PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Meals

Miriel
05-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Ok, so for those of you who can remember what they ate for the past week (and weirdly, a lot of people can't), can you list for me what you had to eat for lunch/dinner for the past 7 days?

I'm trying to get a sense of what normal people (assuming any of you guys are normal) eat during a regular non-special occasion week.

Last Wednesday to tonight. Go go!

Quindiana Jones
05-13-2010, 12:43 AM
There's no way I'm playing this game for my last week. It's basically been pie and buckets of duck fat. :(

Miriel
05-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Eww.

Imperfectionist
05-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Buckets of duck fat...? :barf:

I can't remember exactly... All I know is that it definately consisted of the following: Sammich with light garlic and chives Philedelphia and Quorn turkey and stuffing ham, Snack a Jacks, chopped bananas and strawberries with Nutella and Vanilla yogurt.

That is all I ever eat in the afternoon.

Quindiana Jones
05-13-2010, 12:54 AM
I'll give you the previous week, if you want? That was more my normal diet.

Marshall Banana
05-13-2010, 01:01 AM
I eat potatoes almost every day (mashed or baked), rolls (always when eating mashed potatoes), and chicken. I ate a beef + macaroni dish twice this week, but mostly I've been eating fruit (bananas and strawberries). I'll be eating grilled cheese sandwiches in a few minutes, and I wish I had tomato soup to eat with it. =(

I frequently boil egg noodles and eat a bowl of them for lunch, but I haven't yet this week. I love noodles!

Levian
05-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Geez, I'm having trouble with yesterday, there's no way I can retrace back to Wednesday. ;o

~*~Celes~*~
05-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah I have no idea xD Dinners are usually quick and easy to make things like hamburger helpers and whatnot. Too poor to eat nicely every night ;o

Bunny
05-13-2010, 01:05 AM
I could not give a definitive list because my memory is pretty horrible. I do know that there has been way too much fast food and restaurants. Dinner is not that big of a concern to me, so I do not spend a lot of effort committing the food I eat to memory. For the most part, I grab whatever I can and call it good.

For instance, the last two nights dinner has consisted mainly of sandwiches and top ramen.

Shlup
05-13-2010, 01:07 AM
I, uhm... I don't know. I usually have applesauce and cottage cheese for breakfast and fruit for lunch. Then for dinner I make a pretty normal dinner: teriyaki beef over rice; bean, rice, and cheese burritos; mac and cheese; turkey chili; steak and potatoes with a green veggie; steamed artichokes; portabello pizzas; chicken enchiladas... You know where I get my recipes from. xP

Rye
05-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Hmmmm, I'm having a hard time remember way back. =[ It's kind of weird because I just started a diet and I started my job, so my diet has drastically changed. I used to eat many sandwiches, and dinner would usually be some sort of Italian thing.

Lunch: Half of a turkey & chedder sandwich, plus a side salad with a few pieces of grilled chicken, with zero calorie Walden Farm Balsamatic vinegar.

I have an additional side salad with green peppers and a few pieces of grilled chicken that I split between my two 15 minute breaks, to stave off hunger. I'm trying the whole smaller 5 meals a day thing.

Dinner: always up in the air. I have no control over it, by the time I come home, my Mom has made dinner.

(Monday): Fried Chicken Cutlet, with string beans.
(Tuesday): Rice and pork.
(Today/Wedneday): Lasagna.

fire_of_avalon
05-13-2010, 02:04 AM
This requires me to think back. For some reason I can't ever remember what I eat. Which is probably a bad thing. I should probably keep a food diary.

I think if I start with Sunday I can do this thing.

Friday: I can't remember lunch. Supper was salad, steak and a baked potato.

Saturday: Lunch was French Toast (Cracker Barrel) Supper is something I can't remember.

Sunday: Lunch was ... I think probably something awful like a cheeseburger and fries and a coke float. Supper was carrots, potatoes, collard greens and roast beef.

Monday: Lunch was tuna and crackers, a banana, water and some cheese. Supper was Sunday leftovers.

Tuesday: Lunch was Chick Fil A. Supper was grilled chicken and salad.

Wednesday: Lunch was grilled chicken and salad. Supper was NOTHING. (yet. Probably it will be cookies or something ridiculous.)

I am excited to know Miriel's. Miriel and Del Tony eat good food.

Miriel
05-13-2010, 03:39 AM
You people have the memory of a goldfish!

Jessweeee♪
05-13-2010, 04:11 AM
Wednesday-Friday: Yogurt or a muffin for breakfast, orange chicken with white rice or a sub for dinner.
Saturday: No breakfast; had some taquitos and cookies and junk at a party
Sunday: No breakfast; had a little bit of fish, a little bit of steak, and some carrots with cordon bleu sauce
Monday: Had an apple for breakfast, I forget what I ate for dinner.
Tuesday/Wednesday: Chilli mac for dinner, no breakfast

This has made me realize how little I eat when I'm at home. Notice the transition from Friday to Saturday, when I finished school! And they worried about me eating when I said I was going to school four hours away.

Tavrobel
05-13-2010, 04:14 AM
I'm a college student, and therefore, I did not eat in the last week.

