PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming

Shiny
05-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Okay so, I'm working on a script. Right now it's just going to be a short 10 minute movie about girl's locker rooms because I figured some people -- particularly men would be interested to know what goes on in High School locker rooms. Well, at least what went down in the h.s. locker room I had to change in. I plan on adapting it in to a slightly longer script that includes various other characters, scenarios, and settings within the school.

The short and basic synopsis is that a girl from another state is a freshmen and she arrives at a piss hole of a town with guidos. On her first day, she's greeted by a senior who is her tour guide for the day. She shows her around the school while giving witty commentary to the ridiculous situations they come across along the way.

Right now I really want to focus on the characters. I'm currently in the process of completing the character breakdowns (http://www.ehow.com/how_4454998_create-character-breakdowns-screenplay.html). I already have some ideas for some of the characters and I'm actually basing 90 percent of them off of real people I went to high school with. In fact, some of the dialogue will be quote-for-quote. ;D It would be amazing if EoFF could spread some ideas around for characters I should add.

The characters I have so far are Shannon -- the witty senior and Patrice -- the completely sane freshie newcomer who is essentially dragged in to Satan's armpit full of lunatics. I'm not sure yet if I will keep those names. I also have a token gay guy, a resident slut, loud obnoxious ghetto people, and overtly Evangelistic teacher who hates public schools and teaches in a public school. If you guys have any ideas for good character names, personas, situations, or whatever please feel free to pass it along. I will give you credit for it and maybe something else...nah, just the credit.

And since this thread needs more of a topic or something, please feel free to discuss what you've brainstormed recently. Alternatively, what methods do you use to brainstorm? Did you ever use the web crap that American public schools forced students to do before every essay?

Rantz
05-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Angry Asian! You need an Angry Asian. Base him on Tavrobel.

Fonzie
05-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Derek B. as the smart, yet awkwardly anti-social kid. He wears the same tennis shirt/short-short brown pants everyday and has a slight stutter. He used to take dance for a couple years and thus can do strange sessions at prom. Doesn't quite know how to relate to people, so he has a hard time fitting into people's situations. Being one of the top of his class, he feels as though he should help people with their work; yet his problem with relating to others causes him to ostracize others on the simplest of things.

Based on a kid I was in a lab group with in Chem. AP and the next year in my 1301 English class. :p

Shiny
05-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Angry Asian! You need an Angry Asian. Base him on Tavrobel.

Done and done! As long as he gets to have an enormous penis.

EDIT: I think I can work this Derek B. in to another character. There was this kid named Derek who went to my high school and he always smelled really bad.

DEREK: Smelly/Socially Awkward/Stutters/Amazing at ballroom dancing unbeknownst to his peers

ANGRY ASIAN [Working Name]: Anti-humans/Suffers from the crazy/Kim Jung-Il's cousin

Rantz
05-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Wouldn't be Tavrobel without it!

Pheesh
05-20-2010, 05:35 PM
You NEED a goth girl who refuses to do gym and sits in the change room the entire time!

Shiny
05-20-2010, 05:44 PM
What if I had him/her do gym and had her hate it? There was this kid. He wasn't goth, but he did a lot of drugs and seeing him attempt volleyball was great. Maybe there is some way I can work a goth+druggie into the mix. Or maybe just keep it goth or emo. Have screamo music playing in the background as they spike a ball. SERVE THAT

Pheesh
05-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Haha, reminds me of the intro to that tv show 'Daria', where she was playing volleyball and would only stick out her hand as the ball went past.

Mo-Nercy
05-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Haha, reminds me of the intro to that tv show 'Daria', where she was playing volleyball and would only stick out her hand as the ball went past.
Holy smurf, I loved that show.

I think an alcoholic English teacher would do well. And a weed-smoking, hippy art teacher.
Source: Rockstar Games' Bully and my favourite art teacher.

