PDA

View Full Version : Coffee: How do you take it?

Shorty
05-09-2010, 02:16 AM
French pressed or drip, foam or no foam, iced or hot, latte or cappucino, sugar or splenda, cream or milk?

Large iced no foam add whip caramel macchiato, or simple double espresso?

How do you take yours?

Rantz
05-09-2010, 02:19 AM
Usually (read: when I make it myself) I just go for strong coffee with milk. If I'm getting it from a coffee shop I might get something fancier, but I'm terribly uncultured so I just pick whatever has the fanciest name. :greenie:

Raistlin
05-09-2010, 02:28 AM
Nonexistent.

Shlup
05-09-2010, 02:30 AM
What he said. ^

Ewwww

Shorty
05-09-2010, 02:32 AM
That is NOT helpful. >:O

Rye
05-09-2010, 02:34 AM
At home, I just make Folgers coffee from our coffee machine, fill that about between half and 3/4th of my cup, and fill the rest with milk I heated up over the stove, with a few Splendas. I used non-fat milk because that's what I carry in the house. It tastes pretty decent. I've been lazy, but I really need to buy some other coffee. I just drink my parent's stuff, half the time it's already made, but Folgers kind of tastes like butt.

I love blueberry coffee. My workplace has it and it's just divine. There's some kind of specialty coffee shop nearby that sells that stuff, I should go. I wonder if they have a grinder on the premises, because I don't own one.

As for when I go out for coffee, it entirely depends on if I'm getting myself a special treat or just regular coffee.

If it's cold out and I'm getting a special treat from Starbucks, a grande Caramel Macchiato/Pumpkin Spice Latte depending on the season. Yummm.

My usual is a tall skinny latte or a tall skinny macchiato. The former is only 90 calories. The latter is 120, but tastes better. I mix it up for variety.

I guess if you haven't gleaned it from the post, I tend to like my coffee weaker and sweeter, though I can drink it strong as well. Sometimes I prefer it that way if I really need a wake-up. I can't drink it really strong and black though. When we had an espresso machine, my Dad would drink really strong black Italian double espressos and I dunno HOW he did it.

Coffee: my love, my curse. Luckily now that Starbucks does skinny lattes, I can get a low calorie treat without having to say a million words.

Momiji
05-09-2010, 02:59 AM
I take my coffee without coffee, and with tea instead.

Citizen Bleys
05-09-2010, 03:02 AM
in before "covered with bees"

Maxwell House, throw a pinch of cinnamon in with the grounds, double-double.

LunarWeaver
05-09-2010, 03:10 AM
I drink instant coffee (lazy) with Splenda :jess: I have to drink 2 Ensures a day anyway, so I put vanilla flavored Ensure in it instead of milk. Don't knock it 'til ya try it! I think it tastes better than cow nipple piss, honestly. Go forth and dance my embarrassment, mamu: :mamu:

Faris
05-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Mocha style. Only 1/4 coffee though.

Jessweeee♪
05-09-2010, 06:05 AM
I don't drink coffee, but I imagine I would like it with some milk.

rubah
05-09-2010, 06:39 AM
*spazzes from shorty's descriptions*

for regular coffee, the best part is dipping graham crackers into it. usually I make mine really weak-- three tablets of equal, three spoons of creamer, one spoon of chocolate.

Hot Shot
05-09-2010, 07:34 AM
I like it really strong with milk (or cream as they like to say in the US of A) and two sugars. I know, I'm pretty boring :( It's odd, but quite a few people laugh at me for drinking coffee because in England it's really just about tea, which honestly makes me feel a little queasy.

Chris
05-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Like many of you, I don't drink coffee. I tried it once, and didn't care for the taste. I do however like coffee-flavored treats.

I'm a tea drinker, and melon tea is the way to go. With honey, mind you, and not sugar. :p

Madame Adequate
05-09-2010, 12:50 PM
White, plenty of sugar, and in the form of an enema.

Breine
05-09-2010, 01:36 PM
I usually go for black and strong coffee. However, I also really like stuff like cappuccinos, lattes, mochas, iced coffee (e.g. frappuccinos) and so on. I like it all!

Meat Puppet
05-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Covered... with... bees, I guess? I have no idea what it means, but I didn’t want Raistlin to look like a fool.

