PDA

View Full Version : Babies - I saw it.

Shlup
05-10-2010, 07:16 AM
I saw it!! If I'm being honest with myself, it wasn't as entertaining as I had hoped. It was still cool though. Ponijao, from Namibia, was the best baby. I am also super glad I wasn't born in Namibia. "Oh, Ponijao's making a poop. I shall handle this by wiping it on my knee and then rubbing it into my knee with a corn cob." WHAT?!

Mongolians are kind of assholes. San Franciscans are freaks. Mari-chan's parents were adorable and they showed several places in Tokyo I went. At one point I told my mom "That's where I bought your souvenir! (Meiji Shrine in Harajuku)"

There is no narration. It's just Ponijao, Mari-chan, Bayarjargal, and Hattie from birth to first steps.

This film could possibly re-titled "Why the hell isn't anyone watching these kids?" I mean WTF the best supervised kid was the African and his mom just watched while he literally ate a bone he found in the dirt.

Breine
05-10-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm jealous. I want to see it too!

I checked, and it doesn't seem like it'll be released here :(

Flying Mullet
05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
So no one barbecued their baby and ate it?

drotato
05-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Wow... Hahahahaha...

NeoCracker
05-10-2010, 05:39 PM
So no one barbecued their baby and ate it?

THat happened off camera. They went through like, 3 of the African babies.

That bone he was choosing on? That was the baby he replaced. :(

Rad Bromance
05-11-2010, 04:31 AM
'Babies' may have technically violated labor laws - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100506/ap_en_mo/us_film_babies)

Shlup
05-12-2010, 12:22 AM
That's stupid. Just having a camera pointing in the general direction of a child does not automatically mean they are performing any kind of labor.

Also, the article refers to Ponijao as a "her," which he most certainly is not. I totally want to know what the Namibians got paid for their part. Goats for life?

Miriel
05-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Disappointed to hear about the lack of narration. I love babies but I don't know if I want to sit and pay to watch what is basically a baby equivalent to this: Shiba Inu Puppy Cam (http://www.ustream.tv/sfshiba).

Shlup
05-12-2010, 12:45 AM
I can't argue with that. I would have at least liked, I dunno... something. All we got was their names on screen for a few seconds.