PDA

View Full Version : Solitary Island - spoilers

Yar
05-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Do you prefer to save Cid or do you prefer to kill him?

I prefer the latter. The story following is much better imo

Levian
05-19-2010, 03:21 AM
I have a syndrome where if I have to pick between being a bad boy or a good boy in a game, I will always be a good boy. THE GUILT! I CAN'T LIVE WITH IT!

VeloZer0
05-19-2010, 04:46 AM
Can you just put a spoiler in the thread title?

I didn't even know saving was an option for the first half dozen times I played the game. IMO it works MUCH better that way.

Jessweeee♪
05-19-2010, 07:19 AM
I didn't know at first either. I was sad :(

Flying Mullet
05-19-2010, 11:14 AM
I kill him. It takes too long to save him. :p

Lunatic_High
05-19-2010, 12:00 PM
I normally try to save Cid, eventhough it does take a bit longer to complete.

Crossblades
05-19-2010, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't feel right killing him right off the bat. :(

At first, I thought him dying was part of the story until I read in gamefaqs that you have the option of saving him, which of course, shocked me :eek: Now whenever I replay the game, I always save him.

Rebellious Eagle
05-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I've never saved him before, but killing him makes the game seem that much more powerful. So I'll go with the latter option, also.

Hot Shot
05-19-2010, 09:28 PM
I just kill im because it just takes too long to save him.

blackmage_nuke
05-19-2010, 10:31 PM
I prefer it when he's dead but I save him anyway. They couldve atleast slipped in an extra 3 second scene in the ending of cid waving at the sky or something when theyre flying over the world.

Jings
05-21-2010, 01:34 AM
I didn't know it was possible to save him. Needless to say he died on my playthrough, and I sailed away from that little island never to look back.

Roogle
05-22-2010, 10:18 AM
I save Cid on all of my playthroughs because I feel bad about letting him die like that. I think that it makes more sense from a storyline perspective that Cid dies, as I doubt that Celes would find all of her friends and get an airship and just let Cid stay on the Solitary Island by himself. He has no further role or interaction in the story, either.

theundeadhero
05-22-2010, 06:45 PM
I let him die for the awesome suicide scene.

Wolf Kanno
05-23-2010, 06:05 AM
The only contribution he has for the story is dying, saving him nets you nothing, not even a cool extra scene or anything. Letting him die gets you one of the most powerful scenes in the 16-bit era of RPGs and easily one of the most powerful scenes in the series.

So yeah, I fill him up with weak fish so he'll croak faster. :colbert:

Umaro_Smash
05-23-2010, 07:05 PM
I usually try to save him, but then he'll die due to the inevitable lack of yummy fish.

It seems so awkward just leaving him there if he survives, with no new dialogue when you return to Solitary Island with the airship.

Greatermaximus
05-24-2010, 07:26 AM
He only stayed around to watch over Celes. At first he did die on my watch, but after playing through the game the 100th time I kept saving him. To keep the most people alive.

Jiro
05-24-2010, 09:11 AM
I have a syndrome where if I have to pick between being a bad boy or a good boy in a game, I will always be a good boy. THE GUILT! I CAN'T LIVE WITH IT!

I have this too. Games with morality are tough. If I'm ever evil, it's because I went to a great effort to safe someone's life, then forced them to pay me (more). It's never me doing really :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty things to them.

However I usually fail at saving Cid anyway, so he dies. Poor guy.

Bunny
05-29-2010, 06:16 PM
I saved him once because I wanted to see if doing so would change the story in any way. I was disappointed when it didn't really have any effect on future events so I let him die on subsequent playthroughs.

ANGRYWOLF
05-30-2010, 04:11 AM
Obviously on my current playthrough when I get to that point I will save him because it's always right imo to preserve a life even if it doesn't affect events in the game.

Chris
05-30-2010, 01:05 PM
I had no idea that saving him was optional. OO I'm starting on a new game tonight, so I think I'll let him fade away this time. :D