EDIT: Bleys, sorry, I meant Bleys. Citizen Bleys.

Aurey
05-09-2010, 02:25 PM
French press is the fucking best. It's quick and easy and is probably the best coffee I've ever tasted. However they are extremely easy to break; I think I've gone through four beakers or so in the last two years. Anyway! I usually take one or two small spoonfuls or sugar, and add milk. Eventually I'm going to ween myself off sugar all together, and maybe sometime down the road try out just taking it black.

Those white chocolate mochas from Starbucks are so good, but sooo bad for you. Boo. ;{

Rye
05-09-2010, 02:27 PM
White, plenty of sugar, and in the form of an enema.

WOULD YOU GIVE IT A REST WITH THE ENEMAS?!?!?!?!?!?

Citizen Bleys
05-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Covered... with... bees, I guess? I have no idea what it means, but I didn’t want Raistlin to look like a fool.

EDIT: Bleys, sorry, I meant Bleys. Citizen Bleys.

I mustn't murder Meat Puppet

Pop Frank Socket
05-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Auto drip no-name coffee, extra strong with a half a cream and two shots of rum, maybe some sugar if it's one of those days.

Mo-Nercy
05-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Black. No sugar.

Imperfectionist
05-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I drink tea a lot more than coffee but Nestle make these really nice Vanilla and Mocha coffees that come in skinny too so I'll have those if I fancy some :)

The Chirstmas coffees at Starbucks are amazing though, especially toffee nut. Shame they only have them once a year :(

kotora
05-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Black. No sugar.

The only real coffee unlike those weird fancy strawberry-toffee-chewing gum-potato-frappuchino flavored Starbucks concoctions. I've had one of those once and it tasted like sugar with milk. If sugar with milk costed 4 euros.

Fujiko
05-09-2010, 06:11 PM
No, Sarah. No. I don't like coffee. I don't like it! >.<

Jings
05-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm like the dude from Ace Attorney, got a coffee in my hand every morning. And if you say something I don't like, I'll throw it off your head.

I like it white.

kotora
05-09-2010, 06:45 PM
I like it white.

racist!!1

Moon Rabbits
05-09-2010, 06:55 PM
black like my metal. lolol.

throw a pinch of cinnamon in with the grounds

holy :bou::bou::bou::bou: ew why would you do that that's disgusting you disgusting fuck.

incidentally anyone who adds any sugar or sweetener to coffee is ridic. black sugarless or slight drip drip of milk please.

i drink no name coffee that i make in my home drip machiiiiiiiiiine! it is rare fo me to drink < 4 or so cups per daaaaaaaaaaay. night time coffee is the best. i dont drink fancy coffee. like starbucks or w/e.

oh my god what a drink i love it love it. anything bitter is delish. coffee+SMOKING = EVEN BETTERrrrrrrrr.

Chloe.
05-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't drink coffee, but then I've never actually tried it. The smell puts me off.

Wait that's a lie, I had a sip from some coffee thing that my friend bought from Starbucks once and it was disgusting :/

BarelySeeAtAll
05-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Rarely drink coffee out - they can't make it right e_e..

At home I normally have either two spoons of coffee, two sugars, and a dash of milk. OR, if we have any, replace the milk with baileys. Once had the coffee baileys with coffee. Yeah..don't have that.

ANGRYWOLF
05-09-2010, 07:49 PM
I dislike my coffee being too strong.;)

Zeldy
05-09-2010, 08:12 PM
I take my coffee without coffee, and with tea instead.

I think coffee is the most disgusting thing I quite possibly have ever sampled. My parents make me make them it sometimes, the smell alone makes me gag. Foul, foul.

Once, my Mum told me I could have one of her special diet milkshakes, they're really freaking nice okay and she thought she'd bought chocolate which were my favourite so told me to help myself. It was a coffee flavoured milkshake.

:(

Jings
05-09-2010, 08:28 PM
I've met many people who hate the taste of coffee. But I thought it was universally accepted that it smells delightful.

Psychotic
05-09-2010, 08:39 PM
The smell? I honestly don't know if I would rather take a deeper sniff of vomit or of coffee, to be quite honest with you. It's vile.

