PDA

View Full Version : Call me little lady

Jessweeee♪
05-19-2010, 04:19 AM
This is a thread about things that make you feel younger!

After a year of being on my own in college and a becoming generally responsible adult (minus financial independence anyway) I was certain I'd outgrown the title of EoFF's Butters, but my mom has grounded everyone from facebook, including me. I am grounded from facebook. I feel like I'm fourteen again.

Bunny
05-19-2010, 04:23 AM
I once got grounded from my house. I had to spend the entire day outside. It was the worst experience of my life.

Nothing makes me feel younger.

qwertysaur
05-19-2010, 04:24 AM
Saturday morning cartoons :bigsmile:

missaira
05-19-2010, 04:29 AM
being 18, the eldest, and still being referred to as "one of the kids".

Shorty
05-19-2010, 04:45 AM
When I go back home to visit and bring my friends by, my mother says "No boys allowed in the bedrooms".

On the same topic, being punished or scolded by your parents in any way after you're eighteen, really.

G13
05-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Any time I'm around a lot of family they talk to me like I'm ten years younger. It's infuriating.

Mo-Nercy
05-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Playing silly games on my girlfriend's Nintendo DS.

And also playing Bully/Canis Canem Edit. Makes me feel like I'm back at school again (not that I was a bully).

Breine
05-19-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm still a kid at heart.

Ragebrain The Enraged
05-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Jack Johnson's music. :D

Rebellious Eagle
05-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Being called short makes me feel a lot younger than I am. :/

KentaRawr!
05-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Well, I'm 17, so I still am young! Nothing can really make me feel younger. :p

Jessweeee♪
05-19-2010, 09:56 PM
If I can feel fourteen so can you!

Shlup
05-19-2010, 10:09 PM
I once got grounded from my house. I had to spend the entire day outside. It was the worst experience of my life.

Nothing makes me feel younger.

I am so adding that to my Parenting Tips and Tricks handbook that I keep in my head.

I feel young when I don't wear pants! Which is a lot of the time!

PeneloRatsbane
05-19-2010, 10:25 PM
getting asked if i'm over 16 by someone delivering a parcel that needed signing for. I'm 22 :D

Madame Adequate
05-19-2010, 10:28 PM
I get asked for ID more than Jess, who is nearly five years my junior.

Oh and it occurs to me that when you find my murdered via penectomy, this post is likely the reason for it.

NorthernChaosGod
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM

Ooh la la :jokey:

G13
05-19-2010, 11:14 PM

I'm sorry, what? :lol:

Rye
05-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Having my Mom whine at me about taking a vacation to England soon and how I should wait a whole year to see Huxley again. Yeah, okay.

When Hux visited and stayed with us for Christmas, he wasn't allowed in my room for more than like, a few seconds, to "spare my father's feelings." That was pretty weird. Especially since I'm turning 20.

Maybe I'm crazy and I'm going to end up raising a teen pregorian ho, but once the girl is 15, I don't think I'd give a crap if she was having sex with her boyfriend or girlfriend in her room, so long as I knew there was protection in there, and the guy/girl isn't sleeze and radiating with STDs. I'd trust there to be honesty, of course, but as long as she was honest about what she was doing, I'd not care. Maybe I'd take her to the gyno for birth control or something so she had double protection? IDK.

Quindiana Jones
05-20-2010, 12:12 AM
and the guy/girl isn't sleeze and radiating with STDs.

Well, there's your problem.

Rye
05-20-2010, 12:17 AM
My Mom thought I was kidnapped before because my run today in the park took 10 minutes longer than usual. It was daylight and there are multiple runners, bikers, and dozens of parents and kids holding baseball practices.

Aerith's Knight
05-20-2010, 12:30 AM
I've been both financially and any other way independent since I turned 19 more than two years ago.

The only time when I feel young is when I daydream. My daydreaming hasn't changed in a long time, I can use anything from a broken piece of controller to a plug connector, and in my mind it can be a space station, or an aircraft, or whatever. I've played hundreds of insanely large orchestrated battles in my mind at my desk. xD

Sadly, these daydreams are becoming less and less, as I grow up (slowly).

fire_of_avalon
05-20-2010, 03:33 AM
A few weeks ago I went to see A Nightmare on Elm Street with my sister and cousin. I walked up to the ticket counter and asked for my ticket.

Me: I'd like one for Nightmare on Elm Street, please.
Ticket Guy: *eyeballs Megan* And we are over 17?
Me: ...Sir, we are nearly 25. May I have my ticket?
Ticket Guy: I'm gonna need to see some ID.
Me:... *shows ID*
Ticket Guy: *stares*

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-20-2010, 03:50 AM
My Mom thought I was kidnapped before because my run today in the park took 10 minutes longer than usual. It was daylight and there are multiple runners, bikers, and dozens of parents and kids holding baseball practices.

Yeah, my mom is not quite as bad but she told me that I should not go out alone too late after dark. This was while on my cell with her as I walked to the grocery store at 10:30pm. The grocery store is 10-12 minute walk from my apartment!

Like Breine, I am still a kid at heart. :D

Laddy
05-20-2010, 04:21 AM
I'm probably the youngest regular here. I'm only 16.

I do still eat myself some candy though. I do enjoy candy.

Fonzie
05-20-2010, 04:29 AM
I'm probably the youngest regular here. I'm only 16.

I do still eat myself some candy though. I do enjoy candy.

Nahh, you're not the youngest. Chocolate Bear has earned that title. :colbert:

qwertysaur
05-20-2010, 04:59 AM
I had a bowl of lucky charms for dinner :quina:

Dr. Acula
05-21-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm one of the most childish people I know. I run around town pretending to be an aeroplane. That makes me feel young.

It's weird though, cause I'm usually mistaken for someone in their twenties (I'm eighteen). I don't really understand that.:jess:

Iceglow
05-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Well most of my friends are a couple of years younger than I am which means I tend to act slightly younger than I actually am so yay for immaturity though I feel it's often hard to tell that when theres like a group of 20 - 25 year olds we're all the same. However I tend to have people think I look older, I remember on holiday that I had the guys we met out there laughing because they didn't believe until they'd seen my passport I was only 24! However what tends to make me feel a lot younger is when I'm at work most of the music on my department was recorded around 30 years before I was born so customers down there in general are quite old they always go "Oh you're only a baby!" when they're talking to me. Makes me feel soo young, I consider it something of a good thing in the long run even if it annoys me somewhat at the time.