PDA

View Full Version : Dominate Hand

Brennan
05-10-2010, 01:56 AM
Are you a lefty, or a righty? Or are you both? Did you try anything with your off-hand, and fail?

Mo-Nercy
05-10-2010, 02:01 AM
I'm left-handed. And right footed.

Most right handed people seem to be able to at least write their name with their left hand, but I can't even draw a straight line with my right hand. =[

Tavrobel
05-10-2010, 02:01 AM
I write with my right hand, throw with my right hand.

But I do everything else with my left. And I mean everything.

Quindiana Jones
05-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Mostly right handed, though I do a lot with my left.

Recently, I've started doing little tasks with my left instead of right: brushing my teeth, using the mouse etc., because it apparently is good for dem grey cellses.

Meat Puppet
05-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Do nearly everything but one with my left hand.

Bad Wolf
05-10-2010, 02:43 AM
I am pretty much completely right-handed. Anything written with my left hand is more or less completely illegible.

Momiji
05-10-2010, 02:44 AM
I'm right-handed.

Yay.

Rye
05-10-2010, 02:47 AM
Completely right handed. I favor my right side with almost everything. I chew on the right side of my mouth more (unfortunate when my wisdom teeth on my right side are sprouting right now). I even bite my nails on the right side of my mouth, usually favoring my right hand for that.

Though when I'm writing, my handwriting with my right hand is still bad. :shobon:

kotora
05-10-2010, 02:47 AM
I'm left handed, but a lot of things I do with my right hand. I like to mix it up to keep certain activities fresh and exciting.

Raistlin
05-10-2010, 02:49 AM
I'm completely right-handed, though I have some coordination with my left, largely thanks to basketball.

Brennan
05-10-2010, 02:52 AM
I can only write left-handed, but I can drive with my right hand, aim the wiimote with my right hand (can't aim a real gun with my right hand worth a crap, though), and I can turn cranks and whatnot with both of my hands, but besides that, I can't do much with my right hand.

Bunny
05-10-2010, 02:54 AM
I do the majority of things with my right-hand, though my left is still fairly functional.

Clo
05-10-2010, 04:02 AM
I wish I was ambidextrous. I don't know why. I want to have skillz.

Vermachtnis
05-10-2010, 05:46 AM
I'm right handed, but there's one thing I do with my left hand I can't do with my right.

Tseng
05-10-2010, 05:54 AM
Whew.. I'm glad this thread is about something other than what I thought initially...

I Took the Red Pill
05-10-2010, 06:05 AM
I'm a witch.

Citizen Bleys
05-10-2010, 06:58 AM
In before masturbation jokes

oh...right.

Momiji
05-10-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm right handed, but there's one thing I do with my left hand I can't do with my right.

Is it snapping your fingers? I can only do that with my left hand.

NorthernChaosGod
05-10-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm mostly right-handed, but I do have some coordination with my left side. I had to really practice with my left side while play lacrosse so that helped a lot.

G13
05-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm right handed. I hacky sack a lot in my spare time so I got pretty good at using my left leg without it feeling stiff.

My older brother was left handed but a few years ago he had to have his arm amputated because of a birth defect. He had almost no trouble switching over to using his right arm for writing and whatnot.

Laddy
05-10-2010, 10:19 AM
I am right hand dominate, but everything else (ear, leg, eye) is stronger on the left side.

Momiji
05-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm right handed. I hacky sack a lot in my spare time so I got pretty good at using my left leg without it feeling stiff.

My older brother was left handed but a few years ago he had to have his arm amputated because of a birth defect. He had almost no trouble switching over to using his right arm for writing and whatnot.

You do what you have to, I guess. I suppose it's either 'get good at it' or 'don't write', after all.

Vermachtnis
05-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Yea actually, although I didn't realize it til just then. I can't do a wolf whistle with my right hand.

Fujiko
05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
I used to be completely left-handed, so when the teachers at school discovered that, when I was a little girl, back then it was considered being an alien to be left-handed, so they forced me to learn how to use my right hand and my right hand only. Cruel world. So now I write with my right, use the scissors with my right and am dominantly right-handed in tennis, but I still do many other things with my left as it comes naturally to do so since childhood days. I also remember I used to do things differently before they turned me into a righty: like wearing my wristwatch on my right wrist, hold the fork in my right and knife in the left, use the scissors with my left, stand in the opposite direction of all the other players when striking the ball in baseball etc (the latter I still do btw).

