PDA

View Full Version : thread of things you wish you didn't have to do

missaira
05-25-2010, 12:17 AM
for starters, my stupid business management report. it's only 1500-1750 words but my gosh it's boring. so so so boring. i recently finished a report for my public relations course and it was almost 4000 words, yet it was FUN and i actually enjoyed doing it. this is just.. beyond pointless.

so i pose the question - what things have you been forced to do that you really didn't want to?

Bunny
05-25-2010, 12:56 AM
I really wish I didn't have to pack. Unfortunately, I'm moving so it's sort of necessary. Where are all the mexicans when you need them?

Jiro
05-25-2010, 02:47 AM
I don't want to study for my economics exam, but I am. I want to succeed!

Vermachtnis
05-25-2010, 03:02 AM
I don't want to use the bathroom, but if I wait it could come out at inopportune times. I mean really I don't like having to get up to use the bath room. So annoying.

Clo
05-25-2010, 03:09 AM
Hm. Go to work. I don't want to do that.

Imperfectionist
05-25-2010, 03:12 AM
I don't want to do my exams because they're scary and I hate doing work :(

I also don't want to have to finish off my art coursework because it means i'm gonna have to pull a lot of all-nighters next week to finish it all :stare:

Old Manus
05-25-2010, 03:36 AM
Beat my girlfriend.

SHE FUCKING MAKES ME DO IT MAN. ALL I WANT IS A DROP OF MILK IN MY COFFEE, BUT SHE CAN'T EVEN DO THAT RIGHT. SHE KEEPS PUSHING, AND PUSHING AND I JUST CAN'T HELP IT

rubah
05-25-2010, 03:37 AM
Demolish my girlhood bedroom.

fire_of_avalon
05-25-2010, 03:40 AM
Sleep. I hate sleep. It's so useless. I could be doing stuff instead of not doing stuff.

Rye
05-25-2010, 03:44 AM
I've actually got nothing here. I've been pretty happy at work, so it's not so much a being forced thing.

Maybe biting my nails - no one is pointing a gun to my head and making me, nor are bills and educational responsibility hanging in the balance of me biting my nails, but it's such an impulse ingrained by nearly two decades of habit that it's nearly impossible to stop. Especially when I'm bored, like I am at work when no new orders have come in for a while to me. My fingers are swollen and red from the pain and soreness of biting my nails and cuticles. Ugh.

I need to really try to stop for a few days, so that my fingers aren't so painful and ugly. Then when they look more acceptable and less embarrassing, I'll go get acrylic tips again so that I don't gnaw my fingers off!

~*~Celes~*~
05-25-2010, 04:16 AM
Get a job. Why can't i just earn money by being lazy? :(

NorthernChaosGod
05-25-2010, 04:48 AM

Well, you could always earn money while laying down...

Jessweeee♪
05-25-2010, 05:28 AM
I don't want to have to hunt down all of these colleges and then hunt down their tuition information separately.

Mo-Nercy
05-25-2010, 06:08 AM
Sleep. I hate sleep. It's so useless. I could be doing stuff instead of not doing stuff.
Yup.

And also travelling to places. I wish I could be anywhere I needed to be without having to drive, wait for a bus, organise a lift or get on a train. Sydney just sucks at facilitating all forms of transportation.

Momiji
05-25-2010, 07:33 AM

I'll trade you. You can have my 3-4 hours a night instead so I can not do stuff instead of do stuff.

Not that I do much while I'm awake, either :-/

Unbreakable Will
05-25-2010, 07:47 AM

These sum it up. I have a love/hate relationship with sleep, I love to, but i'd rather do other things at the same time. And I wish I could earn money lazing about, god knows i'm the laziest bastard thats ever lived.

Breine
05-25-2010, 01:54 PM

Well, you could always earn money while laying down...

Ohhhhhhh snap!

I don't feel like emptying the dishwasher, but I have to at one point. At least I have a dishwasher, though.

missaira
05-25-2010, 02:23 PM
I wish I could be anywhere I needed to be without having to drive, wait for a bus, organise a lift or get on a train. Sydney just sucks at facilitating all forms of transportation.

i feel your pain. public transport up here is terrible, although thankfully traffic isn't bad so i can drive around easy.

on a happee note i kinda almost sorta finished the stupid assignment. woo!

Quindiana Jones
05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
I have an exam tomorrow morning. I started revising 5 hours ago. My method of revision is to word process about 12 pages of notes, colour code them, then memorise them. It usually takes 4 days per module.

