PDA

View Full Version : FOR THE LOVE OF SMURF, WHO PUT THIS SMURFING TABLE HERE?!?

Unbreakable Will
05-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I just stubbed the smurf out of my big toe, it's now bruised and hurts like a bitch. I also have two huge scabs on the backs of my ankles from where wet shoes took all the skin off.

How have you injured yourself lately? What was your worst injury ever?

Shorty
05-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Coffee tables are just the worst. I am constantly banging into them and bruising my legs.

My grandest injury, though is when I skimmed past a glass coffee table that had a chip on the corner of it. The result was a crimson towel, stained carpet, trip to the emergency room, and thirty-two stitches - sixteen on my muscle, sixteen on my skin.

Also. My grandmother dumped a bottle of cayenne pepper on the wound to try and stop it from bleeding. That hurt worse than the injury itself.

Bunny
05-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Also. My grandmother dumped a bottle of cayenne pepper on the wound to try and stop it from bleeding. That hurt worse than the injury itself.

Your grandmother is clearly a very intelligent woman capable of solving issues far beyond the comprehension of most people. I applaud her unique and well-meaning efforts.

My worst injury was when I split my head open several times.

NorthernChaosGod
05-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Um, does being blasted in the face with pepper spray count?

If not, then either the time I nearly broke my arm or busted open the corner of my eye.

Shorty
05-13-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm curious as to the reason someone felt they needed to douse you in the face with pepper spray.

Vermachtnis
05-13-2010, 10:55 PM
When I was nine I fell out of a tree and broke my head.

NorthernChaosGod
05-13-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm curious as to the reason someone felt they needed to douse you in the face with pepper spray.

It was a dare, I did it voluntarily.

Unbreakable Will
05-13-2010, 11:53 PM

*facepalm*

Bunny
05-14-2010, 12:06 AM
In the military, sometimes you'll get volunteered for policing duty. One of the training tasks is to appropriately withstand pepper spray to the face.

NorthernChaosGod
05-14-2010, 12:08 AM

*facepalm*

I am now tougher than you, so :P

fire_of_avalon
05-14-2010, 12:12 AM
My bad, dude.

I've never had a very serious injury. My most recent one was sunburn.

~*~Celes~*~
05-14-2010, 12:15 AM
I sliced my finger with scissors. :aimblush: halfway around the top part of the finger. I was in a major panic cause i couldn't stop it from bleeding so I ran it under water, which made it bleed even more. This happened about 2 months ago :D

Mo-Nercy
05-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I get random cuts and scrapes on myself when I trip over all the time because I usually wear thongs.

But my worse injury isn't even that bad. Broke my collarbone pulling off a try-saving tackle in a game of rugby. Not worth it. We still lost by more than 30 points.

~*~Celes~*~
05-14-2010, 12:18 AM
I get random cuts and scrapes on myself when I trip over all the time because I usually wear thongs.

Whoever reads this and doesn't know what "thongs" are to you is going to crack up immensely and/or demand pix.

Imperfectionist
05-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Haha it actually took me a second to realise what he was on about :p I was trying to figure out how someone could go from tripping over to cutting themselves on their thong in one swift movement.

Momiji
05-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Broke my leftmost toe into a 90-degree angle running into a doorway once.

fire_of_avalon
05-14-2010, 12:41 AM
:stare:

~*~Celes~*~
05-14-2010, 12:51 AM
omg these stories make me hurt D:

Momiji
05-14-2010, 12:52 AM
:stare:

And this is why parents say 'Don't run in the house'.

Mo-Nercy
05-14-2010, 03:05 AM

Whoever reads this and doesn't know what "thongs" are to you is going to crack up immensely and/or demand pix.

Haha it actually took me a second to realise what he was on about :p I was trying to figure out how someone could go from tripping over to cutting themselves on their thong in one swift movement.
Flip-flops!

Shorty
05-14-2010, 03:14 AM

I don't know which would be worse - voluntarily doing it, or doing something to actually deserve it.

