PDA

View Full Version : Reminisce your first completion.

Greatermaximus
05-24-2010, 07:34 AM
How much do you remember your first completion? Levels, time and place, who was with you?

Since it's been a decade or more for me I can't even remember much. The first time I went into Tyrano forest I died to a Bracosaur and didn't return for three games or so.

I thought Relm was a witch and Strago a King. I'm sure I was over level 50 when I first beat Kefka. I only had 3/4 the members minus notably Mog, Gogo, and Umaro.

But I beat it relatively easily overall.

blackmage_nuke
05-24-2010, 08:24 AM
First time I got to kefka my level was in the mid 20s because i kept running from random encounters and got my ass handed to me by the first stage of the final boss. Next time I got there I was at about 40. To my memory my party was Shadow to Throw all my most awesome equipment, Relm because I taught her Life 3, Sabin for Bum rush and setzer for Gengi Gloves + Fixed Dice + Doom darts + Offering.

Jiro
05-24-2010, 09:21 AM
My levels would've been around 50/60. I had a party consisting of Edgar, Sabin, Terra and Locke, but Edgar fainted during the battle so either Cyan or Setzer stepped up. I slayed him pretty easily with those kinds of levels. :D

theundeadhero
05-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Somewhere around 15 years ago in my mom's living room playing a rom.

ANGRYWOLF
05-27-2010, 05:21 PM
That was years ago back when the SNES was still in its heyday.

rotfl...

I am replaying it finally with the FF Anthologies version I bought years ago but never played.

The anthologies version consists of 2 discs..one for FFV and the other for VI of course.
I doubt very many people have it although imo I feel it's better to have the discs than the handheld versions of older games Square seems intend to bring out or have brought out.

Just got Gau..I am a big fan of Gau and his blue magic, which I wish we would see more of in the current games.It was so badly done with Kilmari in FFX and didn't even show up in the recent games and I find that a shame.

I find I am enjoying the game dated graphics notwithstanding because it's a true rpg.

:D

Zeromus_X
05-27-2010, 11:20 PM
The final battle was really epic. I remember being obscenely overleveled with several characters knowing Ultima; but still took several tries to beat Kefka since I didn't understand the battle system that well/ had poor equipment. After finally beating him, the ending was a real treat.

Chris
05-29-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't remember everything in detail, but I remember that I used Sabin, Terra, Mog and Umaro. I know, a strange combination, but Mog and Umaro was so much fun to use. I remember actually shaking a little bit the first time I finished the game. My entire playthrough was overly emotional; the music, the characters and everything. It moved me deeply. :(

Bunny
05-29-2010, 06:14 PM
I was very angry with the Magic Tower.

Greatermaximus
05-31-2010, 06:53 AM
Edgar fainted. Does that mean you waited till the end before having Terra use magic for the first time?

Not even I can think of everything. It's interesting how we all had different ideas and perspectives on the game. Like how much we cared for saving Cid and others.

Flying Arrow
07-13-2010, 07:15 PM
The anthologies version consists of 2 discs..one for FFV and the other for VI of course.
I doubt very many people have it although imo I feel it's better to have the discs than the handheld versions of older games Square seems intend to bring out or have brought out.

:D

I've still got my FFA discs, too. But I prefer the 'Advance' version of both games. Smoother, better translation - what more could you want? I find the FFA has the slowest, most rickety versions of those games. For an easily frustrated person like myself, the load times make them nearly unplayable.

VeloZer0
07-13-2010, 11:25 PM
I killed Kefka in one shot with Gengi Glove/Offering
/shame

don't look at me....

Christmas
07-16-2010, 03:57 PM
My levels were 80 plus and I called everyone from the neighbourhood to have an epic gathering to witness this spectacular moment as I liberate everyone from Kefka! :bigsmile:

But the others were not impress cause they complain that Kefka dies too easily and he scares little children with that weird outfit of his. :(

MJN SEIFER
07-17-2010, 01:41 AM
My first completion had an important line cut out of the ending, so I had no idea how Terra lived at the end...

Crossblades
07-18-2010, 02:45 AM
In my very first playthrough, all my characters were around level 60(with the exception of Relm and Gau since I never used them)with all spells learned when I completed the game. It took place one sunny summer afternoon back in '99.