PDA

View Full Version : Heading out East

Laddy
05-22-2010, 10:40 PM
In 9(?) days I will be visting England, Wales, and Ireland! Woo! I will be arriving at London Heathrow Airport. What do you suggest I pack? :o

qwertysaur
05-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Cookies :p

Also buy lots of candy in England :bigsmile:

PeneloRatsbane
05-22-2010, 10:57 PM
its hot at the mo in england, rather unusually. Make sure you bring a selection of clothes because its gone from being chilly like two-three weeks ago to be roasting today and the last few days lol.

Bunny
05-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Lots of condoms.

Jessweeee♪
05-22-2010, 11:18 PM
toothbrush

Laddy
05-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Lots of condoms.
I left them at your house. :(

Shlup
05-22-2010, 11:30 PM
I would answer your question but I can't read that ugly color.

Rye
05-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Pack your sanity and emotions, because LHR is a horrible airport, full of horrible nasty immigration staff. I was returning to England with my student visa, which is totally infallible proof that I'm not some squatter looking to steal their NHS, and I still thought the woman was going to deport me, she was so scary and mean to me.

Sorry, but it's true! I know most airports tend to be full of horrible people, but they're especially bad there.

In both N. Ireland and the republic though, the airport staff are extremely nice and went over and beyond the call of duty to help me out when I was lost and confused or had a question. This is part of the reason why I like Ireland the most in the UK. Savor it because you won't find people as friendy and polite in England, that's for sure (ahhh, I'm doing it again, no offense Eng-friends, YOU guys are polite and I love you, I just had too many bad experiences with strangers in England... ;___; )

Make sure you pack slightly extra toiletries stuff. Toiletries are strangely expensive in England, so you don't want to have to re-stock there.

Ireland is the nicest! Be sure to buy the most "tourist" stuff there, because it's cheaper there.

Oh! And buy lots of day saver bus tickets.

♪ Get on my bus with my day savuhhhh, smoke da reefah in the cornahhhh (nsfw language, oh and Laddy, you should avoid these kind of people in the UK, jsyk) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uja3W-ibifc) ♪

Bunny
05-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Lots of condoms.

Come on over and get them. :jokey:

PeneloRatsbane
05-22-2010, 11:49 PM
hmm, I've never had any trouble at heathrow, its about 40 mins from my house and its the airport i always use.

Laddy
05-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Lots of condoms.

Come on over and get them. :jokey:
I am, now I'm tied to your bedpost. How ever did I get here?