PDA

View Full Version : LittleBigPlanet 2

Pete for President
05-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Though it's only just recently announced, after seeing this reveal trailer I am already completely siked:

LBP 2 Reveal Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-littlebigplanet-2/100038)

I really adore the fact that Media Molecule actually thanks their players and users for showing such dedication. Players can still enjoy the levels created in the first game, which shows that MM really cares about the time and effort these people have put into the original level-creator.

The trailer really gives me a feel-good vibe and even though I've grown a little tired of LBP1, I can't wait to dig in a new adventure and run around in people's creations.

So who's with me?:choc:

Edit: Watched the trailer again and I feel sooo inspired. GIMME.

Depression Moon
05-10-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm definitely excited. I invested in a lot of time with LBP, but I'm not sure if i have the time for LBP2. It took me months to make my third level, and it still received low scores. I also spent countless nights trying to get help from a lot of people to help me design some of my levels. A lot of times they never responded or bailed out when the time came. I still have a couple unfinished levels that I never got the chance to publish. I want to get at least one of them published and hopefully be able to finally get a 4-star level.

It takes a lot of promotion to get your level on the front page. A lot of H4H, a lot of harassing, a lot of promoting all over the internet. I think I'll be starting real college by this fall, so I know I won't have the time. I hope the best for the game and that they make some things easier and add even more options in designing your games. Not being able to upload custom music annoyed me the most. One major reason why I was harassing folks.

Bolivar
05-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Scan! (http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/964/img0079lr.jpg)

Like I said in my other thread, I still need to see more if this is just a sidescroller with smoke and mirrors to make it seem like other game types.

Pete for President
05-10-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm definitely excited. I invested in a lot of time with LBP, but I'm not sure if i have the time for LBP2. It took me months to make my third level, and it still received low scores.

Got a point here. I've made some levels but none of them were that polished or finished. It was fun to mess around in the level-creator, but I never really found the time to create something brilliant. Good thing there are people who go nuts in this though! Some user-created levels are absolutely amazing.

Levian
05-11-2010, 12:55 AM
It looks extremely similar to Little Big Planet, more like an add on than an actual new game. I'll probably buy it regardless. :p

Mo-Nercy
05-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Pretty cool. All those mini-games look immensely cute, especially the gerbil racing. =]

I'm definitely going to get this.

Shoeberto
05-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Holy damn, that looks aces! I always wished I'd spent more time with LBP. I just had trouble finding people to play with. I like the look of all the new features.

Rad Bromance
05-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Little Big Planet's charm and fun wore off for me really quick. So...I don't think I'll be getting this one unless something about it that's massively different from the first is announced.

Bolivar
05-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Little Big Planet's charm and fun wore off for me really quick. So...I don't think I'll be getting this one unless something about it that's massively different from the first is announced.

You're supposed to be able to make your own games instead of just a side-scrolling platformer level editor.

Again, someone's made a Command & Conquer clone with this

Depression Moon
05-11-2010, 08:49 PM
is the published level called command & conquer?

Dreddz
05-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Meh, looks like more of the same to me. Littlebigplanet would have clicked with me if the platforming wasnt so floaty. Dont think ill bother with LBP2. Nice trailer though.

Bolivar
05-11-2010, 11:14 PM

No idea, I don't think they call it anything when they're testing it internally.

Meh, looks like more of the same to me. Littlebigplanet would have clicked with me if the platforming wasnt so floaty. Dont think ill bother with LBP2. Nice trailer though.

supposedly you can tweak with the physics of sackboy himself so you could make it like more of a traditional platformer. If the product turns out anything like they say it is, you'll be able to make a Metroidvania style game.

Rad Bromance
05-13-2010, 06:23 PM

You're supposed to be able to make your own games instead of just a side-scrolling platformer level editor.

Again, someone's made a Command & Conquer clone with this
That could be pretty cool actually, seeing what people come up with.

I'll probably check it out when it's old and $20 used.

Depression Moon
05-13-2010, 08:11 PM

No idea, I don't think they call it anything when they're testing it internally.