Also, my finger was stepped on with an ice skate once. That stitched up nicely.

NorthernChaosGod
05-14-2010, 04:53 AM
Probably voluntarily doing it, I would imagine adrenaline would help if you deserved it.

I definitely went into it ill prepared.

Jiro
05-14-2010, 12:18 PM
The nastiest looking injury I ever had was a bamboo pole to the face/eye (between my eye and my nose -- yeah that tiny area) which made my eye swell up and the right hand side of my face go black. I thought I was blind for a while there! D:

Loony BoB
05-14-2010, 12:49 PM
My worst injury was probably when I was sitting in a car and it ran me over, grinding my leg/ankle into the gravel road to the point that my bones and muscle were completely removed/ground away. Either that or when my finger got slammed into a car door and I got a blood blister underneath my fingerna-- ...yeah, probably the car thing.

Madame Adequate
05-14-2010, 01:01 PM

"Hey dude I dare you to touch that girl's boobs"
"Okay you're on"
"AAAAAAAAAGHHHHH OH GOD THE PAIN"

Loony BoB
05-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Hahaha, yeah. And I have no idea how pepper spraying yourself is supposed to make you tougher than someone else. I always thought it just made you a little more likely to win one of those Darwin Awards.

Unbreakable Will
05-14-2010, 05:19 PM
My worst injury was probably when I was sitting in a car and it ran me over, grinding my leg/ankle into the gravel road to the point that my bones and muscle were completely removed/ground away. Either that or when my finger got slammed into a car door and I got a blood blister underneath my fingerna-- ...yeah, probably the car thing.
O_o ow BoB, that sounds..horrific.

~*~Celes~*~
05-14-2010, 05:23 PM
BoB how do you even walk now D: *vomits*

Zeldy
05-14-2010, 05:38 PM
I've not got any stories like this! It saddens me so much I want to purposely go and stub my toe.

I sliced my stomach pretty much open climbing over a fence once. The funny thing is, the fence wasn't even sharp or to a point, it had a curved point but I ended up with a horrible slice when I lost balance climbing over! Ouuuuuch.

NorthernChaosGod
05-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Hahaha, yeah. And I have no idea how pepper spraying yourself is supposed to make you tougher than someone else. I always thought it just made you a little more likely to win one of those Darwin Awards.

Well... I had to see how it felt a second time.

It really didn't hurt quite as much, I have a higher tolerance for pain than most of you. So there. :colbert:

Jiro
05-16-2010, 07:51 AM
This thread reminds me of that advice dog where you put a toothpick underneath your toenail and kick it against a wall.

Unbreakable Will
05-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Oh god!!! That made me cringe. *shudders*

NorthernChaosGod
05-16-2010, 03:18 PM
This thread reminds me of that advice dog where you put a toothpick underneath your toenail and kick it against a wall.

You tried it, didn't you? :p

Imperfectionist
05-16-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't think i've ever injured myself that badly but my best friend was on the phone once so she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing. She put her thumb in the gap in a door (the side with the hinges) and then without realising, slammed it shut because she was getting angry at the person she was talking to.

She ended up slicing her thumb off :(

Faris
05-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Recent: I shifted something in my middle spine back area and I have shooting pain mainly in my lower and middle back. I've been to the Chiropractor every day since Thursday because of it and I can't work for a bit.

Worst: Down between this and my sprained ankle last year.

Iceglow
05-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Also, my finger was stepped on with an ice skate once. That stitched up nicely.

When I was a kid, the three fingers, middle - little finger of my right hand were stepped on by an ice rink steward in ice hockey boots. Thankfully he was out on the ice before he prepared (and I was down on the ice for the same reason) that there was a large group of carers/parents and small children in the ice rink skating everywhere and anywhere causing mass chaos in there. If he had prepared properly including grinding his blades sharp again he would have actually amputated all 3 of my fingers according to the doctor. As it was I escaped with 3 broken fingers what now permantly dip at the middle finger knuckle in a dead straight line across all 3. I was lucky, you were too imho.

