PDA

View Full Version : Maiden of the Planet

Shishikabob
05-15-2010, 06:39 AM
So I finally buckled down and read all of Maiden of the Planet, and personally, I really enjoyed it. It gave me a feeling that the OTWTASs didn't give me. I think what I like most about it, is it puts you in a good mood. Alot of the Cases of are just depressing, with reason yes, but still I don't like reading depressing stuff all the time. Maiden is a lot more upbeat and just more fun to read. Everyone seemed to be in character too, I know I've heard that some were OOC, but I disagree completely. Aerith seemed like Aerith and so on. Everything flowed nicely. I actually wanted it to keep going and TBH I feel bad for not having read it sooner

Seriously, why is Maiden so shat upon? What did you guys think about it?

Also I'm not really asking about whether or not it's canon, just if you liked it or not.

Mercen-X
05-15-2010, 09:02 AM
It gave me a feeling that the OTWTASs didn't give me.
Wha..?:confused:

PeneloRatsbane
05-15-2010, 08:50 PM
I like those, but the Case of Yuffie one is seriously a pile of turd. It reads like a crappy Fanfic and makes the people of Wutai seem like ill educated peasants.

Shishikabob
11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
BUMP. So how many of you have read this? This novella by Benny Matsuyama was released with the Ultimania Omega. It focuses on what happened to Aerith after she was killed and how she got the lifestream going to stop meteor and everything. Personally, I love it. I think it's one of the best FFVII novella's written. If you haven't read it, here you go:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Web Novel - Hoshi wo Meguru Otome - The Maiden who Travels the Planet (http://ffviinovels.lhyeung.net/maiden/)

What is everyone's thoughts on it? This novella tends to get looked over a lot and I personally hate that. I've even heard people try to say it's not canon... nothing else that Benny wrote for Square has ever been questioned so I fail to see why this is. There's no contradictions in it or anything ...I'm curious, do you guys here think it's canon? Do you like the story?

... just felt like talking about it.

kotora
11-21-2010, 01:44 PM
It's not canon because it hasn't been confirmed by the original creators to be canon I guess. Plus, it kinda sucks, both the writing and the story.

and I also wonder about the whole maiden thing. Pretty sure a virile young soldier like Zack would've hit that thang

Shishikabob
11-22-2010, 09:52 AM
How is publishing something in an Ultimania not making it canon?

kotora
11-22-2010, 10:28 AM
I guess that does make it canon. It's still super cheesy though.

Roogle
11-22-2010, 05:48 PM
It gave me a feeling that the OTWTASs didn't give me.
Wha..?:confused:

Shishikabob is referring to a collection of short stories called On The Way To a Smile. The stories take place after the events of Final Fantasy VII.

Crop
11-22-2010, 06:43 PM
How is publishing something in an Ultimania not making it canon?

They also say FFX and VII are linked in the Ultimania, but that's still a load of tripe. When something really stupid is made into canon and it has totally no real connection to the story, then you don't have to believe it.
If they wrote that Barrett was really an alien from FFX who can live for millions of years and was sent to protect Cloud, would you take it seriously just because it was written in the Ultimania?

I know I ranted a little, but I'll take any excuse to talk about how totally and utterly stupid it was to try and link X and VII.

Mirage
11-22-2010, 08:40 PM
FFX-2 links it too!

Shaibana
03-11-2011, 10:31 AM
ooeehh u got me curious now!!
Surely gonna read it :o

G13
03-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Please don't revive old threads, Shaibana. This badboy's been dead nearly five months.