PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Query

Rodarian
05-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Hey ya all.

I recently got a new laptop... Now I want to transfer my precious ipod songs back into the laptop.. I know how to access the ipod song files via the hidden files. However the files are in gibbercode.

i.e

Aerith's Theme --->Ipod Yay!!

However...

Ipod (Aerith's Theme)----->Laptop _My Music----> (WYGH) Booo!!

Is there any way to get back the mp3 song listing.... Short of having to manual rewrite the file names! X_X

I know itunes automatically reads the files but if I wanted to send the files via msn... how the hell would I able to read which file is which?! :(

Lunatic_High
05-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Try using a piece of software called Sharepod to copy the music. It has worked perfectly for me in the past and best of all the software is free.

The link is: SharePod (http://www.getsharepod.com)

Jessweeee♪
05-22-2010, 08:21 PM
That looks awesome. I was gonna come in here and tell you how I did it, but that involves renaming every one of your files because when they're put into your iPod they get weird four letter names like AZKE and JJMW

Rodarian
05-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks I'm going to try it now!

Lunatic_High
05-22-2010, 11:08 PM
That looks awesome. I was gonna come in here and tell you how I did it, but that involves renaming every one of your files because when they're put into your iPod they get weird four letter names like AZKE and JJMW

I just added SharePod to the "good bit of freeware" section as I could not see it included in the list.

Tseng
05-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Gosh I know this isn't freeware but if you have problems with sharepod (I did, as well as 'eph pod') pony up 10 bucks for Senuti. A youtuber named 'soldier' has posted a video podcast covering it. Again shame on me for recommending paid software but ephpod and sharepod left out half of my songs during transfer, giving me only a red error bar next to them. Ugn!!