PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia on PS3?

SuperMillionaire
05-12-2010, 09:40 PM
I would have liked to have Dissidia on the PS3, and see the characters with more advanced graphics on a larger screen. The PSP has graphical qualities between that of the PS3 and PS2, but I would have liked to see characters sweating in battle on a larger screen. Of course, the game developers didn't do that because a multiplayer game mode would have to require a spilt-screen, and apparently, they didn't want that, but would you have still liked to play the game on PS3?

Mo-Nercy
05-13-2010, 01:16 AM
I wouldn't have minded if the multiplayer mode, had it been on PS3, was online only and there was no split screen. Only very few of my gaming friends enjoy fighters and none of them like Final Fantasy anyway.

But the biggest gripe I have with Dissidia is that fact that it doesn't have a true online mode - only adhoc. I suppose I could link up the PSP to the PS3 and get that Adhoc Party program to play online with people, but that's not the same as it being made for the PS3.

And to see the Story mode introduction cutscene on in full HD on a 42" TV would've been awesome.

Jessweeee♪
05-13-2010, 03:09 AM
I like having it on the go.

Mirage
05-13-2010, 08:32 PM
No, the PSP does not have "graphical qualities" between that of PS2 and PS3. The system is noticably weaker than a PS2.

But sure, I'd like to be able to play it on either PS2 or PS3.

Depression Moon
05-13-2010, 09:06 PM
would rather have the sequel on PS3.

SuperMillionaire
05-13-2010, 09:18 PM
No, the PSP does not have "graphical qualities" between that of PS2 and PS3. The system is noticably weaker than a PS2.

But sure, I'd like to be able to play it on either PS2 or PS3.

Yeah, but I never saw accurate lip-synching to spoken dialogue (in English) on the PS2 like I do on both the PSP and the PS3...

Mirage
05-13-2010, 09:42 PM
That depends entirely on how much the developers care about re-syncing when adding different languages. Using lip synching as a benchmark for hardware, are you trolling me?

SuperMillionaire
05-13-2010, 10:20 PM
That depends entirely on how much the developers care about re-syncing when adding different languages. Using lip synching as a benchmark for hardware, are you trolling me?

Why are you accusing me of trolling you? I thought it was only possible with more advanced graphics technology...

black orb
05-14-2010, 02:21 AM
>>> I would liked it for the PS2, that way I would not had wasted my money on a PSP..:luca:

Mirage
05-15-2010, 01:49 AM

Why are you accusing me of trolling you? I thought it was only possible with more advanced graphics technology...

Well, to be entirely honest with you, I think you should read up about technology a bit more before making absolute statements like you did in the first post. Especially considering the level you appear to be at.

Mercen-X
05-15-2010, 08:17 AM
I would definitly like to be able to play on the PS2/3. Hell, I'd buy the game for both systems if my progress from the PSP could be transferred to the PS2/3 memory cards (and preferrably vice versa), Imagine being able to play on the PS2 you already own, save and transfer your progress to your PSP, then (while carrying it around) you are able to load your progress onto someone's PS3 memory card and play their PS3 version of the game.

Naturally, I already expect them to release a sequel on the PS3. Square Enix likes to act as though their decisions are based purely on the reactions of their fanbase, but despite the so-so response it seems to have garnered, I'm certain Squeex with milk this "new" franchise for whatever miniscule tuppence it may be worth.

SuperMillionaire
05-15-2010, 07:02 PM

Well, to be entirely honest with you, I think you should read up about technology a bit more before making absolute statements like you did in the first post. Especially considering the level you appear to be at.

Oh... okay, sorry.

And it would certainly be nice to transfer data from the PSP to the PS3 and vice-versa.

Roogle
05-22-2010, 09:55 AM
I think it would be nice to see a Dissidia Final Fantasy title that mimicks other fighting games on a two-dimensional field. It looks like Dissidia Final Fantasy was meant to be a foray into the competitive fighting game field, but it never seemed to catch on with any mainstream community like Street Fighter or King of Fighters. Maybe another attempt at a game more closely mirroring the styles of popular fighting games on a new console would be a good idea?

SuperMillionaire
05-24-2010, 07:07 PM
If that's the case, then why don't they just make Square Enix vs Capcom?