PDA

View Full Version : Penelo's brothers

YTDN
05-17-2010, 09:58 PM
In the manual of the game it mentions that Penelo had brothers in the Order. Is this ever mentioned in the game? Also, I heard that apparently Matsuno originally planned to have Penelo's brothers in the Resistance, so is this true? Just asking.

ANGRYWOLF
05-17-2010, 10:42 PM
just something else that was undone by Matsuno's departure.:mad:

PeneloRatsbane
05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Ashe has dead brothers doesn't she?

Hot Shot
05-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Ashe has dead brothers doesn't she?
I dunno, but I don't think so. I got like 80% of the story done and I hadn't heard that mentioned from what I played.

But I wish that Penelo's brother was in the game because it would have added something interesting to the story and it would have possibly made Penelo more significant.

PeneloRatsbane
05-18-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm sure heard somewhere that Ashe had like 6 brothers or something and they all died in the same war as Rassler. no clue where i got that impression tho, maybe complete bs

YTDN
05-18-2010, 06:19 PM
But I wish that Penelo's brother was in the game because it would have added something interesting to the story and it would have possibly made Penelo more significant.

It would have given her a reason to care about the resistance and Ashe's journey. Hell, they don't even need to be alive. Just have their being-in-the-order-ness and subsequent deaths have an effect on Penelo's personality. Losing half a dozen siblings has to effect you in some way.

A while back I had an interesting plotbunny regarding Penelo's brothers- what if they had died in Nabudis? It would have given the destruction of Nabudis more weight, and it would have made Reddas a far more interesting characters, since, as it stands, his Judge Zecht-ness seems almost an afterthought.

Roogle
05-22-2010, 09:51 AM
I addressed this slightly in the Penelo baby (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xii/131051-penelo-baby.html) topic. I recall reading some information before the game was released about Penelo learning how to defend herself by combining her brother's fighting techniques with her dancing techniques.

Clo
05-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Why would you leave something like this out of the game? It could have been one line of dialogue, seriously. I just don't understand why they left the characters so stripped bare.

YTDN
05-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Why would you leave something like this out of the game? It could have been one line of dialogue, seriously. I just don't understand why they left the characters so stripped bare.

Supposedly Matsuno threw a hissy fit and quit half-way through production, meaning the story was only half finished. Hence we have the situation now.

YTDN
06-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Sorry for bumping, but something else interesting I read- apparently, Vaan and Ashe were supposed to have a more familial relationship, giving him a reason to actually follow her around. Now I'm imagining a situation where Vaan's friends with 'Amalia', not actually knowing she's the princess, and Penelo's got her brothers in the Resistance. Interesting, no?

PeneloRatsbane
06-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Hmm Ashe and Vaan? they started off quite close and I think they definately did have a friendship, it just wasn't made glaringly obvious. It would have compromised Ashe's character to make her too buddy buddy with any of them but she did seem to have a link to all three main males, Vaan and Basch especially.