PDA

View Full Version : Your Final Fantasy Wish List

Ezme
05-10-2010, 10:35 AM
So say you cast a magic spell and you were suddenly the ultimate boss of square-enix with all the power, creative input, infinite money, time etc you could want; what would you have them do?

I would want:
1) A remake of VI on the PS3. But they're not allowed to fiddle with it other than updating the battle system.
2) Some kind of Braska, Auron, Jecht X prequel. Game (full or short), short or full film, just I want to know more!
3) A FFXIII prequel set on Gran Pulse, probably following fang and vanille and thier first focus, that explains a lot more of the mythos and origins of the planet, fal cie, humans and cocoon. Thought about a sequel of some description, not ness a game but 500 years in the future or so to see how humans are getting on could start with fang and vanille waking up and cocooon finally falling now being all derelict but decided I'd like a prequel more :p
4) Finally the new FF would be quite traditional, lots of moogles, chocobos, tonberrys, malboros that are actually scary. A good love story, politics, swords, magic and summons and a proper save the world story. I like a good bit of linearity but more, linear bit, option to run around like a loon doing random fun things, linear bit, run around like a loon if you want repeat.

I thought about a VII remake (again not aloud to fiddle, Cid must still smoke! :p ) but I could live without it, there's been enough FFVII related media (although I'm watching AC:Complete right now!) I thought about a port of crisis core to PS3 too as I don't have a PSP but I've watched all the cut scenes on you tube now and I've been told I'm not really missing out :p

So what would you want? Or definitely not want?

EDT: I thought of something else! A replica of snow/serah's engagement necklace that isn't £180! I think it's really pretty and want one! (I actually have Yuna's necklace that I love and I think it was only about £20!)

Clo
05-10-2010, 03:10 PM
1) Go back in time with my awesome Square Enix time travelling machine and never make Advent Children, Dirge of Cerebus, or Crisis Core. Oh, and Kingdom Hearts. Screw that.

2) With that out of the way, and FF7's life blood not tapped into and sucked dry, I would make a FF7 remake on PS3! And it would be awesome.

3) Make a Nintendo DS remake of FFV AND FFVI.

4) Stop FFXIV from being a MMORPG, OR make FFXV true to it's FF roots moreso than FFXII and FXIII were, I will settle with either.

5) Either hop back in the handy dandy Time Machine and get rid of Dissidia, or just try again with that and make A/ANOTHER fighting game where it's not all "Whoo I'm floating in the air" and "Whoa magical what what sparkles everywhere bang wee!" and "Wee gameboard customization bad plot woo!" but actually nitty gritty fighting in realistic locations with some magic (kinda like a much, much, much, much, much, much better Ehrgeiz), and just a better example of the fighting genre in general.

6) Sit back and drink a glass of Jack and coke.

Crossblades
05-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Remake Final Fantasy:Mystic Quest. However, not a 3D remake, but redo the gameplay. Have the ability to roam free on the world map instead of being linear, have side to side battles like in FF I - VI, have a 4-5 person party instead of a 2 person party(this would require to add more story script so characters can stay with you instead leaving at some point, and perhaps they can get more dialogue as well), increase the difficulty(however, not to the point that it will frustrate the players), add weapon & armor shops, chocobos, side quests, more spells, and certain character exclusive abilities(like Benjamin can have Cover, Phoebe can have Aim, etc.). I would even make the game part of the numbered series by renaming it into "Final Fantasy 0" and make it available to online services like Wiiware or the Playstation Network.

Btw, I have nothing against Mystic Quest and I love playing it very much. This idea of mine is more for the people who does hate it.

Ezme
05-10-2010, 07:50 PM
CLO: Have you seen advent children complete? I find it makes much more sense, people don't just appear from nowhere, cloud actually gets bloody and well, it's just a higher quality film. But seeing as I've not played anything else I could do without the other FFVII related games. I wasn't particularly thinking of having a square-enix time machine though :p more future! lol

A remake on PS3.... yeah alright. I was just thinking about that tech demo they did of the opening sequence, that was pretty awesome. I'd love to see human looking cloud dressed as a woman! :p

Would much prefer a VI remake on the PS3, it's such an epic game I think it deserves a full screen high def amazingness! :D

Never played Mystic Quest or even heard much about it so, yeah sure! lol

Crossblades
05-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Never played Mystic Quest or even heard much about it so, yeah sure! lol

It was released on the SNES and it was aimed for beginners of the RPG genre.