I even used to hold out my left hand when I was to shake someone elses; they'd just give me weird looks and take my right hand as to show me that's how you do it. So dad taught me to remember to shake hands with my right. In fact, if my memory serves me right I believe he's the one that taught me you should hold the fork in your left and the knife in your right; cause I remember it being really weird and difficult to get used to doing things in another way than I knew how to do best. :( And when my teachers used to tell me it was wrong to be left-handed it used to make me sad cause I thought I was doing something seriously wrong, and it took me a long time to get used to using my right hand for everything. :(

That cruel experiment failed on my elder brother though, as he's always been completely left-handed in everything, and is the only one in my family who is. I can't write with my left now though; I mean I can, but it's very messy, though legible!

Fujiko
05-10-2010, 06:19 PM

Yea actually, although I didn't realize it til just then. I can't do a wolf whistle with my right hand.

I can only snap my fingers with my left hand.:choc:

Jess
05-10-2010, 06:25 PM
I write with my left hand, but I use my right for almost everything else.

Yar
05-10-2010, 06:48 PM
The only thing I do with my left hand is writing.

Psychotic
05-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Right-handed, because I am not communist filth.

~*~Celes~*~
05-10-2010, 07:38 PM
right handed. However, oddly enough, when it comes to using spray cleaners, my left hand can spray quicker. Also I bat the opposite side too.

I dunno, I'm weird. I guess you could say I'm a form of ambidextrious? I just can't write too well with my left :p

qwertysaur
05-10-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm right handed. :p Writing left handed is legible. I have slightly better coordination on my right side, so I try to focus on improving my left over my right. :p

Chloe.
05-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm right handed. I've tried writing with my left hand before and the outcome is hilarious :p

Zeldy
05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Right handed. I really can't do anything with my left, it's so so weak.

Breine
05-10-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm a righty. Both when it comes to hands and feet.

I can write alright-ish with my left hand, though.

Brennan
05-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Just found out that I can only use scissors with my right hand O_o

NorthernChaosGod
05-11-2010, 07:12 AM

You really are such a wonderful human being.

Old Manus
05-11-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm left handed, BUT IT IS THE ONLY PART OF ME THAT LEANS TO THE LEFT :mad2:

Rase
05-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Right-handed. I use my left hand for a fair amount and apparently do some things the way a lefty would, but I don't think I'm ambidextrous.

Rodarian
05-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I use my right hand for nearly EVERYTHING....:smug:

Quindiana Jones
05-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Okay, after a week or so of using my left hand for things, I can conclude that it does indeed improve your memory. I can remember sentences and stuff for much longer and more accurately.

Jessweeee♪
05-11-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm a lefty! I tried becoming ambidextrous once but it wasn't working well :|

oddler
05-11-2010, 11:05 PM
I use which hand I want. YOU GOT PROBLEM?

Fujiko
05-12-2010, 12:53 AM

That must've been what was going on in the teachers' heads when they banned my being a lefty as a little girl. So they did their best to try to turn me into a capitalist.

Vermachtnis
05-12-2010, 01:23 AM

That must've been what was going on in the teachers' heads when they banned my being a lefty as a little girl. So they did their best to try to turn me into a capitalist.

That reminds me of the episode of Rugrats when they found out Chuckie was a lefty and his tried to have him use his right.

Unbreakable Will
05-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Righty. Lefty gets no love, it can't read or write or even brush my teeth very well. :/ I wish lefty could do more.

Quindiana Jones
05-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Then start doing more, fool! It feels weird at first, but it's getting more natural every day.

Like sex with animals.

oddler
05-12-2010, 04:45 PM
This is a fun thing to introduce to people to make them aware of change: Interlock your fingers so that you're holding your hands together. Now offset your fingers by one so that your other thumb is on top. Feels weird, yeah? But it's just as natural. :monster:

Fujiko
05-12-2010, 05:17 PM
This is a fun thing to introduce to people to make them aware of change: Interlock your fingers so that you're holding your hands together. Now offset your fingers by one so that your other thumb is on top. Feels weird, yeah? But it's just as natural. :monster:

When I interlock my fingers my left-hand thumb is always on top of the right-hand thumb. It's too weird to have the right-hand thumb on top of the left-hand one; it's uncomfortable.

Cleyra
05-12-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm a righty.

NorthernChaosGod
05-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Then start doing more, fool! It feels weird at first, but it's getting more natural every day.

Like sex with animals.

You strange, strange man.

Quindiana Jones
05-13-2010, 01:12 AM
And here was me thinking I'd managed to slip that one in unnoticed. xD

Mo-Nercy
05-13-2010, 01:20 AM
And here was me thinking I'd managed to slip that one in unnoticed. xD
Needs more lubricant.

Fujiko
05-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Like sex with animals.

Stand back everyone.

*aims*

*shoots*

*kills*

Quindiana Jones
05-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Wow. It's really in the limelight now. xD

Unbreakable Will
05-13-2010, 02:13 AM

Like sex with animals.
O_o

NorthernChaosGod
05-13-2010, 06:21 AM
Wow. It's really in the limelight now. xD

Yay, I started something. :jess: