PDA

View Full Version : Burn Burn

BarelySeeAtAll
05-22-2010, 09:28 PM
So Devon saw, today, brilliant gorgeous sunshine for the second day running. I decided to get some sun to my body for once, and do you know what happened? Yes, burned and now it hurts :mad2:<-- literally.

I still have a tan line from the summer of 2008, which WAS a burn, then tanned. . .clearly visible for my drama performance. Sucks!

How easily do you tend to sunburn? Do you enter the tan stage before burning, or just burn to a crisp then get the tan? Discuss your skin!!

Shlup
05-22-2010, 09:30 PM
I wear 100SPF sunscreen, if that gives you any idea.

PeneloRatsbane
05-22-2010, 09:32 PM
yeah thats sucks,
i have to wear factor 40, its like covering myself in glue but its so much better than getting burnt.
I've come to accept that i'm a pale gal and I'm okay with that, so i try to avoid the sun or just slap on the sunscreen

Marshall Banana
05-22-2010, 09:34 PM
I hate that time in the sun makes the freckles on my cheeks stand out.

Bunny
05-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I don't stay in the sun long enough to find out.

PeneloRatsbane
05-22-2010, 09:40 PM

I used to feel the same way, but now I embrace them. Can't get rid of them so i decide i better just accept them, now i don't mind them and i even like the ones on my shoulders

Shlup
05-22-2010, 09:42 PM

What?! You don't love your freckles?! I love freckles. <3

Rodarian
05-22-2010, 09:49 PM
I really doubt u guys could ever stand the heat&humidity on this side of the world :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
05-23-2010, 05:16 AM

What the dick. They make it that strong? I just wear SPF50 at work, it works well enough considering I'm also wearing a big ass hat and sunglasses.

I can tan easily enough, but I hate the sun and anytime I spend in it is usually mandatory and more than I would prefer.

oddler
05-23-2010, 05:55 AM
Might as well oil me up and put a magnifying glass over me if I'm out in the sun for more than 30 minutes. I'm starting to build a bit of tolerance, though, since I have to mow the grass now. Maybe I'm up to 40 minutes now?

Shlup
05-23-2010, 06:04 AM

What the dick. They make it that strong?

I assure you that they do. It's amazing. I can go to the water park without changing color. :D

rubah
05-23-2010, 06:38 AM
I dunno, the excruciating agony is almost worth it if you get to peel off skin.

Usually other people don't like you doing it to them, but one summer, my mom went to Louisiana and got a reaaaaaally bad burn, and she let me and it was ^_~

NorthernChaosGod
05-23-2010, 06:44 AM

What the dick. They make it that strong?

I assure you that they do. It's amazing. I can go to the water park without changing color. :D

I should get me some of that! I've been tanning pretty consistently for a month now and I would like it to stop. I like being pale. :(

Marshall Banana
05-23-2010, 06:47 AM

What?! You don't love your freckles?! I love freckles. <3
I like them when they don't stand out!

Jiro
05-23-2010, 08:59 AM
I burn (more) if I wear sunscreen.

G13
05-23-2010, 09:04 AM
I should get me some of that! I've been tanning pretty consistently for a month now and I would like it to stop. I like being pale. :(

El fantasma! EL FANTASMA!

Seriously though we've all seen your pictures, what the crap are you talking about "pale"?

missaira
05-23-2010, 01:40 PM
normally i don't burn, just go a tad brownisher, however i have burnt really really reallly badly once, on my schoolies trip to the whitsundays last year. three days on a yacht in bikinis, even with sunscreen, = severe, severe burn. i have photos but i'm not going to post them because in order to show the severity of the burn i had to remove said bikinis :p

NorthernChaosGod
05-23-2010, 05:10 PM

El fantasma! EL FANTASMA!

Seriously though we've all seen your pictures, what the crap are you talking about "pale"?

Fine, pale for me. You obviously never saw me during high school.

~*~Celes~*~
05-24-2010, 08:56 AM
I have a slight natural tan, but when I burn, I BURN. And then my skin peels away to reveal a beautiful, dark, natural tan <3

Mo-Nercy
05-24-2010, 09:21 AM
I have a slight tan and I don't burn easily, so I almost never wear sunscreen unless I'm going to the beach or something.

The last time I suffered a bad sunburn was way back when I was a kid and I lost my parents at Bondi. The logical thing for me to do that occurred to me at the time was find the car and wait, but by the time I found it, I was completely roasted.

blackmage_nuke
05-24-2010, 12:22 PM
My legs are really pale because I always wear long pants when I go out.

I dont mind sunburn if I get it doing something enjoyable like going to the beach because the pain is just a constant reminder of how much fun I had

Also this thread came at an appropriate time as today i got burnt from a pie and there are a couple of blisters on my thumb and I was on a train so I couldnt run it under cold water straight away. Any suggestions for treatment?

Momiji
05-24-2010, 12:42 PM
I start burning after 15-20 minutes.

The sun and I are not friends.

Rye
05-24-2010, 12:47 PM
When I was a child, I used to be very tan. I've lost my color by being an nerd, but I can still tan reasonably well, when I want to.

No one believes I'm an Italian, because I'm pale. But my family is from the north of Italy! The noooorth! The alp-sy part! I've practically Swiss!

