PDA

View Full Version : Dear Tetsuya Nomura: you're so vague, you probably think this song's not about you...

SuperMillionaire
05-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I still can't get what's up with this guy; he's so vague, comes up with extremely odd character names, and loves to break original Final Fantasy traditions.

"You're so vague, you probably think this song's not about you; you're so vague, you probably think this song's not about you, don't you, don't you, don't you now?"

PeneloRatsbane
05-11-2010, 11:12 PM
is he the guy with all the belts, belts on Lulu, belts on Yuffie, Belts on Nero, Belts on EVERYTHING

Clo
05-12-2010, 03:03 AM
is he the guy with all the belts, belts on Lulu, belts on Yuffie, Belts on Nero, Belts on EVERYTHING

Oh god, I was talking to a non-RPG gamer once and said I was a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series, and the first thing thing he said was, "What's with all the belts?"

qwertysaur
05-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Nomura has a belt fetish :p

Jessweeee♪
05-12-2010, 07:09 AM
If we didn't break traditions now and then we'd still be having children with our cousins.

black orb
05-14-2010, 01:47 AM
and loves to break original Final Fantasy traditions. "
>>> Since FF7, Nomura is already part of the tradition..:luca:

Flying Arrow
05-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Vague?

Mo-Nercy
05-14-2010, 03:08 AM
Vague?
:D.

I missed that when I read the thread title.

Laddy
05-14-2010, 06:56 AM
I like Nomura because I like fashion. =/

Okay, I like things non-nerdy people like. IS THAT SO WRONG? :'(

Jiro
05-14-2010, 11:32 AM
If we didn't break traditions now and then we'd still be having children with our cousins.

Just because we don't agree with what he's done doesn't mean it wasn't worth a shot

Loony BoB
05-14-2010, 11:57 AM
I quite like the character design in recent games, I have to say. X was possibly the closest I got to "what?" with the character design (not that I didn't like it, just that I found some of them really weird - specifically, Tidus' pants), but I liked it in VII, VIII, haven't played IX yet, liked it in XII and liked it in XIII. I guess it's not a big issue for me, mind you. :p

ShinGundam
05-14-2010, 12:33 PM
comes up with extremely odd character names, and loves to break original Final Fantasy traditions.
Butz Klauser :eep: ...Also what so bad about Noctis and Stella ?

Jessweeee♪
05-14-2010, 04:05 PM
And that Lulu person. Goodness!

Depression Moon
05-14-2010, 04:24 PM
I quite like the character design in recent games, I have to say. X was possibly the closest I got to "what?" with the character design (not that I didn't like it, just that I found some of them really weird - specifically, Tidus' pants), but I liked it in VII, VIII, haven't played IX yet, liked it in XII and liked it in XIII. I guess it's not a big issue for me, mind you. :p

Nomura didn't do character designs for IX or XII. I'm growing tired of him myself.

SuperMillionaire
05-14-2010, 07:43 PM
comes up with extremely odd character names, and loves to break original Final Fantasy traditions.
Butz Klauser :eep: ...Also what so bad about Noctis and Stella ?

They renamed him Bartz internationally, but Nomura's names are even weirder.

And he's always very mysterious. He should AT LEAST give us HALF the answer to give us a starting foundation for our fan-made theories...

black orb
05-14-2010, 08:30 PM
haven't played IX yet
>>> What?!?!?:eek::eek:..

Oh I get it, you are leaving the best FF ever for the last..:luca:

Roogle
05-14-2010, 08:48 PM
I like the artistic style that Nomura uses over the artistic style that Amano uses.

I thought that the character designs that he have done as of late have been lacking, but I really liked the character designs in Final Fantasy XIII, so I guess this can go either way. I think that a lot of the character designs vary greatly depending on the setting and the environment that the game takes place in.

Laddy
05-15-2010, 04:52 AM
I think it depends on the setting.

Traditional fantasy, let Amano do it.
Sci-Fi, Nomura's your man.

black orb
05-15-2010, 05:08 PM
>>> Nomura did some traditional fantasy designs with Dissidia, but yeah Amano is better..:luca:

SuperMillionaire
05-15-2010, 07:09 PM
I think it depends on the setting.

Traditional fantasy, let Amano do it.
Sci-Fi, Nomura's your man.
That's right; Nomura's the oddball in the group because his Final Fantasy games are sci-fi, whereas Amano, Yoshida, Itahana, and everybody else are medieval-style fantasies.

>>> Nomura did some traditional fantasy designs with Dissidia, but yeah Amano is better..:luca:

That's because he was told to draw the characters in an Amano-like style. But seeing medieval-dressed Amano-created characters alongside modern/sci-fi-dressed Nomura-created characters at first seemed rather weird.

Digital Phoenix
05-17-2010, 05:23 AM
I don't really know much at all about the people behind the Square Enix games, but this Normura names come up a lot, and he seems to get a lot of hate.

The characters in Final Fantasy XIII looked fine, except for maybe Hope. Fang, Serah, Vanille, and, to a lesser extent, Lightning, were good looking. All of them seem to have weird clothing choices, though.

And I can definitely tell that someone else worked on the characters for XII. They look a lot different from XIII and X.

SuperMillionaire
05-19-2010, 07:24 PM
The characters in XII were designed by Akihiko Yoshida.