I don't think i've ever injured myself that badly but my best friend was on the phone once so she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing. She put her thumb in the gap in a door (the side with the hinges) and then without realising, slammed it shut because she was getting angry at the person she was talking to.

She ended up slicing her thumb off :(

Just how man? Seriously most doors = wood and believe me I would know, most doors if they slam on something will possibly break the bone but it wouldn't normally slice something off, it would crush the edge of the door since most of them are made of soft woods.

My worst sustained injury is when my upper jaw got shattered. It was something I took kinda knowing I was going to lose the fight but still I wasn't prepared for that.

Unbreakable Will
05-17-2010, 06:06 AM
For my own bit, Im not really sure of my worst injury but I do know the most painful.
When I was a kid I was rollerblading around the yard, well the sidewalk around the yard area, and I went down a hill and fell, scraping my shins and knees for a good twenty or so feet. The result being skin missing in most of the area from my knees down to my ankles. Lots of medical gauze and neosporin and dear sweet jesus they poured alcohol on my legs...pants were a bitch too.
For such a clumsy guy I've actually avoided serious injury.

Jessweeee♪
05-17-2010, 06:09 AM
The worst I ever got was a nasty elbow scrape when I fell down running. It wasn't a big deal or anything, I've just been lucky xD

*knock on wood*

Jiro
05-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Careful of splinters there Jessweeee♪

Loony BoB
05-17-2010, 11:21 AM
BoB how do you even walk now D: *vomits*
With ease! They took muscle from my back and skin from my hip to replace what went missing, and scar tissue was used to give off the 'bulge' look that my inner anklebone used to provide. The other bones that were only partially ground away (the joint of my ankle itself) were also repairable. It's amazing what they can do these days, I must have had terrific doctors because I can play sport these days alright when I want to. I have two massive scars to show for it, though. One from below my "anklebone" to halfway up my calf, the other from the cut they made to get the shoulder muscle out which goes from the arm-end of my armpit to near the bottom of my ribcage on my right side.

I tell most people a shark did it. A lot of them believe me. xD

NorthernChaosGod
05-17-2010, 06:47 PM
I demand you post pictures of your scars.

Loony BoB
05-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I did. In that scars thread... :p Not great pics mind you. It's difficult to get good ribs of them for some reason. Maybe I'll try again sometime.

NorthernChaosGod
05-18-2010, 07:38 PM
That you did, I had to go back and check. It might be the pictures, but they don't look very bad.

Loony BoB
05-18-2010, 07:43 PM
It was 11 or so years ago, so all you tend to see in photos these days is a shiny looking patch of skin. :) I assure you, at the time the damage was done, it looked pretty bad - but then, looking at the white of about half of your tibia (shinbone) surrounded by blood and gravel tends to look that way when you didn't, er, plan on seeing it at all. :p

NorthernChaosGod
05-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Right, right. That sounds awful.

Loony BoB
05-18-2010, 10:34 PM
You know, when it happens, all I could think about is "Get me to the A&E" and once there "Anaestheeeeeeetiiiiiiiiiic" xD

NorthernChaosGod
05-18-2010, 10:44 PM
So did they give you lots of painkillers?

Loony BoB
05-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Anaesthetic. =] I've been knocked out with that stuff so often that they can pretty much pinpoint how much is required to put me out for a pretty precise time these days. When I had four teeth removed, I pointed this out and they put me out for that, too, which isn't normal - usually they just do local anaesthetic. I looooove anaesthetic, it's one of the best inventions/discoveries/things ever. :D

After the operation (11 hours + 6 hours later on, If I remember right), I had a morphine button but it didn't really work well for me and I found that when I stopped using it, I felt better.

Miriel
05-19-2010, 10:04 AM

Oh my god. OH MY GOD. Omg. :( :( :(

NorthernChaosGod
05-19-2010, 04:55 PM
I think we have a House in the making. :p

I want a morphine button. :(