PDA

View Full Version : E3 2010: FFVII HD!!!

nirojan
05-10-2010, 06:13 PM
OMG! i was browsing a Japanese forum and just saw this:
http://bbs.ffsky.com/attachment.aspx?attachmentid=145

OMFG!!!!!!!!
Oringinal siteE3›Ž•名–- FFVII HD !? - œ€ˆ幻ƒ7 - 天幻‘社Œ 天幻‘ - Powered by Discuz!NT (http://bbs.ffsky.com/showtopic-1709410.aspx)

anyway this might actually be fake though. If you look @ the PS3 (Exclusive)'s, it lists Mass Effect Collection and Mass Effect 3. Those are 360 exclusives and M$ own rights over the first Mass Effect So i doubt it would cross over.
Although many games that are in development (or atleast rumoured to be) are also on the list. Little Big Planet 2, Marvel VS Capcom, COD: Black OPS, Gran Turismo 5, etc.

So other than that Mass Effect thing most of it seems Legit....and if it is Legit FFVII HD is comin out....and my long awaited Devil May Cry 5, but that will be over shadowed by FFVII!!!!!!!!!

(Keep in mind this might not be a remake for say, but a highly uprez'd version...kinda like what happened to Perfect Dark on XBLA)

Happiest.Man.Alvie!!

Ezme
05-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Well there was a rumour that they were open to the idea. Hope it's not just that tech demo of the opening cinematic again though! lol

EDT: HOLY FRICK MARIO KART WII 2!!!!! :D

ChickenHeart
05-10-2010, 09:33 PM
O.O I just hope it doesn't come out in 2012 :/ i want it at least to play in 2011. Anyhoo, TES? YAY, i love oblivion!

Crossblades
05-10-2010, 09:38 PM
EDT: HOLY FRICK MARIO KART WII 2!!!!! :D

Not just that, but a Super Mario Bros. Collection o_O

seiferalmasy2
05-10-2010, 09:49 PM
I went from hoping there would be VII remake in some way to dreading it. What have I got to look forward to? Turning 7 into a huge graphic fest and ruining it by adding in nonsense from the spin offs?

Brennan
05-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Excited about Mario Kart Wii 2, The Legend of Zelda: The Fall of Hyrule, The Elder Scrolls 5, and Lost Odyssey 2.

Good for those excited about FF7 HD, but I'm more excited about the ones I listed

Aerith's Knight
05-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Reminds me I still need to finish Lost Odyssey one of these days.

Mo-Nercy
05-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Killer Instinct 3? I haven't heard of such a project. Maybe this is fake.

If it is real, I have serious reservations about SE taunting us with this FF7 HD crap.

Skyblade
05-11-2010, 01:24 AM
It's fake. Mass Effect 3 is not going to be a Sony exclusive title. Period. Anyone who played ME2 knows the whole import-your-save feature, and that they are going to be making that an even more direct transfer in ME3. Setting it on a new console would completely invalidate the entire planning direction revealed by BioWare for the game thus far, which means that one bit of info reveals this entire list as false.

And an FFVII remake would be terrible.

Clo
05-11-2010, 01:59 AM
I went from hoping there would be VII remake in some way to dreading it. What have I got to look forward to? Turning 7 into a huge graphic fest and ruining it by adding in nonsense from the spin offs?

Actually, I'm afraid of this too. I think many people are sick of FF7, and there's so much potential for the game to just be ruined in a remake. Sometimes I have to shamefully admit that FF7 is my favorite, and then quickly explain how I played it a year after it came out, and blah blah blah, I'm not someone who jumped on years later after all the hype. Which I really shouldn't do or have to do.