Meh, looks like more of the same to me. Littlebigplanet would have clicked with me if the platforming wasn't so floaty. Dont think ill bother with LBP2. Nice trailer though.

supposedly you can tweak with the physics of sackboy himself so you could make it like more of a traditional platformer. If the product turns out anything like they say it is, you'll be able to make a Metroidvania style game.

You could tweak the physics in LBP1. It was the gravity switch which only a few people used and found out about. This game has to fix all the problems I had with the first. Bigger areas to create your levels. Sometimes I came to making the end of my level to realize that I have barely enough space to make things work like how I want them to. Also the zoom out needs to zoom out a lot farther. Some of the glitches in the first game shouldn't be glitches anymore and be real applications in the game like the 3-D glitch and the gravity glitch. Uploadable music is another I mentioned earlier. Better sackboy customization. Modnation racers has it beat in some points. Have preset shape cut outs for stickers. It's a shame a single user had to make 300 of these himself. Custom sound effects, more sound effects, and the ability to put in video in the backgrounds. Before LBP even came out I thought of a cool trippy sensual level with the background being a dim video of a sexy woman's lips making sexual noises.

Wasn't able to do that. Improve the thermometer feature. Levels get so easily in this game. I've seen several good authors having short levels because the thermometer filled up because the level was too awesome. Also the this shape is getting too complicated bs needs to get out. I couldn't even make my own text and signs because of it. I want to set up voice chat only rooms too for collaboration purposes. MM also needs to have a much more solid campaign. Plenty of users out did them and its a shame whenever they release a new level pack it doesn't seem like they got any better. I also want a better rating system and the end of H4Hing.

LBP was the second best game that was created and LBP2 has the best.

Depression Moon
05-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Finally read the article in Game Informer. I'm glad to here that we can put logic out of the playing area in levels, though that is something not entirely new. You could do that with the layer glitch. New grappling hook mechanic sounds interesting as so does the implementation for custom controls in your game. I found it pretty impressive when others used the mechanics of the first game to create another genre of game that might have a different control scheme, but I guess with this new feature it will produce better designed games.

We also now have the ability to put in custom sound effects. I'm hoping this holds true for music as well. As for mentioning the complex logic that now can be hidden, I'm wondering if all this would do is just put it in the background or will it take up less of the thermometer. Thermometer is the key thing I want to see upgraded in this sequel. Thew enemy things look cool too and you can make them look like sackpeople. It's also nice that it sounds like it'll be easier to create cutscenes, because I found that to be hellish. I will look at the trailer another time.

VeloZer0
05-30-2010, 11:05 PM

I'm in the same boat. I didn't pick up the first game because of the jumping physics. (that and I didn't like Sackboy)

Depression Moon
06-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh man I should punch some of y'all in the teeth for not telling me how good that trailer was. There was some amazing customization in that trailer. My hype for this game has increase triple fold from that trailer. How such an amazingly, well crafted, intelligently, beautifully made trailer!

My eyes fill with the liquid of felicity that thrives to be unchained and let loose to all of the world's people.

Mo-Nercy
06-07-2010, 04:38 AM

I'm in the same boat. I didn't pick up the first game because of the jumping physics. (that and I didn't like Sackboy)
The jumping is probably my sole criticism of the first LBP. My girlfriend can't get her head around the way in which Sackboy leaps so she always dies and uses up all our lives in levels with complicated jumps. :mad2:

Pete for President
08-06-2010, 12:06 PM
New trailer! (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/19675/littlebigplanet-2/videos/lbp2_trl_adventire_080510.html)

NEGATIVITRON!

I'm getting hyped. That's not like me, but I am!:choc:

Depression Moon
08-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Alright my man Pete. Looks like MM's been listening to us. on the LBP site someone suggested a creatinator power up and we got it. Now I can't wait to see if mine's will be in.

Pete for President
08-08-2010, 10:25 AM
on the LBP site someone suggested a creatinator power up and we got it. Now I can't wait to see if mine's will be in.

That's cool! What did you suggest?

Pete for President
02-27-2011, 10:54 AM
I searched around if anyone made a new thread about LBP2, but couldn't find any so I figured I'd just bring back the earlier one.

