PDA

View Full Version : Channels

Rye
05-12-2010, 01:25 AM
My cable company took away all of my favorite channels from my TV, since it was attached to a cable box like the TV in the living room. For two years, the time that I was home from college, I'd have to watch Nick Jr and other such shows. It really sucked, because my favorite channels are TLC and Animal Planet, and WE when they have Bridezilla on. I missed my freaky medical shows and Say Yes to the Dress.

Finally, I have a cable box in my room. I... so happy. I even have HBO now!!! I can watch TV again!!!

Topic: What are the channels you watch most?

Vermachtnis
05-12-2010, 01:28 AM
TBS, Discovery, Comedy Central, and WGN.

fire_of_avalon
05-12-2010, 01:31 AM
TBS.... Comedy Central. NBC. Discovery. National Geographic.

Rye
05-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Oh yeah, Discovery Channel ftw! I'm so glad to have that one too.

I have so much TV to catch up onnn.

Raistlin
05-12-2010, 01:38 AM
I watch Fox and Comedy Central the most, and not a whole lot else. Outside of House, I don't really watch TV very consistently (I'll watch others shows, like LotS, online).

Shlup
05-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Uhh... ABC and NBC, I guess. We don't even have a converter box so we don't get any channels.

Mo-Nercy
05-12-2010, 01:45 AM
I don't think pay TV is considered as much of necessity in Australia as it may be in the States. I don't have it at the moment, but I do intend to get it someday - I want to watch Fox Sports.

Of the three commercial free-to-air networks here, I watch Channel 10 the most. I also watch One HD a lot, a free-to-air, dedicated sports channel. Best thing that's ever happened to Australian TV. xD

Quindiana Jones
05-12-2010, 02:33 AM
I was gutted when CartoonNetwork disappeared when I was a child. Worst day of my life!

But yeah, topic. I rarely watch TV nowadays. I'm pretty much just a BBC iPlayer guy. Although, if I had to say it'd be E4, terrestrials and other BBC ones. That and Dave, for some good ol' QI.

Yar
05-12-2010, 03:36 AM
NBC on Wednesday and Thursday, TVLand late at night and The Weather Channel when I wanna hear jazz music. :cool:

Agent Proto
05-12-2010, 04:09 AM
If I'm caught watching TV, I usually have one of these channels on. (Besides any local channels anyway!) Discovery Channel, TBS, BBC America (mostly for Doctor Who), Travel Channel (Man vs. Food :D) and... I think that's about it.

oddler
05-12-2010, 05:43 AM
Well, this is weird but... ESPN. I don't even like sports but it's usually on in the breakroom at work. Normally, that's the only time I watch TV at all.

G13
05-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Syfy, Cartoon Network (mostly for Adult Swim), E! (whenever The Soup is on), Comedy Central, G4. I'm usually just flipping through them though.

Citizen Bleys
05-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Space, Comedy, Showcase (for the Trailer Park Boys) and The Movie Network. I don't think any of those channels are available outside of Canada, but Space is basically SyFy reloaded, and Comedy has a lot of shows branded by the American Comedy Network.

TMN I only watch once a year for Dexter. No Showtime in Canada.

I Took the Red Pill
05-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Science Channel, Travel Channel, Discovery Channel, CNN, Cartoon Network. If I have the TV on I'm likely on one of these channels, though I don't really watch that much TV in the first place.

Breine
05-12-2010, 11:21 AM
DR1, DR2, TV2, TV2 Zulu, TV3 and Kanal 4 are probably the channels I watch the most. I also watch DR K quite a bit - it's a good culture channel.

Old Manus
05-12-2010, 12:12 PM
I only ever watch Chanel 9 Neus with Kolothos Apollonia and Poutremos Poutra-Poutros.

qwertysaur
05-12-2010, 04:55 PM
I watch mostly Discovery channel and it's group of similar channels (National geographic, Science etc.) I love learning those channels, they have so much random stuff like how locks are made and it's wonderful. Aside from those channels I watch a couple shows on Fox and Comedy Central has some fun stuff. Cartoon Network/Adult Swim might be on when I'm bored :p

NorthernChaosGod
05-12-2010, 10:50 PM
ThePirateBay :jess:

I seriously just download everything I watch.

Shoeberto
05-12-2010, 10:57 PM
The Netflix Channel!

I don't like much regular TV anymore. You never realize how much commercials suck until you watch full seasons of shows without them.