PDA

View Full Version : Interviews

Shlup
05-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Wish me luck at my job interview today, bastards! If I don't get a good job at Disneyland I shall be super sad.

Also, feel free to discuss something related to the general topic. I haven't had a job interview in three years! AHHHH!!

Madame Adequate
05-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Good luck Shlup!

Raistlin
05-10-2010, 08:30 PM
The trick is not to scare them right off. I know that will be difficult for you, but do your best.

Breine
05-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Good luck!

I'm actually going to a job interview tomorrow myself. Let's hope at least one of us gets something out of it.

EDIT: Also, a job at Disneyland sounds awesome!

Shlup
05-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Good luck, Breine! What kind of job are you going for?

My first job, in high school, was at Disneyland and I loved it. Hopefully, after ten years and a college education, I won't end up back in the exact job I had in high school. xP

Chloe.
05-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Good luck Shlup! I'm sure you'll do great :jess: Oh and good luck to Breine too!

I remember the interview I had for my job, I was so scared, especially as it was my first ever job interview. It turned out to be fine though and I'm still working at the same place almost a year later :}

LunarWeaver
05-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I become so nervous at job interviews that it's ridiculous. I'm only hired anywhere because of friends or family already working there and basically guaranteeing it. I never follow any of the rules. In high school I interviewed for a job at the local library and was so nervous I implied I didn't know the alphabet. Yeah.

But enough about me and my pirate adventures. Good luck, Shlup superstar! :aimkiss:

Breine
05-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Good luck, Breine! What kind of job are you going for?

My first job, in high school, was at Disneyland and I loved it. Hopefully, after ten years and a college education, I won't end up back in the exact job I had in high school. xP

Thanks!

It's a job in a storehouse/warehouse/whatever for this clothing company (I think). In fact, I didn't apply for it. Apparently my foster sister's older brother was told by my mom that I didn't have a job, and then he went and called this friend's company since he knew they needed someone during the summer.
So, when my phone rang this afternoon I thought it was the nursing home where I had actually applied for a job - but no, instead I got this job interview out of the blue. Pretty weird xD I guess it's good to know people that know people.

Haha, well yeah.. let's hope not. Except of course if the job you had in high school was awesome?

Also, thanks Chloe :)

Brennan
05-10-2010, 10:47 PM
If they can hire the bored looking teenagers at local fun parks, then they can atleast hire YOU of all people.

Good luck, have fun!

Rye
05-10-2010, 11:39 PM
I've only had one REAL interview, and it was with Gamestop.

The rest of my jobs were like "Oh yeah, so I heard that you do well in school, you're hired."

Imperfectionist
05-11-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm quite good with people, so interviews are a breeze for me :)

To be fair though, i've only had two interviews and they were both for shop assisstant jobs, so I have no idea how i'd fare in a different situation. My people skills mean I don't get very nervy though so I guess that could be a plus.

Jings
05-11-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm pretty terrible at interviews, I mumble and crack inappropriate jokes. Although from the three interviews I've had I've gotten all three jobs, so maybe I'm better than I think.

Mo-Nercy
05-11-2010, 12:47 AM
I've gotten the job from all the interviews I've had, but I think I've lucked out on that statistic, because I don't think I'm actually that great. I usually come in saying something like "geez it's cold, huh?" or "parking's a nightmare around here, hey?" as an icebreaker. Far too many interviewers I've had just jumped straight into it. If I force the icebreaker, it helps with my confidence.

Shlup
05-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Two words: Nailed it.

The interviewer practically proposed marriage to me. She was cool. In fact, she liked me so much she said she didn't want to hire me for any of the positions she's filling. xD She said she'd call me in a couple of weeks to set up an interview for a guest relations position.

Still, though, all the jobs start off part time with low pay. Blah. I don't miss my old job but I do miss my 45k salary. I should never have gone to college... *sigh*

Mo-Nercy
05-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Congratulations, Shlup ^^

Rantz
05-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Omigosh Shluppi I'm so proud f you! xoxo!

Rye
05-11-2010, 01:04 AM

The interviewer practically proposed marriage to me. She was cool. In fact, she liked me so much she said she didn't want to hire me for any of the positions she's filling. xD She said she'd call me in a couple of weeks to set up an interview for a guest relations position.

Still, though, all the jobs start off part time with low pay. Blah. I don't miss my old job but I do miss my 45k salary. I should never have gone to college... *sigh*

Good jobbbbbb! :love:

fire_of_avalon
05-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Good work, Shluppy.

I conduct interviews. So I judge you. I judge aaaaall of you.

Levian
05-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Congrats! Are we all invited to the wedding?

Raistlin
05-11-2010, 02:47 AM

It and everything else.

Shlup
05-11-2010, 04:15 AM

What, what?

Shiny
05-11-2010, 04:25 AM
Good job Amanda. I would back hand you for good luck, but you're all the way on the other side of the country.

I had a job interview with mlb not too long ago and the first question the boss guy asked me was, "Who is your favorite baseball team?" I said, "The Yankees." Thank goodness he was a Yankee fan too.

Levian
05-11-2010, 04:32 AM

What, what?

You're not going to marry the interviewer? I was starting to crave wedding cake :(

NorthernChaosGod
05-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Congrats, Shlup!

If you get a job there I'm going to Disneyland and looking for you whether you like it not. :love:

Jessweeee♪
05-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Good luck! I just went application hunting today myself xD

Miriel
05-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Yay, congrats!

I'll come visit you at Disneyland as a guest and you can relate to me!

Unbreakable Will
05-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Good work, Shluppy.

I conduct interviews. So I judge you. I judge aaaaall of you.
Fuck...

Momiji
05-13-2010, 05:50 AM
I'd like to get an interview sometime, but nooooooo all the places around here suddenly think they're all tech-savvy by making their application process online-only. No. Fuck that and fuck all of you who think that it's a good idea to do that. You learn nothing about a person through those stupid 80+ response multiple choice questionnaires that are most likely filtered if they don't kiss the employer's ass enough and that take over a fucking hour to do, as you wade through loaded questions and stupid personality questions. It feels like a waste of time. Really, it does. Go back to written applications and actual interviews instead of making a program do the interviewing. Ugh.

*clears throat*
Anyway, congrats, Shlup.

NorthernChaosGod
05-13-2010, 06:18 AM
I was hired for three of the four jobs I've worked through an online application.

Jiro
05-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Online applications piss me off. Mostly because everywhere hides them if they aren't currently hiring. All I wanted you to do is hang onto this in case an opening came up, alright?

My first and current job was offered to me by way of a friend's mother, who suggested I get hired to her boss. Job is amazing and I did nothing to get it, pretty sweet.

missaira
05-13-2010, 12:39 PM
my first ever job was working with my dad at a farm produce store and i didn't need an interview for that, so that was good.

my current job at australia zoo had the easiest interview ever. one, i was the only applicant for my particular position (though i didn't know it at the time!), and two, the chick who interviewed me loved me from the moment she picked up my resume as she noticed my middle name was her first name (louise) so that was pretty awesome :)