My exam is set into two parts. Section A and B. I must answer 1 question from each. A = 216BC - 80BC. B = 79BC - 31BC. I didn't go to any lectures concering the stuff in section B, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be putting here. And the powerpoint things are :bou::bou::bou::bou: because they're just pictures. WHY MUST MY LECTURES BE ACTUAL LECTURES? :mad:

missaira
05-25-2010, 03:43 PM
My method of revision is to word process about 12 pages of notes, colour code them, then memorise them.

WHOA ARE YOU ME? :eek:

Chloe.
05-25-2010, 03:53 PM
I have an exam Thursday that I don't want to do, and I don't want to revise for it either. I suck at revising :(

Loony BoB
05-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Working 9-5, five days a week. I'd rather work something like 10-3, four days a week. I don't want to cut out work entirely, it's a good place for the social aspects of life, I find. If you're in the right job with the right people, it's good fun.

I wish I didn't have to pay so much in order to learn things. The idea of paying circa £1000 for a PRINCE II course, or £20 per driving lesson when I decide to go down that road (mind the pun), that's the kind of thing I think should be much cheaper.

Quindiana Jones
05-25-2010, 04:02 PM
My method of revision is to word process about 12 pages of notes, colour code them, then memorise them.

WHOA ARE YOU ME? :eek:

Don't be silly! It's not Thursday yet. :roll2

Zeldy
05-25-2010, 04:14 PM

OH MAN. When I leave for Uni, my room is becoming my older brother's and it absolutely devastates me, but I have no say in the matter. I have the second biggest bedroom and I'm leaving, whilst my brother has the tiny box room. The thought of emptying out my stuff though..

I don't want to carry on self-teaching myself from the textbook Sociology at A2. It's what happens when you constantly skip class, I have no knowledge.

Carl the Llama
05-26-2010, 04:05 AM
I wish I didnt have to pay rent or go to work ^^

Iceglow
05-26-2010, 08:49 AM
My job. I have to go there but I'm so sick of dealing with a product I don't bloody like (for the most part) and I don't feel happy but have to act happy for customers which makes me want to kill people all the time.

missaira
05-26-2010, 01:30 PM

OH MAN. When I leave for Uni, my room is becoming my older brother's and it absolutely devastates me, but I have no say in the matter.

:eek: how awkward! i bet it'll feel really weird when you come back to visit :(

Clo
05-26-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm going to expand on mine.

I don't want to work TWO jobs. I wish I could work one stable, nice, pleasant, well-paced one where I can be self-sufficient.

Also, I don't want to work at McDonalds. I like my other job at the elementary school, but if I could just not have to drive over to McDonalds and put on that stifling uniform afterwards, my life would be made (er, though I would have less money, which I need).

PeneloRatsbane
05-27-2010, 12:18 PM
my final law exam next friday
oh and I wish I didn't have to deal with the swinging pendulum that is my emotions at the moment. I'm going to actually go insane

Ultima Shadow
05-27-2010, 01:48 PM
I wish I didn't have to pay so much in order to learn things. The idea of paying circa £1000 for a PRINCE II course, or £20 per driving lesson when I decide to go down that road (mind the pun), that's the kind of thing I think should be much cheaper.Gotta second this. I hate it when I find some kind of course/lesson that I'd really like to take, and then you check the price tag and go like: "on second thought, perhaps not..."

Meat Puppet
05-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Working 9-5, five days a week.
I prefer 6 to 3. I hate finishing at 5 for some reason... the world seems so depressing at that hour.

Rye
05-28-2010, 02:24 AM
Working 9-5, five days a week.
I prefer 6 to 3. I hate finishing at 5 for some reason... the world seems so depressing at that hour.

I hear you. I work 9-6, and it feels like there's no sunshine in the world at that time. I feel like I miss the sun during the day time. It'll quite literally be that way in the winter, though luckily my hours will be back to part time since I'll be doing college classes as well.

black orb
05-28-2010, 02:37 AM
>>> Eat that expired food (it was a big mistake)..:luca:

Miss_Lulu
05-28-2010, 06:13 AM
I wish I didn't have to have blood flow out of a certain place on my body for a week every month.

Just saying, just saying.

NorthernChaosGod
05-28-2010, 06:53 AM
Well, then you'd be pregnant. :p

Bunny
05-28-2010, 07:20 AM
I wish I didn't have to have blood flow out of a certain place on my body for a week every month.

Just saying, just saying.

How to Stop Having Periods | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_4692606_stop-having-periods.html)

Breine
05-28-2010, 07:44 PM
I wish I didn't have to spend 3 hours on plublic transport tomorrow to go home and visit my parents for the weekend. But, I am going, and luckily I like traveling by train - it's just annoying to "waste" time on transport.

Can't wait to raid my parents' fridge! xD

Jowy
05-30-2010, 05:05 AM
dishes