PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck? Bad Luck?

Saber
05-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Lets discuss luck for a bit. It seems to change within games. I know a lot of people here have played a lot of final fantasy to know the difference. In case you don't know or recall I simplify it for you.

Luck did not appear in every Final Fantasy

FF1 - was suppose to be used for running away.
FF7 - To me it acted as evasion.
FF8 - critical hits, and item droppings.
FF9 - chances of status spells success
FF10 - Luck in this game, according to FF-wiki strengthened critical hits, item dropping, and evasion.

So what do you think is better? I prefer it being an evasion. I guess Critical its is more understandable. Running from battle to me was a waste.

Karifean
05-21-2010, 04:15 PM
FFX had it as accuracy, evasion AND critical hit (no item drops, though) and i liked that best. AFAIK luck never ever affected item drops, did it?

Saber
05-21-2010, 04:20 PM
I got the information from FF-wiki.

Rebellious Eagle
05-21-2010, 09:07 PM
I usually think luck has to do with critical hits, so I guess I'll go with that. I never worried much about luck, anyway.

Shin Gouken
05-21-2010, 09:58 PM
I got the information from FF-wiki.

Also, i'm sure it only effects the frequencey of critical hits in FFX not strengthening them. But it definitley affects both accuracey and evasion.

I'd also like to give a worthy mention to Crisis Core. Luck can heavily affect critical hits in that game, to the point where i always run around with as high a luck stat as is possible.

We have stats for accuracey and evasion so luck doesn't need to affect them, but criticals is good seeing as the chance to score a critical is otherwise quite low.

VeloZer0
05-22-2010, 12:03 AM
It would be kind of cool if luck modified every calculation in the game. So a character would have higher chances to steal, dodge, get critical hits, resist status ailments, the works.

oddler
05-22-2010, 03:48 AM
It would be kind of cool if luck modified every calculation in the game. So a character would have higher chances to steal, dodge, get critical hits, resist status ailments, the works.

I agree.

I've considered Luck in most games to be the stat that affects critical hit success.

Vermachtnis
05-22-2010, 03:49 AM
"Luck has an effect on everything you do, but governs no skills."

I like it when luck deals with evasion, item drops, effectiveness of status effects, ect.

Greatermaximus
05-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Switch luck with probability. Whatever the game was programmed to do and some reasoning on the players part.

Jiro
05-25-2010, 03:48 AM
"Luck has an effect on everything you do, but governs no skills."

I like it when luck deals with evasion, item drops, effectiveness of status effects, ect.

Yep, this.