VeloZer0
05-11-2010, 02:53 AM
CLO: Have you seen advent children complete? I find it makes much more sense, people don't just appear from nowhere, cloud actually gets bloody and well, it's just a higher quality film.

I did not know this. I now feel like watching a copy to see if it is worth purchasing over and above the original.

First of all the easy ones:
- Release FFV and FFVI for DS in FFIV fashion.
- Release all of the PS1 catalog on PSN
Since I think these are all going to happen eventually what I really want to see:

Final Fantasy Tactics 2
Create a whole new world like they did in the first one. They don't need to keep redoing Ivalice, make it as original as the first FFT.

Chrono Trigger remake for PS3
Cell shaded, of course
or
Chrono sequel
That doesn't suck. (Not a jab at CC, just general pessimism)

black orb
05-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Remake Final Fantasy:Mystic Quest.
>>> That, and a new Threads of Fate and Chrono game..:luca:

ReloadPsi
05-11-2010, 03:46 AM
1) A formal apology for the FFVII Compilation

2) A tokusatsu series centred around Tifa, in which she basically just uses martial arts to kick ass

3) Remakes of FFV and VI like those of III and IV on the DS. I actually really enjoyed those.

4) A Final Fantasy movie that is actually a fantasy movie (i.e. looks like the older games instead; that would be accessible to a bigger audience than Advent Children was)

5) Another formal apology for the FFVII Compilation

Ezme
05-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Advent Children Complete is 30mins longer but it's only on Blu Ray Theres also a few extras too such as On the way to smile: Denzel. Actually I think thats one of the best things about AC:C, it actually explains where denzel comes from! lol

Does no-one else think VI deserves PS3 remake rather than DS? :(

ReloadPsi
05-11-2010, 01:02 PM

Well every full FF remake so far has been on a portable console (I and II on the WonderSwan Colour, III and IV on the DS) probably because they don't feel there's a big enough demand for them on TV-style machines. I think they're trying to keep the graphical quality fairly low, not jumping too far forward with the remakes. That's just my own speculation though.

Ezme
05-11-2010, 01:27 PM

Well every full FF remake so far has been on a portable console (I and II on the WonderSwan Colour, III and IV on the DS) probably because they don't feel there's a big enough demand for them on TV-style machines. I think they're trying to keep the graphical quality fairly low, not jumping too far forward with the remakes. That's just my own speculation though.

You have to be a bit of a FF geek to have played I-VI (Not a dig I'm one! VI and X fight it out for my fave :p ) so I think if we did some subtle "education" to the awesomeness of the VI plot then we could make demand. I just think it would work really well on the big screen, the juggernauts in XIII are kinda like magitec armour :p

VeloZer0
05-11-2010, 01:54 PM
I feel that the change to full on HD would entail many changes to the game and cause it to lose it's original charm. Since I have played FFIII and FFIV DS and felt they turned out exceedingly well I would like to stick with what I know will be good, instead of going for something more questionable.

Or to put it this way, I haven't been amazed by any RPG from the PS2 onwards, so I don't have any faith that an old RPG adapted to the current technology wouldn't lose what I loved about it.

Ezme
05-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Ah fair point. :) My magic wish though so I'll have a good crack at it :p

Crop
05-11-2010, 02:18 PM
CLO: Have you seen advent children complete? I find it makes much more sense, people don't just appear from nowhere, cloud actually gets bloody and well, it's just a higher quality film.

AC was a film with random over the top fight scenes, next to no story, more random over the top fight scenes and that ruined FFVII by bringing back Rufus. It was so utterly terrible that I cannot see how any tweaking could make it better.
The only thing that stopped it being the worst film I've ever seen is that fact that Rude and Reno were great in it.

If I had full control I'd like to see a lot more on XIII's Pulse, like others have said perhaps a prequel. But who knows, we might get that anyway, early days.