PDA

View Full Version : Achievements

Skyblade
05-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Reading through the Villa page, I noticed the comment that buying the Villa would be an achievement if FFVII were remade today. Thinking about it, I believe that is probable accurate, and that got me thinking, what other things would become achievements?

Lady's Man - Being chosen as Don Corneo's lucky lady.
Materia-listic - Obtain every Materia.
It's Huge - Obtaining the Huge Materia.
Fortification - Winning every Fort Condor mission.
WEAPON Slayer - Defeating the WEAPONS.
All that is Golden - Obtain a Gold Chocobo.
Double Agent - Earn the top prizes in the Shinra March competitions.

What other ones can you think of?

MJN SEIFER
05-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Are they not still achievements in original game? I personally think they are if you haven't done it yet.

Sephiroth
05-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Bronze Trophy
Silver Trophy
Gold Trophy

Platinum Trophy: The Promised Land - Collect all Final Fantasy VII Reborn (this would be the fitting name for the remake) trophies
The Planet dies, Cloud! - Start a New Game
Chasing the Man with the Black Cape - Leave Midgar
Can you hear the Cry of the Planet? - Finish the Forgotten Capital scenario
Now bow before your master! - Arrive at the Northern Crater the first time
The Fall of the Giant - Finish the Sister Ray scenario
What is it you're fighting for? - Arrive at the Northern Crater
Calamity from the Sky - Destroy JENOVA's true form
Birth of a God - Face Sephiroth for the Final Battle
Fallen One - Defeat Sephiroth
Peacefullness - Finish Final Fantasy VII normal mode
Can you see the Smile of the Planet? - Finish Final Fantasy VII hard mode
The Star of Wutai - Get Yuffie
Sleeping Sins - Get Vincent
"Lady's Man" - Dress Cloud so Don Corneo will choose him
This is MY Villa! - Buy Villa Cloud
Interrupted by Fireworks - Date Aerith and Tifa
Wild Night - Date Yuffie
Something Special - Date Barret
(bronze trophy, but the html code doesn't work for it - very strange) You are my Living Legacy... - Remember Zack's ending once you've returned to the cellar of the ShinRa Manor again
Really just Childhood Friends? - Have the longest conversation scene with Tifa right before flying to Sephiroth
Fortress Defender - Defend the Fort Condor in all possible scenarios
For the Family - Finish the Wutai scenario (Don Corneo & Pagoda)
Sealed Legends - Obtain the Knights of the Round Table Materia
The Gift of the Ancients - Collect at least one of every materia
MASTER Mind - MASTER at least one of every materia
Nothing is unbreakable - Learn all LIMIT Breaks
Good, better, ultimate - Obtain all 8 ultimate weapons
Wark! Wark! - Breed the legendary Ocean Chocobo
The Joy of Travelling - Make the Man in Kalm leave his house for his Worldtrip
For my Gem Box - Destroy the Ruby WEAPON
Green Terror - Destroy the Emerald WEAPON
Deep Dive - Destroy the Emerald WEAPON while having the Underwater Materia equipped
Divine Slayer - Defeat Sephiroth Phase III in hard mode with a perfect Omnislash (like the normal and the hard mode there would be another extra for the hard mode - while using the Omnislash you would have to win all the 15 slashes by tapping the correct button - otherwise Sephiroth would block it and you wouldn't be able to use a perfect Omnislash)

Mirage
05-25-2010, 01:27 AM
Hopefully, the achievements won't include as many typos as this thread ;).

And ergh at giving out achievements for things that are impossible to not do. I hate that trend.

Karifean
05-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Deep Dive - Destroy the Emerald WEAPON while having the Underwater Materia equipped

I think it'd be better to give you a trophy if you beat Emerald without having Underwater Materia equipped? In exchange, probably set the timer to 10.00 or something like that.

Fallen One - Defeat Sephiroth
Peacefullness - Finish Final Fantasy VII normal mode

???
What's the difference?

Interrupted by Fireworks - Date Aerith and Tifa

I think it would be better if you could get all ingame trophies in one go (except for the 'complete in normal/hard mode')

The Joy of Travelling - Make the Man in Kalm leave his house for his Worldtrip

Uh... doesn't this require you to beat the WEAPONS...? And beating them gives gold trophies...?

Anyways...

One Winged Angel - Defeat Sepher Sephiroth in 5 minutes.
Dragon Lord - Obtain all 3 Bahamut Summon-materias.
Treasure Hunter - Held every weapon, armor and accessory at least once in your hands.
Unsneaky - Defeat the Midgar Zolom. (trophy color may vary if Zolom's difficulty is changed)
Full Power - Reach Lv 99 with every party member.
Ancient Spirit - Complete the Ancient Forest.
The Wall of Fame - Get 5000+ points in Speed Square.
Pro Jockey - Win 10 races in Rank S with one chocobo.
Cactus on Ice - Unlock the Cactuar ghost in the Snowboarding minigame.
Crazy Motorcycle - Get 10000+ points in the G-Bike minigame.
Your Fortune - Seen every one of Cait Sith's "Reels"-results.

