ANGRYWOLF
05-08-2010, 09:47 PM
not start a new one...

although I can do that.

shrugs.

Spinoffs.

We've had dirge of cerebus.

That was a mistake imo.

we've had Revenant wings that was another mistake.
imo.

What spinoff of an FF would you like to see
?

no not FFXIII-2.

I happened to like X-2.

Someone did mention X-3.

I'm in favor of that. I would have it feature the children of the characters..wakka and Lulu's kid and Tidus and Yuna's kid though..as opposed to having the current FFX characters as the main protagonists.

just my 2 cents.:redface:

Mirage
05-08-2010, 09:58 PM
What is TC anyway

ShinGundam
05-09-2010, 04:36 AM
FFX-2 was made in response to popularity of Tidus and Yuna relationship, I don't think they are interested in FFX world now, on the other hand they want to make FFXIII-2 in response to negative reaction and refine what they have.

Yoshinori Kitase said: "In the past three years we worked both on the world and on the various systems. Creating these systems isn't very glamorous and can frankly be a bit boring. If we could do a XIII-2, we could direct all our attention to the story and refine what we have already built."

Bolivar
05-09-2010, 04:41 AM
What is TC anyway

lol yeah wtf.

I liked Revenant Wings!!!

I would like to see a Spinoff of the original FFTactics with the same job system except you actually control a party of four in Active Time Battles... kind of a complete inverse of what that game was all about, add in random encounters, roaming towns and open world map.

Hot Shot
05-09-2010, 07:30 AM
I quite liked Revenant Wings and Crisis Core. Revenant Wings had good gameplay and the characters seemed to have more of a personality than they did in XII. The story itself wasn't amazing, but it actually was really good, especially for DS.

Crisis Core was amazing. It fleshes out VII's story much more by filling in alot of the gaps. We learn alot more about Zack, Sephiroth, Aeris (somewhat) and Shinra (especially SOLIDER). I hear a lot of people bitch about how SE keep bringing out new games/movies/anime from VII, but I think this is the most essential part of the story out of all the prequels/sequels.

And seriously dude, please tell us WTF TC is!

ANGRYWOLF
05-09-2010, 08:48 PM
an abbreviation for thread creator...person who started the thread.

Used a lot on other forums.

I'm not in favor of FFXIII-2.

I feel Toriyama and Kitase blew FFXIII and so now they want to make amends with a sequel ?
No thanks.

If you face problems in game developement then you either make what you need to get past the problem or get outsiders/consultants to assist you.
If they needed another engine for the game then why not buy the rights..to an unreal engine, a crysis engine or something that could handle the job.Bring in western gaming consultants if you have to.
Just don't blow a precious FF game just because you're either too arrogant or too stupid to seek help/assistance when you run into difficulties.

:mad:

I do like Ivalice although I don't like FFXII..maybe another game about Ivalice, perhaps about what happened after FFXII in Rozzaria for example could be nice.And yes I would like Matsuno to be rehired at Square.They really need him now that we know Toriyama and Kitase have fallen on their faces with FFXIII.

:mad:

Mo-Nercy
05-10-2010, 12:42 AM
If I were to rank the spinoff games from the mainstream series, I'd put:

Crisis Core
X-2
Dirge of Cerberus
Revenant Wings

And only RW was the disappointment. I quite enjoyed the other three.

Having said that, I think SE should stay away from the direct sequels for the time being. Consolidate the quality of the mainstream series before bombarding us with compilations again, plz.

Imperfectionist
05-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Assuming it would be well done, i'd love to see a prequel to FFX :p It'd be so cool to go on Braska's pilgrimage.