The game's out, I just got it yesterday and I must say MediaMolecule really tried to get some diversity in what was the gameplay of LBP1. Love the sackbots and cakeinator. That said, I'm a little confused about the actually creating of games other than platformers. I'm not that far into the story, but even though the trailers show side-scrolling shooters and racing games and such I haven't seen any of that yet. I hope they'll show up soon.

Other than that the game is really polished in every single way. Hang around in the same area as one of the story characters and they'll start saying funny things about them or the environment. Little details like these get you smiling quite often. Outfits are more ridiculous than ever. Rewards and items are literally everywhere and it definitely takes several runs to find everything. Sometimes a sticker-switch (LBP players know what I'm talking about) at the start turns the whole level upside down by giving different power-ups or making alterations in the environment, so sometimes going through the same level is actually a whole different experience.

Haven't checked out any of the UGC yet, but I'll get to that a.s.a. I finish the story.

So, good times, anyone up for an EoFF Co-op Sack Adventure? Let me know!

Slothy
02-27-2011, 12:44 PM
I searched around if anyone made a new thread about LBP2, but couldn't find any so I figured I'd just bring back the earlier one.

The game's out, I just got it yesterday and I must say MediaMolecule really tried to get some diversity in what was the gameplay of LBP1. Love the sackbots and cakeinator. That said, I'm a little confused about the actually creating of games other than platformers. I'm not that far into the story, but even though the trailers show side-scrolling shooters and racing games and such I haven't seen any of that yet. I hope they'll show up soon.

Other than that the game is really polished in every single way. Hang around in the same area as one of the story characters and they'll start saying funny things about them or the environment. Little details like these get you smiling quite often. Outfits are more ridiculous than ever. Rewards and items are literally everywhere and it definitely takes several runs to find everything. Sometimes a sticker-switch (LBP players know what I'm talking about) at the start turns the whole level upside down by giving different power-ups or making alterations in the environment, so sometimes going through the same level is actually a whole different experience.

Haven't checked out any of the UGC yet, but I'll get to that a.s.a. I finish the story.

So, good times, anyone up for an EoFF Co-op Sack Adventure? Let me know!

Money troubles for the last several months have kept me from getting this game, but now that things are turning around I'm hoping to get it by the end of March at the latest.

ScottyRedXIII
03-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I find this game is more entertaining when you play in a group, and none of my freinds have the game :(

so if anyone would like to join me add: scottydaboy

:)

Shiny
03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
This is the cutest thing I've ever played.

Depression Moon
03-02-2011, 09:49 PM
on the LBP site someone suggested a creatinator power up and we got it. Now I can't wait to see if mine's will be in.

Sorry for the late reply. I forgot about this thread. I'll try my best to remember, but I think one major thing for me was that I wanted some of the logic to be easier to make, a larger thermometer to work with, and to be able to upload music from my PS3 into the levels, since i had to go through hell just trying to get a little bit into mine. I won't be getting this game anytime soon because of two reasons.

1. I don't have the net for this game.
2. Even if I had the net I would be afraid that I would get too into it. I spent nights up into 4am working on my own games and I had to get up at 4:30 to get ready for school.

Pete for President
03-03-2011, 08:23 PM
That said, I'm a little confused about the actually creating of games other than platformers. I'm not that far into the story, but even though the trailers show side-scrolling shooters and racing games and such I haven't seen any of that yet. I hope they'll show up soon.

They've shown up now, good times :)

I find this game is more entertaining when you play in a group, and none of my freinds have the game :(

so if anyone would like to join me add: scottydaboy

:)

I'm up for some co-op and versus. I'll add ya (PSN id: PietZooter).

1. I don't have the net for this game.
2. Even if I had the net I would be afraid that I would get too into it. I spent nights up into 4am working on my own games and I had to get up at 4:30 to get ready for school.

I can imagine the time consumage when trying to build an awesome level. I have some experience with LBP1 editor, but the possibilities in 2 seem completely insane! Just exploring the options will probably take ages, let alone combining all those different elements.

Pete for President
03-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Has anyone tried Ace-ing any of the Cosmos levels yet? Tough stuff!

Depression Moon
03-20-2011, 04:35 PM
YouTube - LittleBigPlanet 2 Custom Zelda Level (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gOx2U0tW-Q)