Loony BoB
05-25-2010, 04:40 PM
And ergh at giving out achievements for things that are impossible to not do. I hate that trend.
I don't mind it so much - although I disagree with the idea of an achievement/trophy for starting a game, I do think that you can generally judge how much of a game has been played through by their achievements/trophies, and with that in mind it makes sense to have them be given out as you get through 'stages' of the game as well as when you complete sidequests etc.

Sephiroth
05-25-2010, 06:53 PM
I think it'd be better to give you a trophy if you beat Emerald without having Underwater Materia equipped? In exchange, probably set the timer to 10.00 or something like that.

There are two Emerald WEAPON trophies. One of them is the one you want to exist.

???
What's the difference?

It's the trophy/achievement in some games. You get a trophy for the final boss and one for finishing the game itself. Darksiders for example has such trophies.

I think it would be better if you could get all ingame trophies in one go (except for the 'complete in normal/hard mode')

I don't. And if you are okay with a normal and a hard mode trophy you have to finish the story at least twice so it is the same.

Uh... doesn't this require you to beat the WEAPONS...? And beating them gives gold trophies...?

No. For the Kalm Traveller you need to give him 3 items. The trophies are connected, but not the same.

Karifean
05-25-2010, 08:29 PM

No. For the Kalm Traveller you need to give him 3 items. The trophies are connected, but not the same.

I know how you make the Kalm Traveller leave. It just seems strange to me that that is merely a silver trophy.

MJN SEIFER
05-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Please answer my question; Why are these not already achievements? Is it because it's an old game? You don't have to remake a game to play it.

Meat Puppet
05-26-2010, 11:49 PM
I don't mind it so much - although I disagree with the idea of an achievement/trophy for starting a game, I do think that you can generally judge how much of a game has been played through by their achievements/trophies, and with that in mind it makes sense to have them be given out as you get through 'stages' of the game as well as when you complete sidequests etc.
I don’t see anything wrong with one for starting. I make sure that all my achievements have timestamps, so I can see how long I messed around trying to beat a game for the first time.

Goldenboko
05-27-2010, 02:21 AM
Please answer my question; Why are these not already achievements? Is it because it's an old game? You don't have to remake a game to play it.

XBOX360 included a section for "Achievements" that the designers decide what should be an achievement and gamerpoints and etc. and etc. The thread is asking if FFVII was to be remade, what would the designer made "Achievements" be?

Mo-Nercy
05-27-2010, 03:16 AM
All Pain, No (Materia) Gain - Obtain all character's ultimate weapons

Don't Like Suits - Encounter (and defeat) the Turks in all optional locations that you can find them

ZolOMG - Defeat the Midgar Zolom BEFORE entering the Mythril Cave for the first time

Sharpshooter - Score 100 successive points in the Gold Saucer basketball game

Digital Champion - Win the 'rock-paper-scissors'-style fighting game in the Wonder
Square

Bless You - Collect 99 Tissues

Skillful - Obtain all Enemy Skills

Memory Jogger - Get the full story of the Gold Chocobo from the Chocobo Sage

Armageddon Fist - Yeah! all of Tifa's 8 reels

(or alternatively)

Armageddon Fist - Win the Scarlet vs. Tifa mini game on the Sister Ray without getting hit

Makings of a Hero - During the Kalm flashback, Cloud must not die in any battle (this is kind of silly, because it is pure chance if you survive or not)

All I can think of for now. It's fun coming up with the names of these! =]

Flying Arrow
05-27-2010, 05:04 AM
A bronze trophy each for collecting each characters full list of limit breaks, and a gold for getting Aeris's.

MJN SEIFER
05-27-2010, 11:46 AM

XBOX360 included a section for "Achievements" that the designers decide what should be an achievement and gamerpoints and etc. and etc. The thread is asking if FFVII was to be remade, what would the designer made "Achievements" be?

Oh, I see. I just thought it meant what the PLAYER would concider an "achievment".

Loony BoB
05-27-2010, 01:08 PM
I don’t see anything wrong with one for starting. I make sure that all my achievements have timestamps, so I can see how long I messed around trying to beat a game for the first time.
Wouldn't the logical place to look for that be the in-game timer?

Jiro
05-27-2010, 01:40 PM
The in-game timer measures time playing. He means time inclusive of when the game is off. Also deaths return the timer to what it was at the save point iirc.

Meat Puppet
05-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Wouldn't the logical place to look for that be the in-game timer?
Let’s see how long it took BoB to beat all the Left 4 Dead campaigns on Expert... oh wait... he hasn’t done it.

Loony BoB
06-01-2010, 11:18 AM
If you ever have seen me play an FPS, you'll realise pretty quickly that there is no way in hell, even if I had three of the best EoFF has to offer on my side, I would finish all campaigns on expert. I'd be lucky to get through one. xD