PDA

View Full Version : A scene with Selphie that I just discovered after 10 years...*MILD SPOILERS*

Cyric
05-19-2010, 03:33 AM
When you first arrive at Trabia Garden, Selphie runs off and you find her chatting with a girlfriend. For the past 10 years, I usually run off to the right to the Cemetary to pick up the Timber Maniacs on the ground, and then proceed pretty much straight to the basketball courts for the Story/History dump where the characters discuss their relationships to each other.

What I never thought to do, until now, is after Selphie talks to those two young kids about the teddy bear, head back to the Graveyard to see a rather chilling scene with Selphie.

Does anybody else know about this? Why haven't I ever seen anybody mention it in any walkthroughs before now?

Cheers!

[EDIT] Here's the scene: YouTube - FF8 *No Levelling* - #100.5 - Grieving Selphie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrgKA14U1ts)

Jessweeee♪
05-19-2010, 03:34 AM
Doesn't it make you want to cry? ;_;

ReloadPsi
05-19-2010, 03:45 AM
Yeah, that bit's pretty tragic. If the game were in FFX's kind of presentation it would have been even more chilling, just seeing Selphie sad :/

Mo-Nercy
05-19-2010, 03:50 AM
I remember doing that only once accidentally. For the life of me, I can't remember what she said. Someone remind me? The thread's already been marked for spoilers anyway.

Jessweeee♪
05-19-2010, 03:52 AM
Uhh I think what happened was, a couple of the younger students lost the teddy bear Selphie gave them in the explosion, and they were upset so she was like, "It's okay guys, Mr. Bear is watching you so you have to smile for him ;_;!"

Cyric
05-19-2010, 04:11 AM
Uhh I think what happened was, a couple of the younger students lost the teddy bear Selphie gave them in the explosion, and they were upset so she was like, "It's okay guys, Mr. Bear is watching you so you have to smile for him ;_;!"

That happens, but that isn't what Selphie says when she's in the graveyard.

Mo-Nercy
05-19-2010, 04:42 AM
Tell me, gosh-darnit!

I tried to google it, but I just got a bunch of spoiler-free walkthroughs and some fanfiction.

Meat Puppet
05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
I thought you were going to talk about the amazing scene where you catch a glimpse of her panties.

Hollycat
05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
WHATTTT!!!!!!

Cyric
05-19-2010, 06:17 PM
For those eager to know what the scene is, I'm going to record it and then upload it as an extra into my LP on YouTube showing it.

MJN SEIFER
05-19-2010, 10:27 PM
This was one of the interesting things about this game - while VII before it gave you scenes with the "other" characters (i.e, not the main two or three) as part of your next mission objectives, for VIII it's for the most part optional. A nice touch in my opinion.

Aerith's Knight
05-20-2010, 01:09 AM
I have seen it, but for the life of me I can't remember what she said.

Skyblade
05-20-2010, 04:32 AM
It is a good scene. IIRC, she talks about finally having the concert, even though the Garden Festival never took place. And she grieves for her friends. Apologizing for failing to stop the missiles too. I don't have a super clear memory of the scene, but that is what I recall.

Dr. Acula
05-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I remember her talking about the Garden Festival and the concert. I think her friends might have been part of the Festival Committee at Trabia.

Loony BoB
05-21-2010, 02:26 PM
For those eager to know what the scene is, I'm going to record it and then upload it as an extra into my LP on YouTube showing it.
Thanks! :up: I look forward to checking it out - don't forget to link us!

Clo
05-21-2010, 05:41 PM
I don't really remember this... now I'm curious too.

Also, what's the panties thing? o_O

Roogle
05-22-2010, 10:16 AM

Have you managed to record the video of this scene, yet? I think that I may have seen it in my first playthrough of the game and missed it in subsequent playthroughs. A brief recap of the scene itself would be appreciated if the video is not expected any time soon.

ChickenHeart
05-23-2010, 02:30 AM
it's kinda sad, it's one of the reasons i like Selphie most.
i'm actually hoping for a FF8 remake now o.o?

Cyric
05-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Have you managed to record the video of this scene, yet? I think that I may have seen it in my first playthrough of the game and missed it in subsequent playthroughs. A brief recap of the scene itself would be appreciated if the video is not expected any time soon.

I just finished recording it. The bright side is that I only need to re-organize 60 of the 161 videos on the playlist. The dark side is that the videos are BURIED amongst the more recent videos since I finished the LP, and I gotta re-add them one at a time.

Cyric
05-23-2010, 04:03 AM
I just added the link to the original post...

rubah
05-23-2010, 06:44 AM
*bawwws*