PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of Sora

Mercen-X
05-13-2010, 04:57 PM
This probably belongs in some kind of "weird dream" thread, but since the theme of it felt KH to me, I figured I'd put it here.

It was a dream. It was a bit neat but mostly frustrating.

I was playing as KH1 Sora (or maybe Limit Form). It was in a bluish cavern (night sequence) with slightly raised areas for height advantage. At first, I didn't recognize his keyblade and don't remember how to describe it. But then it became the Lionheart. Perhaps a sign that Sora could change keyblades mid-battle?
Unfortunately, his opponent could do the same. Growth Sora (can't think of what to call him... maybe it was Vanitas) was dressed in an outfit that reminded me of Shuyin from FFX-2 only asymetrical and red seemed to stand out to me on his gloves and bracers. The rest of his outfit seemed dark. His eyes were blue with dark circles (like Halloweentown Sora) and he had fangs. But then there were times that KH1 Sora began to resemble Anti-Form Sora (except with a keyblade).
At first, I only noticed one keyblade. It looked like either the Way to Dawn or Tidus's Brotherhood or Seifer's Hyperion. It was dark is all I can say.
After a while of me jumping from a raised area to attack "Vanitas" with a forward-flipping drop-slash, he finally learned to get away from the wall. Although this enemy was behaving pretty randomly and very slowly, somehow I could tell I was still losing. Looking at my lifebar it seemed to be dwindling away. "Vanitas" didn't even have a lifebar. At one point, I'm pretty sure he cast poison on me.
The next thing I noticed was that he was suddenly wielding a second keyblade. (couldn't have been Vanitas... could it?) This one was shaped like a huge shard of jagged ice, it's three "teeth" stretch down along the back of the keyblade. Then I noticed his original blade had changed. It was now a sword wrapped in a bladed shield nearly as large as he was (just his shins, head and shoulders could be seen from the side). Spartan? It's color had a gradual shift, but then so did he and his other blades. The only consistently colored object was a longer version of the Kingdom Key he wore on his back.

The camera's-eye-view turned away from the scene toward some kind of dwelling (reminded me of Santa's workshop from Halloweentown) and a man seemed to be watching Sora fight Vanitas. At first, from the distance, his outfit seemed to give away that it was Master Xehanort. Getting closer, he changed. His outfit was more similar to Riku's from KH2 except he didn't wear an armbrace. He had pointed ears and dark hair with a slight blue tint. His face still reminded me of Master Xehanort from what I've seen of him (including his yellow eyes). He turned away and headed into the dwelling and stretched out his arm sending a current of electricity into the wall. I don't know why as I woke up too soon. I did manage to see him turn around once more to face me (the cameraman) with some kind of smirk.

Anyway, yeah I've only played KH, KH2, beaten Sora's path on CoM, and played through some of Days, so any other information I have is from vids and the internet.
I haven't even played Kingdom Hearts lately, so I don't really get why I had a dream about it.

I'm not really sure what my point is here, I just thought the sequence sounded interesting. Anyone agree? Wanna psychoanalyze me? Anyone else have KH (or video-game) dreams?

Tavrobel
05-13-2010, 08:52 PM
I think that your synapses have a strong sense of humor.

Jessweeee♪
05-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Perhaps five years ago Roxas joined our boards?!

Mercen-X
05-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Whoa... mind trip!

Hot Shot
05-17-2010, 11:03 PM
...Awesome! Let's just hope that KH3 is like this because that sounds pretty sweet!