PDA

View Full Version : DSi and Regions

Ezme
05-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Ok so maybe it was all a dream but isn't the DSi region free?

I seem to have accidently bought the american version of New Super Mario Bros DS and when I load it it tells me an error as happened and to restart the DSi and check the manual :( Now the manual is in the garage with all non-essential bits and bobs and I'm lazy :p Can anyone help? Or am I screwed?

Sephiroth
05-15-2010, 10:07 PM
"DSi software (software that is only compatible with DSi) is region locked, eg: European DSi software can only be played on European DSi consoles," a Nintendo spokesperson has told CVG.

[!][video][/!] They confirmed that this means BOTH download-able games and future DSi-only cartridge-based games would be region locked.

(javascript:screens_popup(205239);)
"Nintendo DS software however is region free so you can play any DS software on DSi from any region. You can also browse the Internet on your DSi wherever you are in the world and exchange your photos with friends from around the world."

Ezme
05-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks for that. Looks like I'm up the creak then! *cries* I wanted to play mario :( This is actually the 2nd time I've bought it! First time was on ebay and it never showed (got money back, thanks paypal!) and now this!

Momiji
05-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Pretty much. The DSi works like any other DS. The DSiWare is all that's regionlocked.