PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Elixers

Shin Gouken
05-17-2010, 12:38 PM
I have no idea if this works, i simply copied and pasted it from gamefaqs. Seeing as i have no intention of playing it again, i thought someone here could verify this

Setup:
Lightning/Sazh/Hope
You MUST have Lightning as your Party Leader.

Paradigms:
COM/SYN/SYN
COM/COM/RAV

RECOMMENDED:
-Upgrade Axis Blade for Lightning to a max level Enkindler.
-Add accessories that boost ATB Rate% for every character including Lightning. Speed is vital here.
-Having the COM role open for Hope works too, but RAV works just fine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.) Attack an enemy that's capable of killing all 3 characters at once. AoE/Area attacks such as the -ga spells are important here (Adamantoise/Long Gui/High level Marks)
2.) Start in COM/SYN/SYN. Fill up 5 Attack bars, but don't attack the enemy yet. Wait until Sazh and Hope buff everyone with Haste.
3.) Once buffed with Haste, switch to COM/COM/RAV
4.) Attack the enemy until your characters are in Critical HP. (If one character is going to die before the others, [namely Hope] use a potion on them or just equip them with Accessories to even out the damage such as a Gaian Ring if you're fighting an Adamantoise.)

5.) Make sure Lightning is using Attack and not Ruin/Ruinga when the enemy is going to kill her. This will ensure that Lightning is closest to the enemy and will get hit by the area attack. You just have to time it so that all 3 characters would die at the same time.
6.) Right before the enemy attack lands and kills Lightning, use an Elixir and IMMEDIATELY press Start>Retry. (The Elixir doesn't even have to heal, you just have to use it.)
7.) If done successfully, you should have one additional Elixir in your inventory.
8.) Rinse and repeat for as many Elixirs/Items as you want.

Karifean
05-17-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't quite get it - does the enemy attack have to land and kill everyone before you hit retry? And does it have to interrupt the usage of the elixir?
Also, wtf use a potion on Hope? Doesn't a potion simply heal everybody?
Also, why is speed so important? And the party setup?

Edit: Okay just discovered the source through Google:
Link (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasy13/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-54795013&pid=928790)
That answered most of my questions... except for why the hell you need so much speed. Does he think you can only use items with a full ATB gauge?

NeoCracker
05-17-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm going to take a guess and say they just figured out, to an extent, how the random number generator works.

Rozaheku
05-17-2010, 04:37 PM
It sounds more like a glitch to me.

Skyblade
05-17-2010, 11:20 PM
It's a glitch of the game's retry function. It works because when you select Retry, the game refunds you all items used in the battle (including Veils). However, because the hit lands before the item is used, it misregisters the item use. It triggers it as "never used" because you died first, and it triggers the refund because the item is selected. So you get an extra when you retry.

Shin Gouken
05-18-2010, 08:07 AM
It's a glitch of the game's retry function. It works because when you select Retry, the game refunds you all items used in the battle (including Veils). However, because the hit lands before the item is used, it misregisters the item use. It triggers it as "never used" because you died first, and it triggers the refund because the item is selected. So you get an extra when you retry.

So it's confirmed it actually works?

Karifean
05-18-2010, 08:48 AM
I can't get it to work. I'm fighting the Adamantoise in Leviathan Plaza and all my characters die when the Adamantoise stomps a 2nd time. No matter what I try, using the Elixir just before the stomp and retrying instantly through Start -> Retry or dying and then retrying. I suppose the problem is that Hope just doesn't receive any damage from the 2nd stomp, at least not before I go Game Over. Sazh does, though.
My guess is that it isn't really "used" because all targets were suddenly dead, but the game still thinks you used one and you "get it back".

Skyblade
05-18-2010, 09:57 PM

So it's confirmed it actually works?

Nope. But I have seen a huge number of similar glitches before, and can guarantee that if it does work, that is why.

I'm not going to confirm this. It would require using the Retry function. It wants me to get a Game Over and not just instantly reload the save file?

Future Esthar
05-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Another glitch people can take advantage of is the "double shift trick".
It works like this:
Instead of waiting for the atb gauge to fill shift to another paradigm and quickly back to the actual one.
Most of the time the gauge will be already filled.

Shin Gouken
05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Another glitch people can take advantage of is the "double shift trick".
It works like this:
Instead of waiting for the atb gauge to fill shift to another paradigm and quickly back to the actual one.
Most of the time the gauge will be already filled.

I think that works becuase there is a hidden atb gauge that replaces the existing one on the switch.

Another good trick is to use a Deceptisol to avoid several encounters, but then to engage in a battle before it wears off. Select to retry the battle and you'll be placed just outside the encounter, you'll have your deceptisol back but will have skipped several encounters

Future Esthar
05-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Yep.It seems the retry feature doesnīt take into account your location.

I think that works becuase there is a hidden atb gauge that replaces the existing one on the switch.

Or maybe the gauge is associated with a job and not a person.

Shin Gouken
05-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Yep.It seems the retry feature doesnīt take into account your location.

Or maybe the gauge is associated with a job and not a person.

So that would mean if each character has one job active in your paradigm deck there would be 18 atb gauges running at once... maybe not eh :p

Future Esthar
05-20-2010, 12:18 AM
No.Itīs not that.I donīt know exactly how it works.

Karifean
05-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Okay, it was an April Fools joke by that thread creator. (See the link I posted, page 4)

Edit: I should've noticed eariler. You cannot do "Start > Retry" AFTER you've died. You simply retry, without Start^^

Shin Gouken
05-20-2010, 08:48 PM
April fools? But it's not April =(

Well this topic can still stay open for other tips we can find, like the deceptisol trick and the ATB refill trick. I'm sure there's some more stuff we can find

Future Esthar
05-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Exactly Shin.

Loony BoB
05-21-2010, 01:25 PM
I don't think I ever used one elixer in the game, let alone needing them maxed out...