PDA

View Full Version : Cities In Cocoon??

finaloblivion
05-23-2010, 12:34 AM
So, I read a post somewhere in this forum that showed a map of Cocoon. As it was, the only cities/towns that were mentioned on the map and in the game were Eden, Palumpolum, and Bodham. There's of course Nautilus Park and the other wilderness locations, but those aren't population centers. But, it's said that Cocoon is the home to millions of people - do they all live in these three cities? Or are there other smaller towns in between that just simply aren't mentioned? Eden definitely could be the home to over a million people, like New York or Tokyo, and Palumpolum seems fairly large as well. Bodhum, not so much. What do you guys think?

EDIT: note that I'm in the process of reading, but haven't finished, the prequel short stories to the game. so if the answers are in there...apologies

ChickenHeart
05-23-2010, 02:41 AM
I think there were of course more cities, however the lazy developers decided not to bother! -giggle-

i would of liked some eco-friendly village to at least look at once though :/

Via Infinito
05-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Was it a map like this? http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100416021652/finalfantasy/images/1/10/Cocoon_Map_Translation.png If so, there definitely have to be more cities. This map is kind of strange though. Why is it in the form of a cross? It also looks kind of incomplete especially in the northern area.

finaloblivion
05-27-2010, 05:09 PM
yes that is the map i was talking about. looking at it now, i'd have to agree that there definitely looks like there are places where there could be other cities.

as to why it's in the form of the cross, i would think that if you wrapped those edges around and tried to put them together like the corners of a piece of paper they would meet and make a sphere...ish...thing. lol actually it seems like even that being said there's some portions missing. another reason why there are probably places on there that aren't detailed in the game (other cities, wilderness areas...), and the map is shaped like that to include the key locations in the game.

thanks a lot for reposting that, i was trying to find it so i could have another look at it :D