PDA

View Full Version : Let's try something different

Shin Gouken
05-20-2010, 12:33 PM
I thought it would be interesting for the people who hated this game to mention something they liked, and the people who loved it to mention something they disliked.

I'll start things off

I'm a lover, but i disliked the lack of protection from instant death. If i'm not mistaken, every FF up to and including X had protection from instant death attacks, but the highest protection in XII is a mere 50%.

Mo-Nercy
05-20-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm also a lover, but damn, one or two hints as to how to attain the Zodiac Spear without having to resort to gamefaqs or a strategy guide would've been nice.

Fynn
05-20-2010, 02:13 PM
This is my favorite numbered FF, but I hate the levelling system. I mean, they shared Licence Points, why can't the whole party receive XP as well, for God's sake!

Quindiana Jones
05-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Lover.

Things like the Zodiac Spear were complete bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:. As has been said many a time, you shouldn't require a guide to get the stuff in game. Also, the pacing of the game is terrible. Unless you're blasting through the story, by the time you get to the next cutscene you'll have forgotten why you're doing...well, anything. The game has a good story, it's just that it's horrendously told. As well as that, if you do just blast through for the story, you're usually severely underlevelled at all points.

YTDN
05-20-2010, 04:45 PM
The voice acting :love:

Crossblades
05-20-2010, 04:59 PM
I like XII :cool:

Hmmm..... but I can't think of what I didn't like from this game. I guess it would be the whole exp thing that White Wizard of Fynn mentioned, but even then I don't find that a big of a deal anyway, because I would play with everybody anyway.

Shin Gouken
05-20-2010, 05:04 PM
I like XII :cool:

Hmmm..... but I can't think of what I didn't like from this game. I guess it would be the whole exp thing that White Wizard of Fynn mentioned, but even then I don't find that a big of a deal anyway, because I would play with everybody anyway.

I kind of liked having to level my reserves.

The esper designs and how useless they were was awful though :(

Wolf Kanno
05-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Lover

The Treasure chest system, one of the few joys I get out of dungeon crawling is finding that treasure chest with a shiny new weapon or piece of equipment in it. The fact that less than ten chests in the game only give you a 100% drop rate for said equipment and the rest knocks you crap for cash, a useless item like a Gambit you have twenty of, or ultimately everything but the kick ass item is a bit a of let down for me.

Having the chests respawn doesn't sit well with me either cause I don't like grinding for treasure and I feel its a cardinal sin to do this to a player.

Fynn
05-20-2010, 06:16 PM

0_o

Crossblades
05-20-2010, 06:39 PM
I kind of liked having to level my reserves.

I have no problem with it either. In fact, I think the game is more fun this way instead of just sticking with just 3 characters.

ANGRYWOLF
05-21-2010, 12:06 AM
:roll2

What I liked...?

Probably Montblanc and his hunt club.

Too bad there wasn't more back story and more joint hunts with other members.

Clo
05-21-2010, 04:55 AM
I'm a hater.

I really, really loved the gambit system. I liked the strategizing and it allowed me to read while passing through a dungeon I've already explored a lot. :D

Jessweeee♪
05-21-2010, 07:33 AM
I love FFXII, but it's so damn hard! I do really well at first, everything is just the right level of difficulty, but then I hit a brick wall on the Leviathan and spend hours grinding!

YTDN
05-21-2010, 04:44 PM

0_o

I liked how they did different accents for each nationality. It really gave the feel of Ivalice being a diverse world. Although Fran's voice was a bit stilted at times, and the dialogue sounded like they'd swallowed a thesaurus and the complete works of Shakespeare. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.

Balthier's voice was :love: . I swear I kept playing just to hear him talk.

Vermachtnis
05-21-2010, 05:19 PM
I liked the game, but the thing I hated most was literally hitting a wall. I want to explore, but rocks and crap kept getting in my way.

Having the chests respawn doesn't sit well with me either cause I don't like grinding for treasure and I feel its a cardinal sin to do this to a player.

I liked this actually, I leveled a few times waiting for the Excalibur to spawn.

Fynn
05-22-2010, 01:31 AM

0_o

I liked how they did different accents for each nationality. It really gave the feel of Ivalice being a diverse world. Although Fran's voice was a bit stilted at times, and the dialogue sounded like they'd swallowed a thesaurus and the complete works of Shakespeare. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.

Balthier's voice was :love: . I swear I kept playing just to hear him talk.

Oh, you loved it. See, I thought you were a lover and hated it. Anyhow, yeah, the voice-acting is top-notch in this game. And while I like Balthier's voice, Fran's takes the cake :love:

Depression Moon
05-22-2010, 02:12 AM
I wish the developers had cared more about the story. The biggest think I look forward to in a FF is the story and I was disappointed.