper, out of probably 5 or 6 needed minimum, and I would need to take about 20 or 30 pieces of information from the sources which I've yet to do.