PDA

View Full Version : WHAT MAKES THIS GAME SO FREAKING AWESOME???

reinward
05-24-2010, 03:34 AM
i dont even know. i cant describe it. its just so charming and funny yet serious at the same time. no other game can compare (although FFX did come close)

black orb
05-24-2010, 04:35 AM
>>> I think it was the art direction (http://squarehaven.com/people/Hideo-Minaba/)..:luca:

Shiny
05-24-2010, 04:45 AM
The dialogue. In my opinion, I think it had the best game script in the entire series. You got things like, "I'm sharpening my blade, kupo!" "Ooo, soft!" "*tinkle *tinkle*" "I'm kupo for kupo nuts!" "No Cloud, no Squall shall hinder us!" And of course, pretty much all of Quina's dialogue was hilarious.

blackmage_nuke
05-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Vivi and Stiener

Vivisteiner
05-24-2010, 02:57 PM
The characters and their interactions, the world, the story, the philosophy and the music.

And what blackmage_nuke said.

Jiro
05-27-2010, 03:11 PM
I think art direction had a great deal to do with it. The game is presented in such a welcoming manner. The story is multifaceted, and (almost) all the characters get some really good development.

I think they captured the feel of the traditional FFs really well, which sold a lot of people on nostalgia alone.

Araciel
05-27-2010, 03:31 PM
The ability system.

Crossblades
05-27-2010, 05:01 PM
The following list is what makes this game so great

* The ability system
* The characters
* Throwbacks to other FFs
* The world map
* The chocobo hot and cold game
* The story
* The world map
* The music

One would think that this is my #1 favorite FF game, but it's only my 3rd favorite o_O

Beowulf
05-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Well, it kind of goes back into time. It's more reminiscent of the older Final Fantasy series, with the game setting and whatnot. The story line was really phenomenal, the dialogue made me chuckle quite a bit, and it had a great cast of characters. Only thing is, I wish you could've had a moogle in your party. :(

Flying Arrow
05-31-2010, 11:29 PM
ATEs! Whose idea was it to do away with ATEs in post-IX FFs? Hell, why hasn't SE made a time machine and integrated ATEs into the older games too? (Or at least implement them in the remakes?)

Vivisteiner
06-01-2010, 07:56 PM
ATEs! Whose idea was it to do away with ATEs in post-IX FFs? Hell, why hasn't SE made a time machine and integrated ATEs into the older games too? (Or at least implement them in the remakes?)
QFT

Chris
06-04-2010, 02:43 PM
It's charming. "Charming" is the perfect word to describe this game with. It was cute, and a relief to play after two games of endless gloom. Still one of my all-time favorite games. It's a creature comfort.

Mirage
06-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Nothing, really.

Vivisteiner
06-04-2010, 09:53 PM
It's charming. "Charming" is the perfect word to describe this game with. It was cute, and a relief to play after two games of endless gloom. Still one of my all-time favorite games. It's a creature comfort.
It is charming, but I don't think it's a 'creature comfort'. FFIX deals with some very deep issues. I would argue that the philosophy in the game is more developed than in any other FF I've played.

Christmas
06-10-2010, 01:56 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs32/f/2008/217/5/5/Quina_Quen___FFIX_by_Pancake_mix.jpg