PDA

View Full Version : When the animations just don't quite work. (Spoilers)

MJN SEIFER
05-15-2010, 01:04 PM
I love the FF games, but sometimes no matter how good the graphics are, sometimes the animation doesn't quite potray the impression it should (this is sometimes - not always, because of the fact that the game is waiting for you respond, and therefore needs to keep repeating the same animation). Examples I can think off are;

FFVII: Sephiroth's "Fight" With Tifa - To me, it looks like they're having a dance and then he suddenly hits her with his sword, the fact that she seams to bounce BEFORE she hits the step is also strange.

FFVIII: Rinoa needs saving - From the Iguions of course, but hang on? Does she really need help? They don't seam to be attacking her at all - In fact, they look kind of... "playful":jess:

FFVII: Cloud goes "slap happy" on Aeris - Temple of Ancients, this animation was so bad, for years I had no idea what he was doing! I catually thought that people were making it up when they mentioned it...

ReloadPsi
05-15-2010, 02:28 PM
FFVII: Squat thrusts - I have never seen anyone do squat thrusts so slowly and in such a strange motion. It's peculiar.

FFVIII: Zell jacking off in numerous situations - Whenever Zell squats on the floor. It's just... ouch. Also when he goes to use an item in battle: on one occasion my CD skipped and he just stood there for about fifteen seconds wiggling his arm back and forth with his hand in his pants. Eventually he did pull his arm out and threw something white all over the party that somehow raised their HP. Nasty stuff.

FFVII: Sephiroth's wade - I wouldn't even call it a cocky swagger as it just looks like he's wading through four feet of swamp. He should take lessons from Cid; that man knows how to strut.

FFVII: Yuffie doing pretty much anything - Though the most confusing has to be when she waves her arm at someone three times. Is she pretending to toss shurikens? I don't get it.

black orb
05-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Also when he goes to use an item in battle: on one occasion my CD skipped and he just stood there for about fifteen seconds wiggling his arm back and forth with his hand in his pants. Eventually he did pull his arm out and threw something white all over the party that somehow raised their HP. Nasty stuff.
>>> Lol..:luca:

Skyblade
05-15-2010, 07:00 PM
FFVII: Sephiroth's wade - I wouldn't even call it a cocky swagger as it just looks like he's wading through four feet of swamp. He should take lessons from Cid; that man knows how to strut.

I loved this one. So classic.

FFVII: Yuffie doing pretty much anything - Though the most confusing has to be when she waves her arm at someone three times. Is she pretending to toss shurikens? I don't get it.

I think she's supposed to be shadowboxing.