PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate Snow???

reinward
05-12-2010, 01:01 AM
hope is a little B&tch and so is lightning. I dont get why hope and lighning are such a-holes. it was pretty obvious to me that snow didnt kill Hope's mom since she chose to fight

snow seems like a passionate guy who would always have your back

im only on chapter 6 though so dont spoil anyhting for me

Shlup
05-12-2010, 01:39 AM
I don't hate Snow, I just find him boring.

Imperfectionist
05-12-2010, 01:41 AM
He looks like a goat in his picture on the menu screen. That kind of annoys me.

Rodney
05-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Honestly, I didn't hate him till my brother kept raving about him so much like he was the next best thing since sliced bread.

And even then, there was also the fact that he turned out to be exactly what Vanille said about him in her narration: He's all talk. That's it.

Mo-Nercy
05-12-2010, 02:23 AM
Every time I look at him, I want to tuck that clump of hair between his eyes back up into his beanie.

VeloZer0
05-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Hope is being a little *female dog* about the whole thing, it is obvious that it wasn't Snow's fault.

Lightning is mad at him because she never approved of him in the first place. And having what happened to Serah didn't make her mood any better.

I didn't dislike Snow, but he also didn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer. Though overall he is a decent guy, if I had to spend any time with him in real life I would probably want to punch him in the face too.

ReloadPsi
05-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Because Lightning and Snow are both things that can ruin a picnic :p

Levian
05-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Hate is a strong word, but I definitely found him annoying. Naive and cheesy are two words I'd use to describe him. He reminds me of Tidus.

kotora
05-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Snow is a retard. His brain must've stopped developing after he saw some superhero movies at age 7.

the holy meteor
05-12-2010, 05:53 PM
I feel sorry for him at times. Always getting punched by Lightning, being blamed for things he didn't do, fiance is a crystal statue, etc etc. He does seem to.. act prior to thinking, but I don't hate him :p

Aerith's Knight
05-12-2010, 05:56 PM

A thousand times this.

Imperfectionist
05-12-2010, 06:21 PM

A thousand times this.

YES! Oh my God I thought I was the only one...

Madame Adequate
05-13-2010, 12:53 PM
I hate Snow because he is a child molester, he looks like a retard, and he's some sort of inbred cross-breed that tried to replicate what was best about Tidus and Wakka and only managed to make an abomination that should be cleansed with fire.

The only time I found Hope annoying was when he didn't murder Snow.

*Devore*
05-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Why are you guys hating on Hope, he's just an angry kids who's upset about losing his mother. If I just lost my mother at that age I wouldn't just take it on the chin and move on, I'd be upset, mad, angry and looking for someone to blame. TBH, the way Hope is dealing with it is pretty normal.

I both like and dislike Snow. I like him cause he's strong, brave and has a can do attitude. I dislike him because he is all talk and theres a massize size difference between him and Serah which makes him look like a child molester.

Elpizo
05-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Why are you guys hating on Hope, he's just an angry kids who's upset about losing his mother. If I just lost my mother at that age I wouldn't just take it on the chin and move on, I'd be upset, mad, angry and looking for someone to blame. TBH, the way Hope is dealing with it is pretty normal.

Shh, people don't want realistic characters in their FF games, because then they can't whine and complain their asses off about the game. :roll2

kotora
05-13-2010, 09:38 PM

It's still annoying and annoying characters shouldn't be in a game, unless you get to kill them.

VeloZer0
05-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Shh, people don't want realistic characters in their FF games, because then they can't whine and complain their asses off about the game. :roll2

You can mock people like me all you want, but it doesn't change the fact I don't want realistic characters in my games. I deal with real people all day, when I come home and load up a game I would like to play as people I like.

*Devore*
05-14-2010, 09:48 AM
I think tha with some situations, no matter what the make the characters do, it's a lose lose situation. Because if Hope just watched his mother die, then shrugged his shoulders saying "lets go save the cocoon, Vanille". Wouldn't we all be saying "You heartless barstard. Your mother just die and you don't even shed a tear".

Elpizo
05-14-2010, 10:24 AM
What it comes down to is that people WANT to hate Hope. Either by saying he's realistic or because he's "annoying" and "whines". Really, he's been a doomed character from the day he was introduced. People saw him and said: "Yup, we'll hate him. He's a kid. He HAS to be hated! It's FF tradition! Who cares if he has a good reason or not, who cares if he's well developed, it's a kid, HATE HATE HATE!!!".

Save yourself the effort, I say, *Devore*. I've tried before, it's useless. *shrugs*

Loony BoB
05-14-2010, 11:17 AM
I liked Snow. I wasn't a fan at first, and rarely used him in my team unless I either had to or I required a sentinel, but as a character I found he had some of the best one-liners (my favourites being around the time that all the characters are finally together). I would never say he was anything like Tidus, though, who I felt combined all the bad traits of any FF character ever. Voice, intelligence, looks (girly + young looking), annoying moments, whiney, brooding, urgh. You name it, he had it done badly. Snow has some things that don't go his way - intelligence being the obvious one and he had some annoying moments, too - but at the same time, he wasn't a complete dumbass - he did, after all, cotton on to the fact that people would be massacred if they didn't fight back at the beginning of the game. He didn't spend time brooding over mistakes (well, not as much as anyone else in the game) but instead hardened himself with determination, his voice was easily one of the best in the game, his looks were far more manly than Tidus could ever be even at 40, and I don't think he really whined much at all, if ever. And Snow had better comic value with his idiocy, too, especially with the banging into a certain forcefield repeatedly throughout the story. :p

I liked pretty much all the characters, although some had poorer moments. I basically think Snow's character was one that, should I attempt to think of ways to change for the better, I would struggle to come up with them.