PDA

View Full Version : Today I was brave.

Zeldy
05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
It says so on a sticker I got from BodyWorkPiercing2. I got my tongue pierced (the tongue frenulum piercing, it's the webbing underneath) on kinda a whim today. Me and my mate planned to do it in a few weeks and pinky promised on it (can't break a pinky promise FACT) but then she was like LET'S DO IT TOMORROW. So, we did. She got her full on tongue pierced xD I couldn't cause' of parents.

I felt nothing, absolutely nothing. It's creepy how I felt nothing really! I'm too used to the pain, this is my eleventh piercing. Craaaazy.

ARE YOU BRAVE?! what have you done recently on a whim? :excited:

BarelySeeAtAll
05-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Well..not too recently but a month or so back I decided "eff it, I'm going to defy my mother and go up to Birmingham alone to meet someone I've never met!"

..£100+ later I didn't regret it at all. Just don't tell mommy.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-21-2010, 06:40 PM
I got my first tattoo on a whim. It is the Monster Energy logo. Buuut, there is a meaning behind it which I don't care to divulge. Really, I'm just tired of people asking. Yes, I have a Monster tattoo. No, I wasn't drunk when I got it. No, I am not part of the Monster Energy corporation. They don't pay me. Yes it means something. Gaaaaahd, leave me alone about it already, I have my fucking reasons, and they aren't any of your fucking business.

Brave? Meh. I'm brave enough to stick up for other people and not take :bou::bou::bou::bou:. But not brave enough to fess up about my inner demons and feelings to anyone that isn't EOEO or LJ. So...meh. Not so much.
On a whim recently? I bought foam swords to fight drunkenly with. It was a 'win' purchase.

Beowulf
05-21-2010, 07:13 PM
All of my tattoos have been on a whim. I go with someone to do something else, then I decide "Well while I'm here...." That is how I have eight of them now...As for being brave? I went to an old abandoned camp ground on my own. Which is not as easy as it sounds. I got some horrible bad vibes though, because there was a strange truck there....so I turned around and left >.>;;

Shorty
05-21-2010, 07:44 PM
I haven't done anything really brave lately, save for making the choice to become a vegetarian. It's proving to be an interesting task. Oh, and I'm getting a lot of :bou::bou::bou::bou: for it.

black orb
05-21-2010, 07:52 PM
ARE YOU BRAVE?! what have you done recently on a whim? :excited:
>>> I crossed the street with red light, and I talked to a girl..:luca:

Cuchulainn
05-21-2010, 08:06 PM
i have more tattoos than Auschwitz.

Am I brave? Not for the tattoos I mean for the joke.

Rodarian
05-21-2010, 08:44 PM
I will flat out say this...

I pierced my genitalia.... Got it done back in 2005....

Any questions...:colbert:

Inferno
05-21-2010, 08:50 PM
:bow:

Chris
05-21-2010, 08:54 PM
I want to be "brave" and say something corny like: "Bravery is not a prerequisite for courage". :cool:

I guess I'm less than brave. Handsome, though.

Quindiana Jones
05-21-2010, 09:03 PM
I scissorkicked a bear in the ballsack.

Bunny
05-21-2010, 10:02 PM
I once wore red instead of blue in California.

Cuchulainn
05-21-2010, 10:38 PM
I once wore red instead of blue in California.

The gay guys out there can be fashion nazis. I feel for you.

fire_of_avalon
05-22-2010, 02:00 AM
Nope, lately I've been a giant pansy about certain things.

Zeldy! Be super careful. I had that done, and I kept it almost 3 months before, suddenly, it decided BLUGAH, I WILL REJECT AND MAKE YOUR SALIVARY GLANDS GIGANTIC. If you see swelling, lance that :bou::bou::bou::bou:!

Rye
05-22-2010, 02:10 AM
I've only done one brave thing in the past few weeks, but I was very scared to do it, so I'm proud.

After struggling with anxiety ruling over my life for a few years, particularly interfering with my sleep, I finally came out into the open about it with my family, and I got help for it. I was absolutely agonizingly terrified to do this - my family is close minded about this type of thing, and they believe things like anxiety and other mental disorders are a weakness of character, or else something where the medicine completely messes with the person to the point that they're better off with their initial problem.

The medication I'm on has completely fixed my anxiety - I've not had trouble with sleeping or striking fear at night once since I started. I've been sleeping like a lamb. Plus I've lost 5 lbs since starting on it, because it completely kills my appetite. It's the bomb. It's made me so confident lately. People at work think I've matured and say I've become so lovely and classy since they last saw me, and I think a lot of it was to do with my decision.

A little more serious than you expected, huh? XD I was hoping for something fun, like saying I finally got the tattoo I planned, but I'm still waiting to do that later. Still though, this has a lot of meaning to me and has been a source of pride!

blackmage_nuke
05-22-2010, 08:54 AM
I sit in the back carriages of trains :cool:

Shlup
05-22-2010, 09:01 AM
I AM NO KINDS OF BRAVE. :crying:

Madame Adequate
05-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I spoke to several other Human beings yesterday, face to face. (Four in total I think?) And I only had to hide in my room for about six hours afterwards!

Mo-Nercy
05-22-2010, 01:51 PM
I didn't top up the parking meter. :onoes: