PDA

View Full Version : Hair Preferences

Shorty
05-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Guys and gals: what are your preferences on lengths of hair? On the opposite sex? On yourself? If you just don't care, share that, too.

I prefer longish hair on men - enough for a shag look, anyway. I prefer myself with long hair, but it feels so good when it gets chopped off into a cute bob sometimes.

Pheesh
05-18-2010, 07:28 PM
On girls I like longish to long hair, but it's certainly not limited to just that, I've seen girls that look great with shorter hair. The only thing for me is that I really, really prefer black/brown hair on the opposite sex.

As for my own hair, I try to grow it to 'Brandon Boyd length' (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7vhjTvPY53w/Su5_lAV6ZQI/AAAAAAAABDw/aGPhKGsAm5w/s1600/brandon+boyd+incubus.jpg). Although I've had it longer and shorter than that.

Rantz
05-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Pretty much the same for me. I prefer long, but if a girl I like wants it short I'm certainly not complaining. I prefer myself with long-ish hair... well, longer than... really short. But cutting it all off is just such a relief sometimes.

rubah
05-18-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't like short hair xD Buzzcuts are incredibly ugly to me, but I've recently come to kinda like the pixie cuts on girls.

I hate really long hair, because I just see these women with hair down to the ass and think "god, pentecostals". I know this isn't necessarily always true, but it's kinda an in-grained association now.

my hair I keep to just below my shoulders to just above my boobs, depending on my mood

LunarWeaver
05-18-2010, 08:06 PM
I try to keep my hair short, but I'm bitchy about the price of haircuts, especially when they shove "TIP ME" in your face and my hair takes, like, 5 minutes to cut, so sometimes it becomes too long. I don't go for a particular style, I don't fix it in any way... You just snip it, end. No tips for that imho :cheap: All I do is kinda comb it in a direction in a nerdy style so people think, "Wow, he must play too many RPGs and not join the army."

I try to dress plain and dorky too. Stereotypes save me a lot of time.

Rebellious Eagle
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
I like it when guys have hair that is kind of shaggy/messy/mid-length, but not past his collar. I've never been attracted to the whole man-ponytail thing. On myself, I like my hair long, because then it's less frizzy and my waves are more defined. And because I look very nice in a high, long ponytail. :D

Madame Adequate
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
I prefer shorter hair on girls unless their hair is truly luxurious. I like longer hair on guys.

And I like girls to be unshaven. Everywhere. :greenie:

Marshall Banana
05-18-2010, 09:39 PM
I want my hair to reach my knees!

Yar
05-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Guys: Short hair... but not buzzed!! Long hair is meh

Girls: Long and straight. If they can make short hair work then that's good too, but usually they can't. :redface:

Ragebrain The Enraged
05-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Something different - I love an individual. :D

Jings
05-18-2010, 10:05 PM
On girls: Not too short, although I have seen a few girls with short hair that are very cute. Hair down to the ass is kinda dumb.

On guys: Short to very short. Long-haired guys just have a really annoying look to them. Now that I've said that I'm sure every guy on this forum will have long hair :D

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Long enough to get a grip on without being super long - both sexes.

What can I say, I like to pull hair.

;)

Rad Bromance
05-18-2010, 10:20 PM
I like long flowing hair on women. It just makes them so much prettier.

I like short hair or bald on a guy though.

VexNet
05-18-2010, 10:24 PM
I like girls with long hair down to the shoulders, short or wavy. But I do find some girls have really cool short looking hair. I think it really depends on the girl.

for myself I like to have my hair medium/long. I try to go for a fringe covering my forehead and a short back. It's also what I like to see in other guys. shaggy is cool too.

Imperfectionist
05-18-2010, 10:26 PM
I think it just depends on what suits the person most, some people look lame with long hair, some people don't.

I've been trying to grow my hair and I think i'm too chicken to ever get it cut short XD

~*~Celes~*~
05-18-2010, 10:35 PM
For both guys and girls, it depends on what suits their look best. I know guys that look pretty awesome with longer hair, and other guys that just look horrid with longer hair (my ex being one of them).

On myself, I like my hair either the usual cut I get (which is just a bit passed my shoulders), or when it's growing out and gets to my boobs. When it gets passed my boobs, I don't like it so much.

I keep it in layers so it looks nice always <3

Mo-Nercy
05-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Long or short hair on girls works. I think I prefer long hair in general, but it depends on what suits them. My girlfriend's had both and she looks great either way.

In my case, I like my hair medium length. I would never go for a short style. It makes me feel naked. And I like having hair to style, even though I'm often too lazy to do so on a day-to-day basis. Right now I'm rockin' a long-ish swept fringe that comes past my eyes with a short-ish, but layered back.

Rye
05-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Moonflower Starchild, I challenge you to a wizarding duel! You're making Huxley think it's OK that he won't get his haircut. He NEEDS a haircut or else my parents will hate himmm. Plus it looks so cute short. *whine* =(

I prefer shorter hair on girls unless their hair is truly luxurious. I like longer hair on guys.

And I like girls to be unshaven. Everywhere. :greenie:

Is my hair luxurious now?! Is this why you're not badgering me to cut it short now?

ROFL, okay, on to my preferences:

Guys: Medium length hair. Not buzzed, not shaggy.
Girls: I love short pixie cuts. Absolutely love them. I also love really long hair, but only if it has a soft curl to it. I hate boring limp straight long-ass hair.

I've had short hair for the past two years, but I'm growing it out again. I'm aiming for past boobs or mid-back, and then I shall get a soft perm so that I have some gentle spiral curls to bring body to my hair. My hair is naturally very thin and fine, so it's a little too limp if I don't blow it out well/use product when it's straight for my liking.

NorthernChaosGod
05-19-2010, 12:28 AM
I prefer long hair on girls, although short hair can look good, too.

Levian
05-19-2010, 12:48 AM
On girls I prefer long hair without bangs, or at least not very heavy bangs. I don't know why I don't like bangs I just get the feeling that they look lobotomized, I can't explain it really xD Different lengths and layers are also a good thing.

On myself I prefer very short, like this (http://yourbeautyandfitness.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/d5ca8_Jensen-Ackles-Fohawk3.jpg). I'd love it if I could pull off the long hair look, but I just don't think my head is big enough for it, I end up looking like I'm a kid. Plus, my hair isn't very thick so it'd get long and straight, not big and wavy.

On other guys I think they suit short hair better, I often think it makes them look more manly and adult after a haircut. This can go both ways though, some guys really suit the long haired look.

Shorty
05-19-2010, 04:39 AM
Moonflower Starchild, I challenge you to a wizarding duel! You're making Huxley think it's OK that he won't get his haircut. He NEEDS a haircut or else my parents will hate himmm. Plus it looks so cute short. *whine* =(

We've already discussed it, and we have settled on the decision that he will grow his hair long again, no matter what!

PS. He calls me a hippy so often that I find it amusing when he looks more like one than I do.

missaira
05-19-2010, 04:42 AM
myself: longish curly hair that reaches down my back to my bra when unstraightened, a couple of inches longer when straightened. probably the longest it's ever been and i like it : ) can't pull off a fringe (bangs) as my hair does its own thing and randomly flips out sometimes so it's an epic fail. naturally dark hair but i like putting little bits of colour here and there, at the moment there's blonde streaks.

other girls: i love looking at how other girls have their hair and thinking, "damn, wish i could have my hair like that!" particularly short straight blonde hair, probably because it's the opposite of mine : P i hate extremely unnatural-looking hair though, especially bleached blonde with inches of regrowth. and i hate long loong hair that's obviously unhealthy and dying for a trim.