Shlup
05-13-2010, 04:45 AM
I need a better chili recipe than this bland Jessica Seinfeld bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Necronopticous
05-13-2010, 05:42 AM
This represents a pretty standard work day for me:

<center><table id="bld_table"><tr><th colspan="2"><b>Breakfast</b></th></tr><tr><td>2 Large Eggs</td><td>75</td></tr><tr><td>2 tsp unsalted butter</td><td>70</td></tr><tr><td>2 tsp milk</td><td>5</td></tr><tr><td>2 pan-fried slices bacon</td><td>150</td></tr><tr><td>1 cup mandarin oranges</td><td>80</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">seasoned pepper</td></tr><tr><td style="height:30px"></td></tr><tr><th colspan="2"><b>Lunch</b></th></tr><tr><td>6" Subway sandwich<ul><li>white bread</li><li>turkey breast</li><li>light lettuce</li><li>light spinach</li><li>tomatoes</li><li>red onion</li><li>avocado</li><li>salt & pepper</li></ul></td><td>400</td></tr><tr><td style="height:30px"></td></tr><tr><th colspan="2"><b>Dinner</b></th></tr><tr><td>Salad<ul><li>iceberg</li><li>romaine</li><li>red onion</li><li>green apple</li><li>red/yellow/green pepper</li><li>cherry tomatoes</li><li>imported balsamic vinegar</li><li>garlic salt & seasoned pepper</li></ul></td><td>150</td></tr></table></center>

qwertysaur
05-13-2010, 01:55 PM
I'll only list dinners :p
Thursday: Fried Chicken Cutlet and Rice leftovers from the day before
Friday: Roasted Chicken and Matzo ball soup (Shabbat dinner :D)
Saturday: We ordered Pizza
Sunday: Some Italian pasta dish that I have no idea how to spell let alone pronounce :|
Monday: 6 inch Subway Sammich and leftovers from Sunday's dinner
Tuesday: Waffles. Breakfast for dinner is wonderful once in a while :p
Wednesday: Grandmas Chicken cutlets with spaghetti. Grandma makes the BEST chicken cutlets :D

On Wednesday and Thursday we usually order take out because of time constraints or
Grandma invites us over for dinner. She is a stereotypical Jewish grandma in that she always tries to get you to eat more. :p

Madame Adequate
05-13-2010, 02:07 PM
This was a 'special occasion' week, because it was finals week, so I felt relatively lazy more often than normal.

I must have had a fair number of sammiches, I had pasta three times, and I had takeout thrice (Usually it's only once or twice a week). Last night I pigged out and had larger takeout than usual because it was my last exam. Ever. :p

On top of this is snacking both healthy (Had a particularly nice bunch of bananas this week) and not (Potato chips lol).

missaira
05-13-2010, 02:08 PM
dinners as far back as i can remember:

sat- lamb shanks
sun- chicken and boiled potato
mon- homemade pizza
tues- stew and rice
wed- two-minute noodles mixed with tuna
thurs- chinese takeaway

kotora
05-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah I have no idea xD Dinners are usually quick and easy to make things like hamburger helpers and whatnot. Too poor to eat nicely every night ;o

Yes, because buying vegetables and potatoes for a few bucks per kg is much more expensive than junkfood that's like a few bucks per hamburger.

unless by 'poor' you meant 'poor math skills'

Rye
05-13-2010, 03:55 PM

Yes, because buying vegetables and potatoes for a few bucks per kg is much more expensive than junkfood that's like a few bucks per hamburger.

unless by 'poor' you meant 'poor math skills'

kotora, knock it off. Why do you feel the need to insult people every time they mention that they eat something other than a legume?

kotora
05-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Don't get so butthurt over nothing. I'm just pointing out that her reasoning is flawed. Commenting on one's lack of math skills is also hardly an insult.

KentaRawr!
05-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Don't get so butthurt over nothing. I'm just pointing out that her reasoning is flawed. Commenting on one's lack of math skills is also hardly an insult.

Well your avatar only has one eye so there.

Rye
05-13-2010, 04:08 PM

And making assumptions about her finances and making judgments where they're not wanted. I think that's insulting.

Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining, kotora. I'm not an idiot. You're skating on thin ice. Don't make us remind you again about showing other members respect. I'm warning you.

Let's get back on topic now.

Shoeberto
05-13-2010, 04:27 PM
kotora, you pretty much have been an unsolicited dick to basically everyone who makes the slightest slip-up for a while now. Don't try and play it off.

Last Wednesday, it was finals, and I was getting ready to move, so I was both lazy and didn't have much on-hand. So, I think for lunch and dinner, it was either hot dogs or a sandwich with chips.

Thursday was also a sandwich for lunch, and my parents and I ate out for dinner. I had chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and rolls.

Friday, we were working on limited time, so I had a cinnamon roll that my parents made for breakfast, and then that night we ate at a buffet on the road. I don't really remember much of what I got other than shrimp and mashed potatoes.

Saturday, likewise, I didn't eat much. I had some of the free breakfast at the Holiday Inn we stayed at, but we didn't stop for food until we got home after that. By then we were all exhausted, so dinner was Papa John's.

Sunday: I made something for lunch but I don't remember what, so it was likely either canned or a sandwich. For dinner, we had steak and fried potatoes.

Monday: Lunch was at my grandma's. She made hot ham and cheese sandwiches with a side salad and chips. Dinner was pot roast with carrots and potatoes.

Tuesday: I was out of town visiting someone, and we got Chinese for lunch/dinner. Didn't really eat anything after that.

Wednesday: I think I just threw together some Easy Mac for lunch. Dinner was steak and mashed potatoes.

When I'm with my parents, we eat a lot of beef and potatoes. On my own, I make a lot of chicken and light sides for dinners. Lunches are always something fast and easy, like cans of soup or sandwiches.

Zeldy
05-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh man xD My diet's rather poor.

This last week I've had 3 McDonalds' and a Subway dinner. In the space of a week. Add to that about 9 bottles of Dr Pepper and you have my diet.