PDA

View Full Version : How much longer until I beat this game?

Digital Phoenix
05-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Man, I really wish I didn't start it up again. I got to chapter 11 with 24 hours logged in. I'm now at 32 and a half hours in the middle of chapter 11. Everyone said that it became more fun because you had more "freedom" and such, but it's just as boring as the chapters prior.

Okay, so there's apparently a bunch of side-quests. Unfortunately, they are EXACTLY what we were doing before. I just run up to the group of monsters I have to fight, win, and then repeat. Sure, Gran Pulse is open, but that's really all you can say about it. There's nothing more to the side-quests than fighting monsters, just like you did the past 24 hours.

So I am at this tower now, and I guess I have to fight more monsters... again... I have to talk to these statues and complete their "tasks" for some arbitary reason, and it's hard to move on. How many more hours left of chapter 11 and the overall game? I feel like I need to beat it, but if I'm only halfway through or something, I won't make myself suffer any longer.

VeloZer0
05-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Once you complete the tower it is probably less than ten hours to the end, if I recall correctly. There are only 13 chapters, and neither 12 or 13 are particularly long.

Flying Arrow
05-10-2010, 02:47 AM
Depending on how quickly you progress through things, yeah, ten hours - probably less. Looking at your clock already, it seems you play way, way faster than me. It'll all be over soon.

Mo-Nercy
05-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Good on you for pushing through Chapter 11. I'm still there because I don't want to leave it behind until I've done everything I can possibly do. As a result, it's become quite boring for me and I've started playing Need For Speed: Shift instead.

I really should force myself through to the next part of the story so I can finish the game already.

seiferalmasy2
05-10-2010, 11:49 AM
I sympathise with you, because that is how fanboys and game reviewers get away with hoodwinking people.

"It has tons of sidequests at Gran Pulse"

That sounds dandy until you suss it is more battles. You will then come to the stage I am at, and wonder what any sane person could posibly see in the game. If you figure that out, let me know!

kotora
05-10-2010, 01:08 PM
About 10 hours of boredom left. I'm not trying to destroy your hopes but the ending kind of sucks and will definitely not feel rewarding in any way.

Future Esthar
05-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Big disappointment on the end of chapter 11.
Scared already?

Digital Phoenix
05-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Big disappointment on the end of chapter 11.
Scared already?

Yeah, that was painful. It was so freaking boring.

Scared of what exactly? If there was some important plot element, I must've forgotton or stopped caring. Probably the latter.

Overall, a resounding "boo" to chapter 11 and the game in its entirety.

Future Esthar
05-16-2010, 09:23 PM
You already finished it?