guys: 98.5% of all the guys i find attractive have either light brown, dark brown or black hair. mostly dark brown. can't be too short, can't be too long, has to look like he gives a damn. i like long hair when it's obviously meant to be long, as opposed to just not being bothered to have it cut or liking having something to hide behind. i also like short when it's nicely cut : )

basically i'm really fussy. and would also make the world's most terrible hairdresser. kind of like me painting/drawing. i have this beautiful image in my head, but can't recreate it in reality : (

Shiny
05-19-2010, 04:48 AM
On guys: Depends on their facial structure. They could look good with the buzzed look or longish hair. I do tend to like hair though. Completely bald doesn't work for me. Sorry Michael Jordan. Being brunette is a :up:

On myself: Medium or long length. I hated when my hair stylist cut my hair into a bob a few years ago.

Madame Adequate
05-19-2010, 04:50 AM

We've already discussed it, and we have settled on the decision that he will grow his hair long again, no matter what!

PS. He calls me a hippy so often that I find it amusing when he looks more like one than I do.

Yeah my mom finds it amusing as well. She's a hippy as well but I am the student rabble who looks it. I, on the other hand, am a libertarian transhumanist. :monster:

Shorty
05-19-2010, 04:51 AM
I, on the other hand, am a libertarian transhumanist. :monster:

Translation: hippy.

Jessweeee♪
05-19-2010, 04:56 AM
On myself, I look better with long hair but it's such a hassle. I feel like my neck is going to snap when I'm soaking it in the shower. I'm not picky about it on the opposite sex; I'm dating a guy who could pull off just about any hairstyle he wanted to <3

Vermachtnis
05-19-2010, 05:25 AM
I like girls with short to medium hair. Bob cuts are cute. So is wavy hair.

I don't like having long hair, to much of a hassle. I just got it cut the other day.

Jiro
05-19-2010, 06:26 AM
I like longer hair on girls, but there are definitely some girls who pull off a short look and that goes alright by me!

I prefer... well I don't know what I prefer for myself. Let's call it a nice medium and leave it at that. Alternatively, around the length of the picture ee posted goes alright.

Breine
05-19-2010, 10:10 AM
I don't really have any special preferences when it comes to other people. As someone else said, it depends on what suits the person. Some people can pull some certain hairstyles off, and others can not.

As for myself, I tend to like it the most when it's either super short (buzz cut) or medium-long to long. You see, I like for my hair to be "natural", so I don't like depending on products for my hair to look good.

Rodarian
05-19-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm not overly fond of curly hair for some reason..But I do like long layered hair on gals...

Has for guys... Anything longer than shoulders is really tricky cause it either looks too feminine or too ill kept...

Oh but Asian Hair air simply awesome.. men or women!! They can do anything with their hair and make it look down right awesome!

Jiro
05-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh but Asian Hair air simply awesome.. men or women!! They can do anything with their hair and make it look down right awesome!
YES. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_z1Icyu5gI&feature=related) I agree with you Rod, and I just.. I just want to be the guy in the video so much. His hair and his clothes and his dance moves and his smile :love:

Brunettepudding
05-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Asians are just bangable. The hair... It's just so damn sexy.

I love shaggy hair, too. I also like curly hair, and buzz cuts. Depends, really. I'm not picky. <3

Shoeberto
05-19-2010, 06:59 PM
I like a woman with enough hair to make a full body suit out of it and then use that hair to make demons with which she vanquishes her enemies.

I think I like about any hair on girls as long as it's not super long (butt length is too long for me) or really messy.

Can't really say I have a preference on guys, as long as they take care of it! But there's no hair cuts that come to mind on guys that immediately make me think they look dumb.

Hot Shot
05-19-2010, 07:04 PM
I like longish hair on women. But, depending on the person, short hair can look better.

NorthernChaosGod
05-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Ooh! I prefer wavy/curly hair to straight hair. A girl with some nice curls is just sexy.

blackmage_nuke
05-19-2010, 10:36 PM
On myself: ponytail

On the opposite sex: short for blonde + red hair and long for Burnettes

Shiny
05-20-2010, 02:27 AM
YES. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_z1Icyu5gI&feature=related) I agree with you Rod, and I just.. I just want to be the guy in the video so much. His hair and his clothes and his dance moves and his smile :love:

The girl with the blond hair is actually working it and everyone else is just trying to be cute. She's actually doing the moves pretty hard. Go gurl! I love Asian hair too, but mostly when it's either their natural dark hair or a brown.