Popular things, oy.

black orb
05-11-2010, 02:06 AM
>>> FF7 needs a remake badly. I hope this time is for real and not just a Tech Demo for PlayStation 3..:luca:

Skyblade
05-11-2010, 02:08 AM
If the FFVII Compendium showed us anything, it's that Square has no concept of why the original FFVII was so awesome.

black orb
05-11-2010, 02:11 AM
>>> For a remake they dont have to change anything, just the graphics..:luca:

Skyblade
05-11-2010, 02:19 AM
They don't have to. But they will.

black orb
05-11-2010, 02:23 AM
>>> Yeah, Squarenix are totally pros at ruining things..:luca:

ReloadPsi
05-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Once again, I ask if you really want to see the gay bath house scene in HD.

black orb
05-11-2010, 03:52 AM
>>> haha, Yeah why not. It was acceptable way back in 1997 after all..:luca:

Shiny
05-11-2010, 04:22 AM
If this is true, then this is a huge disappointment that Indigo Prophecy 2 and Mass Effect 3 will be a Sony exclusive though I doubt that highly. I would prefer a FFVI remake over an FFVII remake sense I've already seen FFVII characters' faces in high quality in Advent Children. I'm good for now.

theundeadhero
05-11-2010, 04:48 AM
This happens every year...

Levian
05-11-2010, 05:21 AM
The list seems to have an awful lot of wanted titles, few non-sequels and unknown games, it smells of fake. Why is Super Mario Galaxy on the list too? it gets released 3 weeks before E3. Maybe for promotion, idk, but it still seems kind of weird.

Rase
05-11-2010, 06:55 AM
It's fake. Mass Effect 3 is not going to be a Sony exclusive title. Period.
This.

Slothy
05-11-2010, 11:31 AM
If this is true, then this is a huge disappointment that Indigo Prophecy 2 and Mass Effect 3 will be a Sony exclusive though I doubt that highly.

If Indigo Prophecy 2 were announced then it would be a safe bet that it's Sony exclusive given how much Sony supported Heavy Rain and how successful it was.

But yeah, smells like a fake to me.

seiferalmasy2
05-11-2010, 01:45 PM
If the FFVII Compendium showed us anything, it's that Square has no concept of why the original FFVII was so awesome.

Totally agreed. It is more about money now you see...and carrying it on. I find it hard to believe that the same company that gave us VII original now uses cheap little gimmicks like Brain in a Computer Hojo, poxy retcons, out of control cutscenes and all the rest of it.

I have said this many times- when you give a company a blu ray disc, high power CPU and a fanbase, what you end up with is ridiculous attempts to eat up that capacity in any way they can. Instead of looking at this as an opportunity to add more games at Gold Saucer etc, it will be used to have Cloud and Sephiroth and Zax and Sephiroth fight for 10 minutes while you sit there wondering when you will get the control back.

I can't emphasise enough that the reason why stories work is that they have an air of believability in them, and dramatic tension. If you start showing Cloud holding his own against Sephiroth for 3-10 minute fight sequences, you diminish the power and stature of Sephiroth. If you show Sephiroth having to fight Zack rather than easily beating him, you down grade the aura surrounding him.

When you see Grey fox squashed to death in MGS, it really hits home, same with 1 slash at Tifa and easily defeating Zax, and the way Sephiroth just mercilessly kills the black robed copies and the people of Niblheim.

Bottom line, if you start having out of control graphics and messing with what worked, you not only harm the gameplay you harm the story. Judging by what has followed FFX, I wouldn't trust Sqenix to organise a piss up in a brewery. I can just see what they will do by the statements they have mde already about using graphics to entice casual gamers. I can't see it being anything but a disaster, and what is worse they will tie those ridiculous plots like Genesis into the mix.

Mirage
05-11-2010, 05:34 PM
ITT: People getting worked up over nothing.

Rad Bromance
05-12-2010, 04:03 AM
Once again, I ask if you really want to see the gay bath house scene in HD.
I do, in fact that's the only scene in the game I really care about being remade. :love:

Bolivar
05-12-2010, 04:50 PM
1) this happens every year 2) it's over the internet so you know its fake 3) multiple lists in these paper format have shown up, completely out-of-this-world and fake (TWISTED METAL HARBOR CITY ON PS3!!!) 4) you can look at the bold title at the top to see how photoshopped that is

5) do you really think Playstation would have Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 shown at the same press conference? That would be suicide to brand and market 2 FPS games (both sci-fi at that) side by side.