Jings
05-09-2010, 09:04 PM
This has been a shocking revelation to me. Shocking.

Raistlin
05-09-2010, 09:43 PM
The smell is better than the taste, but still nothing I'd like to have around all the time.

Zeldy
05-09-2010, 09:49 PM
The smell = as bad as the smell of petrol. Yes I said it.

Rantz
05-09-2010, 09:59 PM
The smell of coffee is one of life's great pleasures.

Jings
05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Now you're just pulling my leg, Zeldy. Petrol is the best smell ever. Refilling my car is the highlight of the week for me.

Pop Frank Socket
05-09-2010, 10:04 PM
This has been a shocking revelation to me. Shocking.
I agree, there must be some sort of chemical imbalance that effects the scent centre of the cerebral cortex that makes people not like awesome smells like gasoline and coffee.
Honestly I couldn't start my morning if it weren't for my huffing rag and a cup of joe.

VexNet
05-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I take my coffee as a cold beverage, prefrably MONSTER or Red Bull.

okay, I don't drink Coffee, but those beverages have Caffeine in them right?

Jowy
05-09-2010, 11:58 PM
black coffee - double strength

kotora
05-10-2010, 12:02 AM
The smell = as bad as the smell of petrol. Yes I said it.

Which makes its smell incredibly awesome.

There must be something wrong with people who don't appreciate the smell of coffee and gasoline.

Shiny
05-10-2010, 12:13 AM
The smell? I honestly don't know if I would rather take a deeper sniff of vomit or of coffee, to be quite honest with you. It's vile.

You're just smelling poorly made coffee. When it's fresh and the brand is right, it smells divine. I like my coffee sugary with milk or cream. Somtimes I put hazelnut in it. I also like mocha in it either cold or hot. But nothing beats apple cinnamon or pomegranate tea. And yes, I too like the smell of petrol.

Rye
05-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Another person who loves the smell of coffee and petrol.

I had no idea you hated the smell of coffee, Paul. I feel bad for constantly dragging us into coffee shops now. XDDD

Aurey
05-10-2010, 12:23 AM
I always wished I had a garage so I could stand in it and just huff it all day.

Pop Frank Socket
05-10-2010, 12:28 AM
There must be something wrong with people who don't appreciate the smell of coffee and gasoline.

I'm thinking there has to be a connection, does anyone like one or the other?

Brennan
05-10-2010, 02:00 AM
I like my coffee like I like my women, black and strong (half-sarcastic)

Citizen Bleys
05-10-2010, 03:18 AM
black like my metal. lolol.

throw a pinch of cinnamon in with the grounds

holy :bou::bou::bou::bou: ew why would you do that that's disgusting you disgusting smurf.

It's awesome. Although cinnamon itself may be harsh, a pinch of cinnamon makes coffee taste smoother and richer.

No, Sarah. No. I don't like coffee. I don't like it! >.<

Do you like it in a boat? Do you like it with a goat?
Do you like it in a tree? Do you like it soaked in pee?
Do you like it with some spam? Do you like it, Sam I am?

ReloadPsi
05-10-2010, 03:20 AM
Decaf, milky, two sugars, though often I even decline decaf and have a glass of Tango instead. I've taken myself off caffeine, possibly forever, and I do believe decaf still contains a little caffeine.

NorthernChaosGod
05-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Black.

I'm not reading four pages of this, I really hope someone else actually likes coffee and not a bunch of sugar. :mad2:

Cloudane
05-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Drip. As in intravenous.

:p

Nah, just instant white with 1-2 sugars. And made by someone else.

Rye
05-11-2010, 03:00 AM
I had some delicious super strong rocket fuel type coffee at work today. That, coupled with two big cups of tea, and I was caffeinated in a way that I haven't been since the first few times I've drank coffee in my young teens. The crash was unpleasant.

Shorty
05-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Bleys, I have to tell you. I'm not much of a fan of cinnamon, but I think putting it in with the grounds would taste pleasant. I might have to try it.

drotato
05-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Oh. My. God... Another coffee thread.

In my opinion, any coffee is good.
ANY. Black, too much sugar, fraps, or reeeaaaallly hot. lol

Aerith's Knight
05-11-2010, 09:22 PM
With cocoa, sugar, some milk, water, no coffee and a little foam.