PDA

View Full Version : Took three attempts to log in

ReloadPsi
05-10-2010, 03:16 AM
Have you ever been away from a site for so long that, next time you attempted to log in, it took multiple guesses to get your password?

Like the title says, I just had to try three passwords before I got in here, but I bet some of you have had worse experiences! Tell!

Mo-Nercy
05-10-2010, 03:52 AM
I usually bail out and go straight for the secret question (if the website I'm trying to get onto has that option). If not, I've got a bank of 4 passwords that I regularly use that I would probably try.

I hate places that limit the question to only a few things like mother's maiden name and first pet name because I need my questions to be very specific in order for me to remember the answer (I usually mess up my mother's maiden name because I'd forget whether it was her full name or just the surname. The fact that she's Chinese and her name can be arranged with the surname first or last opens up another tin of worms). My secret questions are usually things like "Chassis number including full manufacturer name of favourite World Driver's Champion car the year after he won the title."

Psychotic
05-10-2010, 04:02 AM
It's a good job you didn't fail the third time.

Nobody knows what happens to those who fail the third time. They just vanish.

NorthernChaosGod
05-10-2010, 09:35 AM
I just save all my passwords with FF, anything that doesn't get saved is something really important like my bank account login. I'd never forget that.

Levian
05-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Yeah, definitely. I hate it when places require me to change password once every year, especially if they also want a 7+ alphanumeric one. I'm doomed to fail that one.

at EoFF I have it saved, and even if I didn't it's a password I've had since I was 13, so it's easy to remember. If I fail to log in here, it's more often because someone has changed my username. :p

Breine
05-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I only have like two different passwords that I use, and I use them for everything. Absolutely everything. It's easy that way, but also kinda risky I suppose.

LIVING ON THE EDGE!

Raistlin
05-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I hate it when places require me to change password once every year, especially if they also want a 7+ alphanumeric one. I'm doomed to fail that one.

Yeah, I seriously hate that.

Zeldy
05-10-2010, 05:30 PM
I only have like two different passwords that I use, and I use them for everything. Absolutely everything. It's easy that way, but also kinda risky I suppose.

LIVING ON THE EDGE!

I do exactly the same, with just a different number. We are rebels.

qwertysaur
05-10-2010, 07:43 PM
I use a public computer while I'm on campus so I have to remember my login password to do something like type this right now. :p

Chloe.
05-10-2010, 08:09 PM
I have like 4 or 5 different passwords that I use, but I now try to stick with the same one whenever I need one. I often have to get the password sent to me or whatever when I go on a site I haven't been to for ages. :jess:

Shlup
05-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Like Chloe, I have a few different passwords, so I sometimes have to go through them all before I remember which one. Sometimes I forget my username too. xP

VexNet
05-14-2010, 02:56 PM
I still have sites that I want to visit but I have totally and completely forgotten the password for that site, and it still bugs me to this day since they have passwords connected to deleted email addresses. =[

Jiro
05-14-2010, 03:33 PM
I hate it when places require me to change password once every year, especially if they also want a 7+ alphanumeric one. I'm doomed to fail that one.

Yeah, I seriously hate that.

Put me down for this too.

I have the one password really, just a few variations of it. I'll usually just edit the number on the end, and if it's one of those faggot "need three different types of character" passwords then I'll uppercase the first letter.