Aerith's Knight
05-15-2010, 06:20 PM
1) this happens every year 2) it's over the internet so you know its fake 3) multiple lists in these paper format have shown up, completely out-of-this-world and fake (TWISTED METAL HARBOR CITY ON PS3!!!) 4) you can look at the bold title at the top to see how photoshopped that is

5) do you really think Playstation would have Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 shown at the same press conference? That would be suicide to brand and market 2 FPS games (both sci-fi at that) side by side.

Why would they even photoshop it?

It shows how computer-brainwashed we are that we rather think the possibility they photo-shopped it than to think they might have PRINTED IT OUT. xD

It's not that hard to create word document. :p

Bolivar
05-15-2010, 07:10 PM

Why would they even photoshop it?

It shows how computer-brainwashed we are that we rather think the possibility they photo-shopped it than to think they might have PRINTED IT OUT. xD

It's not that hard to create word document. :p

LOL that's actually a good point, not sure why I thought about it, but probably because the text at the top of the document looks so fake it immediately screamed out "photo shop" to me

Aerith's Knight
05-15-2010, 09:07 PM
You're probably right though, because the text and the paper don't allign, but you get my point. There is nothing official about that paper.

Depression Moon
05-15-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm thinking this is fake. Where's the admin whose telling us to stop talking about it and forcing the op to take down the pic? When that happens, then I'll believe it's real.

Edit:

It's fake. Mass Effect 3 is not going to be a Sony exclusive title. Period.
This.

Edit: Oh man I didn't even notice that. Yep, now it's undeniably fake.

Roogle
05-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Depression Moon, we no longer have contacts at Square Enix to tell us to take down pictures or files from our servers.

My opinion on the picture, shared with local friends, is that E3 does not operate by sending out documents like this that disclose the title of every game in a list of successive pages. It is possible that a document would disclose companies and a list of certain announcements, but considering the secrecy that surrounds the industry, I doubt that it would be this easy to get a complete list of an event like this.

Ragebrain The Enraged
05-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Mario Kart Wii. 2 is the best part. :D

Cyric
05-23-2010, 04:44 AM
It'd be freakin' hilarious if all SE did to "upgrade" FF7 to HD was keep everything the way it was, but just increase the resolution of blocky people. LMAO

VeloZer0
05-23-2010, 08:06 AM
It'd be freakin' hilarious if all SE did to "upgrade" FF7 to HD was keep everything the way it was, but just increase the resolution of blocky people. LMAO
Sadly I would be way more excited about this than an actual true remake. This is one of the reasons I like the PC version so much better.

I couldn't agree more.

Spreading fake photo-shopped documents is one thing, but printed information is still a trusted source. THEY HAVE CROSSED THE LINE!!!!

Jiro
05-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I like the ink spot on the bottom left, it adds authenticity.

Seriously why is there even a piece of paper with this information on it? Surely anything being exchanged or kept by people at E3 would be electronic. I just don't understand. A hoax email would have more credibility to me than this.

Skyblade
05-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Sadly I would be way more excited about this than an actual true remake. This is one of the reasons I like the PC version so much better.

Quoted for truth. All the PC version did was to sharpen the resolution and fix the errors in the translation (mostly removing typos, but a couple lines that didn't come across due to it being a direct translation were revamped as well). And the PC version is brilliant because of it.

ChickenHeart
05-24-2010, 09:02 PM
I actually found the typos fun, they gave me something to laugh at.

Depression Moon
05-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Depression Moon, we no longer have contacts at Square Enix to tell us to take down pictures or files from our servers.

Oh man, so no controversial pic deleting ever, man I loved that stuff. I guess that shows that Square doesn't really care much about their products anymore.

Mirage
05-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Or they discovered that the added hype could actually benefit them. I love speculation, yay!