Breine
05-20-2010, 09:27 PM
How about a smiley Dutch guy with big curly hair? He's overly out-going and really smart. He wears batik t-shirts, second-hand clothes and duct tapes his torn up shoes. He bikes everywhere and often tells stories about his home country beginning with the sentence: "Back in The Netherlands..". All the guys think he is great and exciting, but the girls tend to think he's kinda creepy because he tends to be too touchy-feely. Also, all teachers and parents love him. His own parents are total hippies, and his mom wants nothing more than to be Janis Joplin.

There needs to be someone foreign that just seems like s/he comes from another world.

Also, yeah this is totally one of my friends.

Pheesh
05-20-2010, 09:31 PM
And the goth/druggie should totally press him for weed all the time because s/he thinks everyone from the Netherlands has mad dope hook-ups!!

Parker
05-20-2010, 11:18 PM
have a character called parker who everyone hates but he gets laid a lot. thnx

Shiny
05-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Holy smurf, I loved that show.

I think an alcoholic English teacher would do well. And a weed-smoking, hippy art teacher.
Source: Rockstar Games' Bully and my favourite art teacher.
Hahaha, Daria was amazing.

Omg, I love the drunk English teacher idea! I actually already have a character that teaches English and is super religious, but a drunk History teacher could work, or maybe even Math. Have you seen the Drunk History on Funny or Die. It will be something to that extent, but probably more fucked up.

How about a smiley Dutch guy with big curly hair? He's overly out-going and really smart. He wears batik t-shirts, second-hand clothes and duct tapes his torn up shoes. He bikes everywhere and often tells stories about his home country beginning with the sentence: "Back in The Netherlands..". All the guys think he is great and exciting, but the girls tend to think he's kinda creepy because he tends to be too touchy-feely. Also, all teachers and parents love him. His own parents are total hippies, and his mom wants nothing more than to be Janis Joplin.

There needs to be someone foreign that just seems like s/he comes from another world.

Also, yeah this is totally one of my friends.
Or how about a character named Breine with dope ass hair. This is just a ploy for me to get you to fly down here. :jess:

And the goth/druggie should totally press him for weed all the time because s/he thinks everyone from the Netherlands has mad dope hook-ups!!
What?

have a character called parker who everyone hates but he gets laid a lot. thnx
;) There is a character that is a slut. That's close enough to what you want. She is also going to be very attractive so hopefully a hot blond actress will be available for this summer to play her.

rubah
05-22-2010, 07:28 PM
prayer circle girls who carry their electronic bibles around with them constantly.

the otakus who always try to engage the Angry Asian in conversation and brag about their chopstick abilities

the sweet athlete who owns up everything sports, can't multiply to save their life, but volunteers on weekends

Shiny
05-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Electronic bibles? Do they actually make those?! If they do I have to have one in this movie.

Rodarian
05-22-2010, 09:58 PM
You need a token Muslim guy... Samrt and attractive but repressed socially... Nothing preachy but awkward about his social standings until he realizes that he is an own individual and practices his faith in much more liberal fashion!

rubah
05-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Electronic bibles? Do they actually make those?! If they do I have to have one in this movie.

they look like a little calculator (http://www.google.com/search?q=electronic+bibles&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

Jessweeee♪
05-22-2010, 10:10 PM
the otakus who always try to engage the Angry Asian in conversation and brag about their chopstick abilities

ahahaha yes xD

Once while the underclassmen were testing me and some other seniors/exempt students were sitting at a table and messing with my laptop. Someone played some Dir en Grey or something and the Korean exchange student said something about how they aren't very fond of the Japanese in his culture. I asked him if any students ever mistakenly thought he was Japanese and talked to him about anime or something (there were a lot of stupid kids and a lot of otaku so I'm sure some of them overlapped) and he said it happened quite a bit. By the time I was a senior like a third of the school was made up of otakus so it must have been pretty aggravating xD

missaira
05-23-2010, 01:46 PM
You NEED a goth girl who refuses to do gym and sits in the change room the entire time!

haha my sister?

Pheesh
05-23-2010, 03:37 PM

haha my sister?

Tell your sister that I understand her pain...

missaira
05-23-2010, 03:39 PM
i would but her earphones are in, her screamo's loud and she wouldn't listen to me anyway.