PDA

View Full Version : ff7 cured me :P

geektreat
05-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Hello wonderful people of this forum,

My name is Jimmy or geektreat on the interwebs :) .
I recently stumbled upon these lovely forums a few days ago. Iv been ill this past week and to occupy myself while not being at work I decided to start a video game, this of course was final fantasy 7. Now I love this game and i adore everything about it from the humour to the still pretty epic fmv scenes but ever since i first got the game around 10 years ago i believe, i have never got past or anywhere near the end of the first disc id always either get stuck or get busy with other games or school etc well that was the case until now. Unfortunately iv had to use a guide in a few places but im very proud to say im around halfway through disc2 and loving it.

The above expearience has really re-light my love and passion for the series so yeah consider this a hello and a tiny back story of how i got here.

Jimmy-

PS. sorry about the terrible grammar and punctuation.

oddler
05-14-2010, 07:36 PM
The game is a masterpiece, as is your post, geektreat. Do not be ashamed of it. :choc2:

geektreat
05-14-2010, 09:43 PM
well thank you for the wonderful words, everyone seems extra nice here no flaming lots of good humor i hope to be very active here.. anyway back to ff7 :)

Jimmy-

BarelySeeAtAll
05-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Why constrict to just FFVII? ^____________________^ it's the best of all worlds here. What other things you in to? :)

geektreat
05-15-2010, 10:40 AM
hhhm let me see i collect video games for many consoles.
I love music mainly Punk, ska and harcore etc
I have a yoututbe account with videos...that are not great haha but its still a lot of fun.
I love FFVII but am allready looking forward to the end in a way then i can wade through the rest of the series :)

not sure what else to say... any questions?

Jimmy-

BarelySeeAtAll
05-15-2010, 05:54 PM
That's all pretty awesome :) Hey, you've heard of Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core haven't you? xD I don't want to burst your happy bubble but that came before FFVII :D

Hope you have fun here (: Glad you don't seem the typical noob, too. Congratulations!

Skyblade
05-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Crisis Core came after FFVII. It was a prequel. It was released long after the original game, but the events take place before the events of the original game. Don't confuse the poor gentleman.

I wouldn't recommend Crisis Core, to be honest. There is a good deal of the plot that Square retcons for no reason. The majority of the characters are poorly done (although the ones that are well-done are great), and the gameplay is a drastic change from the standard Final Fantasy gameplay. It's not necessarily a bad game, but I do not feel as though it did justice to the series (or FFVII).

Welcome to the forum.

BarelySeeAtAll
05-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Aha my apologies! I thought by series he meant the FFVII ones, not FF on a whole. Sorry for the confusion!

On a side note, I quite liked CC o.e....it did veer toward a different path of gameplay admittedly but then again so did DoC. . .yet again that isn't worth mentioning.

Sorry again!! :D

Jiro
05-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Welcome dude! I've never finished FFVII either, but as chance has it I am just about to start a new game RIGHT NOW. I'll race you to the end, good luck! :D

geektreat
05-16-2010, 05:04 PM
That's all pretty awesome :) Hey, you've heard of Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core haven't you? xD I don't want to burst your happy bubble but that came before FFVII :D

Hope you have fun here (: Glad you don't seem the typical noob, too. Congratulations!

yup ive heard of it watched reviews etc but think its something i would appreciate more after playing through ff7, also thanks for the noob-less congrats haha :)

Skyblade Crisis Core came after FFVII. It was a prequel. It was released long after the original game, but the events take place before the events of the original game. Don't confuse the poor gentleman.

I wouldn't recommend Crisis Core, to be honest. There is a good deal of the plot that Square retcons for no reason. The majority of the characters are poorly done (although the ones that are well-done are great), and the gameplay is a drastic change from the standard Final Fantasy gameplay. It's not necessarily a bad game, but I do not feel as though it did justice to the series (or FFVII).

Welcome to the forum.

thanks for the welcome and info on the game ill keep it in mind when i eventually pick it up :)

Jiro Welcome dude! I've never finished FFVII either, but as chance has it I am just about to start a new game RIGHT NOW. I'll race you to the end, good luck! :D

cheers Jiro hope you get to finish FFVII ive started the game so many times and am looking forward to end imo its just such a great story :)

Thanks again everyone

Jimmy-

Levian
05-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Since you're on Disc 2 now, I have to ask you a question about Disc 1.

Did you know about the death at the end of Disc 1 before it happened? Was it spoiled to you somehow? If so, was it spoiled a long time ago or recently?

Welcome to our humble forums. ;)

geektreat
05-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Since you're on Disc 2 now, I have to ask you a question about Disc 1.

Did you know about the death at the end of Disc 1 before it happened? Was it spoiled to you somehow? If so, was it spoiled a long time ago or recently?

Welcome to our humble forums. ;)

thanks for the welcome , and yes unfortunately i had heard about...that after i first played it but before i got past it ..if that makes sense but yeh it took away from the shock but still a pretty epic scene

Jimmy-

HVD-7007
06-02-2010, 02:53 PM
man i would love to play FFVII i had acopy of Dirge of Ceberus but i have lost it :/ sucks

vinnie's mini's
06-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Hey there, welcome to the forums!

I've recently started replaying FF7 too! :D I've never gotten past disc 1 before (I have now though) so I've got the whole game to see. ;D I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am.

xxx