Rye
05-20-2010, 02:31 AM
I love asian hair. My hair is really thin and fine like a lot of asian hair, but it's not straight enough to do the styles like theirs. It flips at the ends and I HATE that.

Laddy
05-20-2010, 02:51 AM
Since black men are god's chosen race, black men with long dreadlocks. Not the Rastafarian unmanaged kind, but the pretty boy Lenny Kravitz kind.

On everyone else long hair with...J-spikes. Yep. :)

fire_of_avalon
05-20-2010, 02:51 AM
I like long hair on everybody.

NorthernChaosGod
05-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Since black men are god's chosen race

Um... what?

Pheesh
05-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Didn't you get the memo?

Marshall Banana
05-20-2010, 11:51 PM
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/twinbuns.jpg

I want to fix my hair like this now!

black orb
05-21-2010, 01:10 AM
>>> I have long hair.
What I like on girls? whatever they choose is fine for me, even a mohawk..:luca:

Cuchulainn
05-21-2010, 02:54 AM
I spend next to no time on my hair...it always just sits there keeping my skull warm. But it's short at sides short and unstyled on top, kinda like a convict.

On girls they all suit different things but generally long, dark hair, I was into fringes for a while, i still may be I havent thought about it.

black orb
05-21-2010, 03:11 AM
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/twinbuns.jpg

>>> huh? Whats with those bruises on her right leg??..:luca:

Beowulf
05-21-2010, 05:09 AM
On me? I like long hair on myself. I have what's called "metal hair." It extends to just past the middle of my back. On girls? Around shoulder length is nice.

Loony BoB
05-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Short hair on guys, long hair on girls - well, at least just above the shoulders. I'm not a fan of the opposites, although there are always the odd exceptions to the rule based on their overall look.

Drift
05-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Short hair on guys, long hair on girls - well, at least just above the shoulders. I'm not a fan of the opposites, although there are always the odd exceptions to the rule based on their overall look.

And also in BoB's hair collection...

Loony BoB
05-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Man, I haven't touched that in years, now. But if people send me some I'll add it to the collection. It's only purpose is to weird EoFFers out when they stop by.

Iceglow
05-21-2010, 12:09 PM
I think my tastes vary on who the person is, If a person looks good with short hair then they ought to keep that hair style if they look good with long hair then thats their style.

Though I have to admit I prefer most girls with hair not cropped short but still above or at shoulder length, longer than that and it needs to be pulled up in a good style (I particulary like french pleats) but the woman needs to have good hair for this, if her hair is lifeless and dull it just looks crap. Hair below the shoulders loose just gets everywhere and in the way it becomes annoying.

On myself I prefer my hair cut short and then spiked up, I have a high widows peak and a square jaw so although I used to have hair down to past shoulder length (it was between my shoulder blades) and liked it I prefer to have the short hair because it looks better, I have also got issues growing my hair longer because my square jaw and quite long face looks awful with anything other than very long hair or very short hair.

BarelySeeAtAll
05-21-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure anymore what guys call short, medium, and long xD Japanese-style (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_c3rQgtwrvKU/RwR2k2bVY-I/AAAAAAAAAUk/tt0Likeyuws/s400/41.jpg kinda like that..no idea who that is btw :D ) lenth looks good though, even if it's not strictly Japenese style.

It tends to actually be the first thing I look at when there's a guy in front of me, which can be a bad habit haha. When a guy's hair looks bad (dirty, long and scraggly, messy and unkempt) I, for some reason, don't seem to give a damn haha.

Shiny, soft, straight are always good though, no matter what length (obv. not electric razored haha). Wow I sound picky..