Pheesh
05-24-2010, 02:24 PM
My family is all Italian (except for one tiny part scottish or something), and I work outdoors, so I'm usually fairly tanned. But When I'm not working I tend to turn a very nice shade of computer screen white.

I'll burn if I've let myself get too white and then stay out in the sun too long straight up, but other than that I'll usually just tan.

Unbreakable Will
05-24-2010, 04:26 PM
I usually tan pretty well, so far I haven't been outside much so I haven't tanned that well. But since I have Hispanic (we think Cuban) blood I tan like a mother smurfer and hardly ever get burnt.

Zeldy
05-24-2010, 05:57 PM
The sun makes me get freckles on my nose! I have freckles everywhere though, I've always had a lot of them, especially on my arms! The sun brings them out on my face though. Daaaaaamn, there's only so much makeup I can wear to hide them!

I burn pretty easily, it's what happens when you have a slight Irish heritage (the fact that I'm dark haired, pale skinned and green-eyed screams Irish, and I do have family stemming from there). Annoyingly though, this last weekend has been a mass heatwave, like the hottest days of 2010 in the UK so far and I HAVE BEEN WORKING ALL WEEKEND. ALL OF IT. :mad2:

Imperfectionist
05-24-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm quite pale because of the generally crappy weather over here and that makes me sad cos I like having a tan :( I usually tan quite well when i'm on holiday though cos of my Mediterranean blood.

I'm in Zeldy's boat as well, so lovely over here and i've just been working and revising. I was sitting inside yesterday just resenting the rest of the world for having fun :(

BarelySeeAtAll
05-24-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm quite pale because of the generally crappy weather over here and that makes me sad cos I like having a tan :( I usually tan quite well when i'm on holiday though cos of my Mediterranean blood.

I'm in Zeldy's boat as well, so lovely over here and i've just been working and revising. I was sitting inside yesterday just resenting the rest of the world for having fun :(

Aww! You should take some books etc out in the sun like I had to today! Locked outdoors so I just revised on my back garden in the sun ;D ...I did end up burning though T_T I never tan! *jealous* I'm pasty pale which is okay but a bit odd in this weather. :tongue:

NorthernChaosGod
05-24-2010, 07:11 PM
My legs are really pale because I always wear long pants when I go out.

I dont mind sunburn if I get it doing something enjoyable like going to the beach because the pain is just a constant reminder of how much fun I had

Also this thread came at an appropriate time as today i got burnt from a pie and there are a couple of blisters on my thumb and I was on a train so I couldnt run it under cold water straight away. Any suggestions for treatment?

It's supposed to be cool water, not cold water.

Freya
05-30-2010, 06:39 AM
I avoid the sun cause I always burn but with this memorial weekend (so far) I was out almost all day. I had sunscreen on but it washed off as I went swimming in the lake. I needed waterproof kind but I didn't have it. IT BURNNNSS D:

It always takes em burning first before I tan though. I burn so easily.

Iceglow
05-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Oh you should've seen what happened to me in Egypt earlier this year, we landed at sunset and spent the first evening having a quiet drink in the bar and went bed late. Woke up late morning next day and went to the beach. I hadn't slept before going to Egypt, the last 48 hours before takeoff were just too hectic. I had to pack the first day/night whilst still working my shift and then the day before I went I had to work again and at the same point had to wake Ewa up at 2/3am so we could get to Victoria station for the train on time. So having had only 8 hours sleep in 63 hours or so I was still tired, especially with the flight taking it out of me. Fell asleep on the sun lounger at the beach and due to the east facing nature of the beach the sun went round on my right (south) side. I burned even through sun lotion all down the right side of my body, next day I had to burn my left side deliberately in to alignment with the right because I looked like two face from the batman movies!

Raistlin
05-30-2010, 04:28 PM
I used to not burn at all as a kid, but as I got older I spent less and less time in the sun, so now I can definitely burn. I got pretty bad sunburn on my shoulders from my beach vacation last week.

Lawr
05-30-2010, 04:33 PM
I feel so left out in this thread. :-(

NorthernChaosGod
05-30-2010, 04:54 PM
I avoid the sun cause I always burn but with this memorial weekend (so far) I was out almost all day. I had sunscreen on but it washed off as I went swimming in the lake. I needed waterproof kind but I didn't have it. IT BURNNNSS D:

It always takes em burning first before I tan though. I burn so easily.

Lol. You're supposed to reapply sunblock, even if it's waterproof, every couple of hours.

BarelySeeAtAll
05-30-2010, 09:19 PM
I feel so left out in this thread. :-(

*hugs* you should feel like god.

A cute guy I liked looked like he was blushing the other day, but I think he was burned a little. :(

Shiny
05-30-2010, 09:56 PM
One time I got a sunburn on my nose, but that was only because I was in 105 degree weather after I had just put proactiv on my nose to remove a pimple. Since then, I haven't had any problems with being burnt by the sun.

Hambone
05-30-2010, 11:39 PM
All my life I've gotten burned if I was out in the sun any longer than an hour. I always forgot to put sunscreen on. :(

I'm pretty pale, but when I do burn (which is really rare because I never go out in the sun anymore), it's the kind of burn that fades into a tan. Because of this, I can't tan without making a sacrifice. Beauty comes at a price?